United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This makes me a sad panda.

And me, a sad duck. But on the bright side, the big three religions can always put aside their differences and unite in their dislike of gay people and the fight to keep them as second class citizens. And apparently the French will help them, too.

Upvote 0
S

seeking Christ

I really don't understand the fight against civil gay marriage.

It's not a fight against "civil gay marriage." Its a fight against marriage being reduced to merely a civil observance. It was instituted by God, and still has meaning. At least to some.

If others want to have some civil observance thingy, most don't object. Just don't pretend its marriage.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It's not a fight against "civil gay marriage." Its a fight against marriage being reduced to merely a civil observance. It was instituted by God, and still has meaning. At least to some.

And those that don't must bow down to those that do? Why? Why should a couple that doesn't believe that not be allowed to have a civil marriage just as anybody else?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

If others want to have some civil observance thingy, most don't object. Just don't pretend its marriage.

I'm a practicing Witch and I'm pretty sure the Bible frowns on that. There was no mention of God or Jesus during our ceremony. Are you suggesting my marriage is invalid or that I'm not really married?

Upvote 0

Mariusch

Jan 4, 2013
✟15,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

so true

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I really doubt that you have any connection to the Bible's usage of the word "witch," at all.

Dodge.

Would you suggest that two atheists are not really married or are not entitled the benefits granted by the government?

Is marriage reserved for Christians?

Upvote 0
S

seeking Christ

Chevy!

Would you suggest that two atheists are not really married or are not entitled the benefits granted by the government?

Is marriage reserved for Christians?

You are attempting to advance a line of logic that says we should open up every possible avenue for observing what marriage wasn't intended to be. I don't find that to be terribly persuasive.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
How could Virginia possibly be against loving? Virginia is for lovers.

Cute. Yes, let's not address the hard points. Poor attempts at humor are far better.

Here's a question for you:

Why should your religious views trump the religious views of others?

Upvote 0