Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Canada has a Military ??? ;)

Guard_Dog.jpg

Beat me to it.

We do. And of all America's allies in Iraq and Afghanistan only the UK has sustained higher casualties. 116 soldiers and counting. And why? Because our closest friend and ally was attacked on 9/11 so we went to war without hesitation.

But yes, let's all laugh at Canada. I want to like the US, I really do, but sometimes you make it really hard.

Reactions: SallyNow
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Notice me not laughing.
Come on Avatar, its all in fun, dontcha see? Apparently you just have no sense of humor.... :doh:

(the comment above was sarcasm, not intended to insult)

That is what is going on all the time within the conservative community in America, insult others then claim that it was just humor. I find the Fox piece repulsive. They even went as far as questioning Leslie's manhood based on his name. Now you get a taste of why some of us were angry when Bush "joked" about not finding WMD's, or when republican Mayors send out emails of the White House lawn filled with watermelon gardens. Their jokes are always at the expense of others.

Upvote 0

SpaceProg

Renegade Time Lord
Jan 27, 2004
Here and there. Mostly there.
✟10,195.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Politics
US-Others
Which is better? Being joked at being a country without a military, or being joked (sometimes only half jokingly) about being the biggest warmongers on the face of the planet?

Anywho, I thought that even Canada herself joked about her military.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
With as much crap as the U.S. has taken in the past few years, notice no one there caring if you laugh or not.

And that's why you're so universally loved. You don't even care about your friends who are dying for you. Nice.

Upvote 0

Rotator

Shhhhhh.....
Dec 30, 2006
✟1,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And that's why you're so universally loved. You don't even care about your friends who are dying for you. Nice.
See.....that's where you're wrong. We do care about people who have joined in the war on terror, and lost their lives. But to care about someone with their nose out of joint on a message board? Nah....life's too short. Man, it sure is nice on the island today......another beer please.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
See.....that's where you're wrong. We do care about people who have joined in the war on terror, and lost their lives.

Now that's all you needed to say. Somehow you just couldn't bring yourself to though, except as part of an attack.

But to care about someone with their nose out of joint on a message board? Nah....life's too short. Man, it sure is nice on the island today......another beer please.

I could care less if you care about me. I'm not what this thread is about.

It's not only me that's not lauging you should see the media play this has gotten up here. Sure it's a 'comedy' show on a news network but we have to wonder who would laugh at the supposed jokes. Is it simple ignorance? Is it callousness? Is it arrogance and smug superiority? Who finds this comedy funny?

Nobody up here. But what do you care, have another beer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Drekkan85

Immortal until proven otherwise
Dec 9, 2008
Japan
✟23,051.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
I'm with Avatar on this one. Canada not only has a military, it volunteered to take the most dangerous Southern regions of Afghanistan partly because no one was willing to do so (heck, the Germans won't even deploy at night). Canada's repeatedly re-upped commitments to Afghanistan even as European Allies equivocate on the issue.

I'm not angry, it's just factually inaccurate in the extreme. Hence, it stops being funny. Political humour is only funny (to me) if it contains within it the reality of the situation.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is it really that hurtful? I thought Canada made fun of herself a great deal. Most Canucks I know joke that Canada's military is made up of men in fuzzy hats on mooseback, and a beaver-in-canoe Navy.

Nobody I know of jokes about our commitment in Afghanistan. That would be laughing at an awful lot of graves.

Upvote 0

Rotator

Shhhhhh.....
Dec 30, 2006
✟1,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Look, I have nothing against Canada. It's a nice country. I've been there a couple of times. But when someone in the US is indignant about tasteless jokes, they're told by some foreigners to relax. It was a bunch of third rate talking heads filling air time. Seriously it's not worth the the effort expended in this thread. Let it die.

Upvote 0

SpaceProg

Renegade Time Lord
Jan 27, 2004
Here and there. Mostly there.
✟10,195.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Politics
US-Others
Indeed. Red Eye isn't really worth getting worked up about. You could write Gutfeld a strongly-worded letter, and he may read it on air, all the while suggesting you and he do strange things together.
Nobody on that show takes ANYTHING seriously.

Upvote 0