Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So free within constraints and boundaries of given nature is what you mean?

--

Let's lay out the facts for this scenario, again making the assumption that our characters have free will, but man's will is really irrelevant in this scenario

1. God is the Creator of Bob
2. God knows all things that are going to happen in Bob's life, including that he is eventually going to go to hell
3. God is the Creator of Joe
4.God knows all things that are going to happen in Joe's life, including that he is eventually going to go to heaven

Why did He create Bob?

Romans 9:19-24 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory, even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Romans 9:19-24 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory, even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.

This! :amen:

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... Unless you're gonna tell me God didn't see it coming....
Not only did God see this coming, He had made the sacrifice of His own Son before it all started. It was not that the act of human society crucifying the Son of God had transpired, but that the sacrifice God had made was put forth before the foundation of the world.

What does that actually mean? That there is a "foundation" seems to imply a physycal structure, and many have seen that this means God did this before he laid the foundation of the Earth as a planet. Here is a list of other wayas the word is used. I'll concentrate on the uses where it is actually translated "world."
I. an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government

II. ornament, decoration, adornment, i.e. the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts', as the ornament of the heavens.
1 Pet. 3:3

III. the world, the universe

IV. the circle of the earth, the earth

V. the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family

VI. the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ

VII. world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly
A. the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ
VIII. any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort
A. the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews
(Rom. 11:12 etc)

If we take it to mean anything of the world other than a physical planet or universe (all contents of "outer space," we see that this could have taken place while Adam was in the Garden of Eden.

In any understandable sense, and provided a remedy before events required one.

Upvote 0

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... Why did He create Bob?
That it may be shown to all, not just people walking this Earth, but to the angels, and anyone else out there in the legal position of desrving to know, or deserving justice from God.

Romans 9
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You realize the "acceptance" that God is talking about is about a burnt offering and not salvation right? Let's keep a keen eye on the context, shall we? ;)

"Faith with out works is dead is what i believe." Amen! We see what Cain did right after God told him that!

Your thoughts on Proverbs 16:9, 16:33, and 20:24 please. Then tell me about "picking paths."

It is not just about the offering but about Salvation. It is in context

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

--

Let's lay out the facts for this scenario, again making the assumption that our characters have free will, but man's will is really irrelevant in this scenario

2. God knows all things that are going to happen in Bob's life, including that he is eventually going to go to hell
4.God knows all things that are going to happen in Joe's life, including that he is eventually going to go to heaven

Why did He create Bob?

with out Bob Joe would not have had a choice. with out evil there is only Good and no choice.

Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
with out Bob Joe would not have had a choice. with out evil there is only Good and no choice.

So no free will in heaven?

kWajWWo.gif

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avid

Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So Bob was created to give Joe a choice?
Bob was created so the choice Joe made (certainly not without the power & grace of God) and the richness of what God did for Joe would be known, and God would be praised. Also, God will be praised when His longsuffering toward Bob is shown for all to see.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
bob was create to choose his fate just like joe. bob was allowed to be evil so joe could have a choice. other wise God would just end him there and then.

choosing fate seems like a contradiction in terms. Can you elaborate please sir?

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

--

Why did He create Bob?
He created Bob in order to put on display the wonder that He has mercy on Joe. Bob and Joe are the same. They are vessels for God's use and purpose. Both Bob and Joe are deserving of the wrath of God and His destruction. Joe is the vessel that is least deserving to be put on display for he is flawed and cracked and ugly. Bob is, as far as all looking, the vessel more worthy of putting on display. Yet God, in sovereign mercy and wisdom, sets up Joe as an object of His love. All who look wonder why He lifts up Joe and leaves Bob in the place of dishonor. It is because by both He is seen to be Sovereign Lord and His mercy is seen to extend to the least deserving.

When a jeweler wants to display the beauty of a diamond he puts it on a black background. Why? Because the black background makes the beauty shine all the more brightly. Even a flawed diamond shines against the background when it has been polished by the hand of a master.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
choosing fate seems like a contradiction in terms. Can you elaborate please sir?

He has a chance to chose Good, he picks who will rule him default is satan so making no choice at all is still making a choice. God know who will come but He still calls to those who will not to give them every chance. those who will notr come God still uses for other things, but they are allowed to be so other can come.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
He created Bob in order to put on display the wonder that He has mercy on Joe. Bob and Joe are the same. They are vessels for God's use and purpose. Both Bob and Joe are deserving of the wrath of God and His destruction. Joe is the vessel that is least deserving to be put on display for he is flawed and cracked and ugly. Bob is, as far as all looking, the vessel more worthy of putting on display. Yet God, in sovereign mercy and wisdom, sets up Joe as an object of His love. All who look wonder why He lifts up Joe and leaves Bob in the place of dishonor. It is because by both He is seen to be Sovereign Lord and His mercy is seen to extend to the least deserving.

When a jeweler wants to display the beauty of a diamond he puts it on a black background. Why? Because the black background makes the beauty shine all the more brightly. Even a flawed diamond shines against the background when it has been polished by the hand of a master.

If understand what you are saying, God purposely creates evil to magnify good.

It seems to be a simpler conclusion to give man free will even though God may know the out come.

By this view we do not see God as unstable creating good and evil with the purpose of evil in his actions of cruelty.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If understand what you are saying, God purposely creates evil to magnify good.

It seems to be a simpler conclusion to give man free will even though God may know the out come.

By this view we do not see God as unstable creating good and evil with the purpose of evil in his actions of cruelty.

That isn't what I said at all. God created both Joe and Bob. Both are bad because of the flawed material they are made of. He uses Bob to show the greatness of His mercy to Joe. God didn't create evil He purposed it.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
That isn't what I said at all. God created both Joe and Bob. Both are bad because of the flawed material they are made of. He uses Bob to show the greatness of His mercy to Joe. God didn't create evil He purposed it.

We can agree God did not make either flawed.

Yet he allowed their ability to become flawed.

Upvote 0