Discussion Frustrated with Church As We Know It?

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 30:10 is what I was reading today. How apropos.
Can you be clear about what you are trying to say? Are you accusing me of something? I sort of skipped over your first post, thinking well, this person obviously doesn't get what I am saying.... but now I wonder.....

Upvote 0

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey, great point. Ya, I'm in denial, curse Jesus' bride away! And hey, that proverbs verse was for others, not you. Let me live in denial, although I'm not really sure what I've denied, but sometimes facts don't matter.
The "bride" has cursed HERSELF, and yes you & others that think like you, live in denial.

We have the word of God, saying "The love (agape) of many will wax cold..." We have the promise of "the great falling away" & and we have the Lord Himself saying ...he that abides in Me, will produce much fruit..." Where is the genuine love at in church today? Love to correct someone, even to the point of shuning them, so that their behavior will change? No one does this any more, we make excuses for them. (Even though Paul says this as a matter of discipline) No one "reconciles" themselves one to another. No one (that I've ever heard of) confesses sins one to another (who are non-catholic) so that "they may be healed". You & yours wants to focus on the minute good that we produce, that in the end don't realize we could produce SO MUCH MORE if we were actually disciplined like we are supposed to! Maybe the leaders don't want this kind of scrutiny, b/c then THEY would have to be conformed more like Christ as well.

Now tell me how you know churches that are having food drives & helping the homeless, etc. I remember Jesus performing MIRACLES to get His point/authority across. For churches who are supposed to have a "handle" on the Holy Ghost, I see no direct correlation that the dead are raised more in charismatic circles, as opposed to Methodists or even Baptists!

But please, continue telling us everything is a-ok.

Upvote 0

Walt74

Better to run with truth than walk with the dead.
Oct 17, 2015
East Texas
✟7,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey, great point. Ya, I'm in denial, curse Jesus' bride away! And hey, that proverbs verse was for others, not you. Let me live in denial, although I'm not really sure what I've denied, but sometimes facts don't matter.
Yeah, the verse you posted spoke to me, and you're right. Everything is as according to His will. I really need that tattooed on my heart, especially in the times to come. Thank you for pointing that out to me. :)

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The "bride" has cursed HERSELF, and yes you & others that think like you, live in denial.

We have the word of God, saying "The love (agape) of many will wax cold..." We have the promise of "the great falling away" & and we have the Lord Himself saying ...he that abides in Me, will produce much fruit..." Where is the genuine love at in church today? Love to correct someone, even to the point of shuning them, so that their behavior will change? No one does this any more, we make excuses for them. (Even though Paul says this as a matter of discipline) No one "reconciles" themselves one to another. No one (that I've ever heard of) confesses sins one to another (who are non-catholic) so that "they may be healed". You & yours wants to focus on the minute good that we produce, that in the end don't realize we could produce SO MUCH MORE if we were actually disciplined like we are supposed to! Maybe the leaders don't want this kind of scrutiny, b/c then THEY would have to be conformed more like Christ as well.

Now tell me how you know churches that are having food drives & helping the homeless, etc. I remember Jesus performing MIRACLES to get His point/authority across. For churches who are supposed to have a "handle" on the Holy Ghost, I see no direct correlation that the dead are raised more in charismatic circles, as opposed to Methodists or even Baptists!

What a limited look at a billions of people. The 'Bride' has not cursed herself, individuals that are believers, some do not follow the Word and teachings of Jesus.

I know that you are angry, but to make such a generalization is not factual as well.

Maybe you fail to know that Jesus Christ is with us, within us? That even Christians, only those who are willing to lay down their lives and follow Christ go in that direction. God does not force us to do things, neither before we became Christians, or after.

INDIVIDUALS love wanes cold. Individuals have individual relationships with God. That is why Jesus Christ died, to give us forgiveness and God with us. Some are very close to God, some are not. That is the way it is. Maybe look at the good things Christians are doing around the world? Maybe look at each new person who comes to Christ as the greatest gift, eternity in heaven with God. The angels sing each time a new person comes to Christ, maybe we should also. Think about it. Maybe your love is waning cold? Do you help and encourage others in their faith? Are you a help or a hinderance to the work of Christ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
frustrated with church? If you haven't seen it, you might want to watch "Holy Spirit" a movie.

At http://www.christianforums.com/thre...-medical-miracle.7910849/page-3#post-68739111

Paul1149 posted: "Darren Wilson is putting all his movies free online over the next three days. Finger of God, Furious Love, Holy Spirit. Give Finger of God, his first one, a little time to warm up before you write it off."

http://store.wpfilm.com/fog-holysha...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

(It's available 18 more hours).

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
:D Oh yes, I've seen those movies. I have Furious Love. I've seen Holy Spirit in Spanish too! (for some reason I thought it was Holy Ghost, hmm)

So you're suggesting that if we're frustrated with church (and are not in charge), ....what?

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I'm sorry It is "Holy Ghost" Thanks.

Based on his appearance, a friend of ours was refused entrance into a local church last summer. They didn't know he was the guest speaker. He was told he didn't look like a Christian (he looks like the guys in the film). When he asks what a Christian looks like? The reply was - like me (no apparent tats, in a suit, short hair, etc). So he waited in the parking lot until the pastor rescued him.

Think that the disciples daily lives looked a lot like the film. I'm not knocking churches and know there are corporate anointings. One purpose of church is "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ." Eph 4:12

Last edited:
Reactions: talitha
Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Tell me, if you say something and it's not true, what does that make you?

And if you do that, and come from a righteous view, does that make you in denial?

Now again, please show me where I said everything is a-okay?

See my first question. And my second.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, Talitha, for this thread, and my mistake about the name of Darren's fourth film.

It is not cursing the church to discuss its problems in the right spirit. Consider Mt 24 or 2Ti 3, both of which pertain, shockingly, to the church, or Paul's warning in Acts 20 about wolves that would soon ravage the flock, or six of the seven letters to the churches in Revelation, or epistles such as Galatians and parts of 1 and 2Cor.

I have been rewatching Darren's films (and hope everyone has been as well), and the one thing that leaped out at me was that the real Christian walk is very risky, even dangerous. It should be no surprise then that we often take an easier road, and accordingly end up barren or moribund.

I am very dissatisfied with the church in the West, but more than that I am dissatisfied with myself. There is no failing of the church that can excuse not living wholeheartedly for God, even to the point of taking risks. Nothing less than full-on consecration is worthy of Him and what He has done for us. And in this regard I consider myself the chief among sinners.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lack of the love of God and unity in the Spirit characterise the church.

Yes. But it's a beautiful thing to see when it happens :)

One thing I have encountered is many people in Christian circles, unsaved church goers. We need a revival of the word and the presence of God in the church. Not just a social club for the middle class. God Bless You :)

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I'd also like to add that God wrote in His Word times that there had been curses or things had been cursed, so I'm sure when Jesus was talking about what the end-of-days would look like He would have included such a heavy, ,meaningful word like curse if we have been cursed.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The only way things will get better is if we get more welcoming to the newly saved, save more people for Christ and start edifying and uplifting existing Christians so they do not fall away from faith.

It's hard work people, but it's what God called us to do.

Who's with me?

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello Talitha.

Could you kindly explain the expression 'treading water' to me? it's a new one. Thank you :)
Hmmm, upon reflection, maybe a better expression would have been 'marking time'. Does that make more sense?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well talitha for me since I cant speak for all churches and have not been to all. I know what your trying to say but..could it be you? What does love see feel so forth? Be suprised what ONE just one can do seeking praying for there church... every day it opens they are there praying. Like Christ.. just one..look what happen. And HE is in us..wow huh. See the GOOD things they do 1st. Pray stand in the gap for them. They are human just like you and me. They hear they see and give in at times.

But the church as a whole? Our Father is a FAITH GOD!.. ask Him.. yeah..I am sure your going to say.. a are you looking at the same thing I am God? Then you know who seeing the wrong things.

Church.. well some are saying things that Paul by the sweet sweet spirit never said. For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. Anyway..

Upvote 0