Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Freedom of speech refers to the right to express yourself without government censorship or punishment. Freedom of speech does not refer to, and never has, any right to an audience, or to amnesty from social repercussions of your expression.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More importantly, you have no right to use the internet for your free speech. :eek:

Unless you subscribe to the internet through a provider or steal someone's wifi signal. Please make an effort to remain on topic.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Unless you subscribe to the internet through a provider or steal someone's wifi signal. Please make an effort to remain on topic.
ROTFL ... thanks for confirming my post, btw. :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, which topic would you like me to focus on? Yours ... or the OPs? :scratch:

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When it comes to freedom of speech, have the Democrats changed their views? When I was a Democrat, freedom to speak one's mind was important. Here are two links to two different reactions to freedom of speech as the Democrats now see it.

Many Dems skipping Bibi speech won't snub AIPAC | Fox News

Political Commentator to Be Arrested Because he is Critical of Obama - Downtrend

I guess your free to speak your mind as long as you agree with the president.

D'Souza, lols.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The FCC exercises content control as one of its duties in utility regulation.
Then you are fully aware that the FCC controls content of those utilities it regulates.

From the FCC cable TV website: Program Content Regulations | FCC.gov
Q: Does the FCC regulate the content of cable programming?

A: Cable television system operators generally make their own selection of channels and programs to be distributed to subscribers in response to consumer demands. The Commission does, however, have rules in some areas that are applicable to programming -- called "origination cablecasting" in the rules -- that are subject to the editorial control of the cable system operator. The rules generally do not apply to the content of broadcast channels or to access channels over which the cable system operator has no editorial control.

Q: What is the "equal opportunities" rule of political cablecasting?

A: Once a cable system allows a legally qualified candidate to use its facilities (by identifiable voice or picture), it must give "equal opportunities" to all other legally qualified candidates for that office to use its facilities. The cable system can not censor the content of the candidate's material in any way, and can not discriminate between candidates in practices, regulations, facilities or services rendered pursuant to the equal opportunities rules.

Candidates must submit requests for equal opportunities to the cable system within one week after a rival candidate's first use of the cable system. If the person was not a legally qualified candidate at the time of the rival's first use, he or she may submit a request within one week of the rival's next use of the cable system after he or she becomes a legally qualified candidate.​
The above is just one aspect of the FCC's content control regulations. Visit the link to the FCC's website to see more.

For the record ... to tie this back to the OP ... the vote was 3 to 2, with all three Democrats voting in favor of regulating the internet as a utility.

Reactions: angelkiss
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The OP's would be a nice change of pace for you.
I trust I addressed the matter to your personal satisfaction in post #14 preceding.

If not, do let me know what you believe the topic of the OP is. :thumbsup:

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I trust I addressed the matter to your personal satisfaction in post #14 preceding.

If not, do let me know what you believe the topic of the OP is. :thumbsup:

The OP gave two links:
One had nothing to do with Net Neutrality, and the second had nothing to do with Net Neutrality. So, them OP did not bring up that topic. Your derailment did.

The First had to do with the freedom that members of Congress have to attend or not attend political meetings. The Second was an oft-repeated lie (or, more accurately, delusion) passed along by people that adorn themselves with aluminim outerwear.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An FCC approved provider current on their taxes, I mean fees.

If your a Democrat, they are taxes. If you are a Republican, they are fees.:cool:

Reactions: Faith.Man
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The OP gave two links:
One had nothing to do with Net Neutrality, and the second had nothing to do with Net Neutrality. So, them OP did not bring up that topic. Your derailment did.
It hardly seems to be a derailment when the author of the OP has chimed in on the subject as well. I merely related the matter of free speech to current internet shenanigans. It seems that the author of the OP found it of sufficient interest to voice a corresponding opinion on the subject as well.
The First had to do with the freedom that members of Congress have to attend or not attend political meetings. The Second was an oft-repeated lie (or, more accurately, delusion) passed along by people that adorn themselves with aluminim outerwear.
ROTFL ... while I understand the need your ideology has to control both the actions and posting content of everyone, especially when such postings are negative in regards to your favored ideology, do try to restrain yourself here. My post was both on-topic and was a sub-topic of some interest to the author of the OP. (Btw, I knew the latter from insider knowledge. ;) )

Last edited:
Reactions: Faith.Man
Upvote 0