Founder/Nat.Dir. Clyde Bellecourt of AIM Asks Sanders: Will He Honor Treaties w/Native People?

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was weak. However, apparently Sanders was off to another public appearance.That's why the host was trying to hurry Clyde to ask his question so Sanders would have more time to respond.

Someone should ask Sanders the same question next public meeting and when there is plenty of time for an answer. I'd like to see how he handles that.

Reactions: pakicetus
Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It was weak. However, apparently Sanders was off to another public appearance.That's why the host was trying to hurry Clyde to ask his question so Sanders would have more time to respond.

Someone should ask Sanders the same question next public meeting and when there is plenty of time for an answer. I'd like to see how he handles that.
I would be interested as well, the treatment of Native Americans since the incorporation of the United States has been nothing less than reprehensible.

Upvote 0

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Last edited:
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There needs to be a correction in the OP title. Clyde Bellecourt is one of the founders of the American Indian Movement or known as AIM.

AIM Leader Clyde Bellecourt Confronts Bernie Sanders on American Indian Treaties

Thanks for that article. I noticed it quoted the Senator as saying:

“I will do everything I can to redress that,” said Sanders.

I think it's also worthy of mentioning that Sen. Sanders introduced legislation last November to repeal the last minute land swap deal inserted unexpectedly into the must-pass National Defense Authorization Act of 2015 by Arizona senators John McCain and Jeff Flake. This under handed maneuver gave away National Forest land sacred to the San Carlos Apaches to a foreign multi-national mining corporation.

http://tucson.com/news/local/superi...cle_edc84b51-dfab-5932-b4f7-8525df9518fc.html

Mine opponents have little hope of the legislation’s passage in the Republican-controlled Congress.

Upvote 0

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Thanks for that article. I noticed it quoted the Senator as saying:

“I will do everything I can to redress that,” said Sanders.

A non-answer, as usual. I hope he is cornered again and asked that question again. I hope all the presidential candidates are cornered and asked that question.

I think it's also worthy of mentioning that Sen. Sanders introduced legislation last November to repeal the last minute land swap deal inserted unexpectedly into the must-pass National Defense Authorization Act of 2015 by Arizona senators John McCain and Jeff Flake. This under handed maneuver gave away National Forest land sacred to the San Carlos Apaches to a foreign multi-national mining corporation.

http://tucson.com/news/local/superi...cle_edc84b51-dfab-5932-b4f7-8525df9518fc.html

I still laugh when I watch the video of McCain being chased off that Navajo Rez last summer. Ha ha ha....

And I knew about Sanders and the situation with McCain and Flake wanting to steal more NDN land.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've been visiting a lot of these places lately, the black hills, grand canyon etc. They are breathtaking. We have so much other land we can still use, do we really need to plunder national treasures that are also sacred to the indigenous people?

Upvote 0