frustrated and worn out

C

Christownsme

My belief -
I do believe Jesus was God's only son, and he died as a sacrifice for our sins, and that he was raised from the dead by God. (But even the demons believe..)

My faith -
I have little faith. I have to conjure up what little faith I do have. Sometimes I think my faith is based on my feelings, and that I really don't have any saving faith.

I'm very concerned about this all. I can't make God open my eyes. I've asked many times for him to open my blind eyes so I can see. I am getting frustrated and worn out. I don't know what to do. I have no joy and little peace. Can anybody help me?

ob77

Jun 1, 2014
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
My belief -
I do believe Jesus was God's only son, and he died as a sacrifice for our sins, and that he was raised from the dead by God. (But even the demons believe..)

My faith -
I have little faith. I have to conjure up what little faith I do have. Sometimes I think my faith is based on my feelings, and that I really don't have any saving faith.

I'm very concerned about this all. I can't make God open my eyes. I've asked many times for him to open my blind eyes so I can see. I am getting frustrated and worn out. I don't know what to do. I have no joy and little peace. Can anybody help me?

Look up Luke 3-38 and you will find that Adam was the son of
God. if you are a son of Adam,then you too are a son of God, begotten in the celestial plane before you were born into flesh. Remember, Christ said that He knows His sheep and they hear His voice and follow Him.

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My belief -

My faith -

Do you like Jesus?

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For me , it resides in obedience COM. No joy? No peace? That leaves that voice inside ones head condemning self COM. This is said with no judgment COM but in edification. You being a member here for quite a bit know the problem , but, think it too big to surmount. It may be a lifestyle change, quitting smoking, or any thing that voice inside is berating self for. Above are examples only and do not judge your character. At times it could be a triviality like a lie to help another in past, but,, now it is time for truth, yet, one has lived in the lie for so long it is easier to let it lay. Pray for courage but most importantly wisdom Not to cause strife of another and self. Things such as, if I change this aspect in self, who, does it effect besides self...

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My faith -

I think it takes practice. Trying doing something for God which goes against your feelings and see what happens. Start with something small, like fasting. Skip out on a small treat or some tasty food during the day. You'll feel like eating it, but refrain.

Or try forsaking some material item that you don't really need, or maybe something which you've been storing in a closet/garage. You'll feel like holding on to it, but let it go.

Try volunteering a small portion of your week for a worthy cause. You won't feel like it, but try it anyway.

As you practice, you'll become more aware of the difference between your own feelings and God's will.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My belief -

My faith -

We tend to misuse the idea that even the demons believe. Yes, they do believe because they have to believe. Remember, they are angels. They've been there and seen God. They can't not believe in what they've witnessed first-hand.

But, since you believe, even with your human free will and very human state of sinfulness, then you really do have faith. It's not a sanctifying level of faith, but it is certainly the faith that comes with justifying grace.

Build on that. God is working on you through the Holy Spirit. You know it and can sense it, but you are discouraged because you want full sanctification now. We all do. We all have to accept that it is a long process and have the patience to let it happen in God's time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ticket2Heaven

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2008
California USA
✟197,083.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The biggest question in this life for any person who is not confident of their eternal future is: “What must one do to be eternally saved and go to heaven?” The book of Acts 16:30-31 tells us that, while they were in prison, Paul & Silas were asked the following question by the Jailer. "Sirs, what must I do to be saved? So they said, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved." Jesus Himself said in John 6:47 - "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life." Did you notice the word “has”…, it doesn’t say “will” have, it says “has” everlasting life, which means the very moment you believe in Jesus Christ, you have eternal life. John 20:30-31 tells us what we must believe about Jesus, that is, one must simply believe …that He is the Christ (the promised Messiah), the Son of God; and that believing you may have life (eternal life) in His Name, nothing more and nothing less.

You only need to believe the above once in your life time to be eternally saved. After your saved eternal salvation no longer an issue, once saved always saved (John 10:28-29), the issue after salvation is spiritual growth, to maturity.

When a person becomes a born-again believer, at that very second of faith in Christ, he or she is a “new creation” ([FONT=&quot]2CO 5:17http://biblia.com/books/nasb95/2Co5.17), in this new creation old things [like, the old sin nature has lost its power over us and spiritual death which is separation from God has left us] have passed away; and all things have become new. This new creation [that is, human spirit] is just a baby, dumb as a post. Like a new born baby, this new creature has to grow, be fed spiritual baby food which is simple and basic bible doctrines so the baby spirit can begin to grow spiritually and eventually start applying what has been learned to his or her new life in Christ through to spiritual maturity.[/FONT]

You can grow spiritually by attending the church services and bible studies posted in this group. You are welcome to grow spiritually with us.

By His Grace, Mark

Upvote 0

retlaw

Dec 2, 2010
✟8,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My belief -

My faith -

It sounds like you believe you can "do" something for your salvation, or just believe hard enough. you cannot. The curse upon this earth has no cure except for the sacrifice of Jesus. He punched that ticket over 2000 years ago, it's done, the price for your soul has been paid, just accept it, grasp it, own it.

As for the worn out bit that sounds like you don't have a church family that you are closed to. You need other Christians in your life to strengthen you. They are out there.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
While reading your post and the responses something came to mind out of my past. Many times if we have sin issues in our past, once confessed we fail to forgive ourselves. This can lead to self condemnation and actually hinder our relationship with Christ. Rest assured God loves you, wants the best for you, and I believe has forgiven you of any past transgressions. We all go through dry spells, where we feel our prayers don't go past the ceiling, I'm sure Job felt that way many times. The thing is he persevered and in the end was blessed greatly.

Upvote 0