Fornication and Salvation

ja38son

Apr 9, 2011
✟7,715.00
Faith
Christian
There are many things that Jason can do to prevent himself from ever committing fornication again. It's a matter of giving up some things and compromising some other things.

Yeeeeep, I have to give up the fornication part I gather. I aslo have to give up sex before marriage. Ummmm also until I get married....I can't have sex. :)

Upvote 0

CoconutPrincess

God is the Father and Jesus is His son.
Apr 7, 2011
Canada
✟708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeeeeep, I have to give up the fornication part I gather. I aslo have to give up sex before marriage. Ummmm also until I get married....I can't have sex. :)

Yes and maybe date within some guidelines that some mentioned. Get into a men's group or something at church where you can be accountable. You can overcome Jason, it's going to take some work, but Christ will give you the strength to do it. :)

Upvote 0
Mar 17, 2011
Indiana
✟7,715.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is it possible to love God and be rejected by God? lol, "Just Happened" I'll go further and say it was my fault all the way, but I didn't force myself on the girl by any means. The female posters here think even though the woman asked for sex that somhow it was never the womans fault. In their minds I am a wolf and that women only have pre marital sex because of love. But yea I had sex, it was my fault and I liked it. Sex feels good and everyone knows that.

I feel like I need to be open and respond here... sigh. I had struggled horribly with sex addiction. I was "saved" when i was about 14 or so, had my first boyfriend when i was 15 lost my virginity, and even since then up until 7 months ago, was considering myself as a "freebird" a sexual hippy, and open spirit, believed in sexual freedom, free love etc.

I basically still believed there was a God, but i did not search after him. i prayed, but did not live to please him.

I honestly did not think i had a problem, i just thought i was very open minded and this is what the new day and age is bringing to be acceptable.

so i lived for about 14 years, doing as i pleased. until last sept. i broke down, and was not aware of what i was doign anymore.

i remember crying and praying to God, telling Him how i thought about sex, and asked him "am i really wrong" this is the only thing i knew about myself. the only thing i really cared to explore.

since then, my views have changed immensly. I never thought about waiting until marriage before, but now, it is the biggest thing on my mind.

i know that i want a Godly husband to please, i want to know what it is like to KNOW that someone loves me, and not my body, or sexual appetite etc.

and i did fall, but i got right back up. when i fell, it was almost the most non gratifying thing i had experienced.

i want to be looked at and loved for myself, and my relatinship with God, he still continues to help me.

Just 2 weeks ago i was tempted, someone called me and wanted to go out after a meeting. then the conversation got more detailed, and this person talked about some things that he would like to do. i was uncomfortable, and i told him, "we have discussed where i am at in my focus on God right now, i dont find it appropriate for me"
he then told me the desires are a NEED, they are not purely a WANT. that my soul NEEDS THIS.

after hanging up i felt so awkward and didnt even want to pray about it, but later that evening i did. told God all my feelings, and how i almost even came to justify even possibly going this route.

then i turned in my bible, and opened to galations. started reading, and it was incredible. who was i trying to please? man or God? i knew my answer.

and even then i looked up and thanked him, and said I know now that I will not be going to this after party... but what about before hand? i dont know what to do... and he provided a way out... my best friend just so happened to need me to be with her.

when we are tempted there is always a way out. He says so. :)

Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

CoconutPrincess

God is the Father and Jesus is His son.
Apr 7, 2011
Canada
✟708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I need to be open and respond here... sigh. I had struggled horribly with sex addiction. I was "saved" when i was about 14 or so, had my first boyfriend when i was 15 lost my virginity, and even since then up until 7 months ago, was considering myself as a "freebird" a sexual hippy, and open spirit, believed in sexual freedom, free love etc.

I basically still believed there was a God, but i did not search after him. i prayed, but did not live to please him.

I honestly did not think i had a problem, i just thought i was very open minded and this is what the new day and age is bringing to be acceptable.

so i lived for about 14 years, doing as i pleased. until last sept. i broke down, and was not aware of what i was doign anymore.

i remember crying and praying to God, telling Him how i thought about sex, and asked him "am i really wrong" this is the only thing i knew about myself. the only thing i really cared to explore.

since then, my views have changed immensly. I never thought about waiting until marriage before, but now, it is the biggest thing on my mind.

i know that i want a Godly husband to please, i want to know what it is like to KNOW that someone loves me, and not my body, or sexual appetite etc.

and i did fall, but i got right back up. when i fell, it was almost the most non gratifying thing i had experienced.

i want to be looked at and loved for myself, and my relatinship with God, he still continues to help me.

Just 2 weeks ago i was tempted, someone called me and wanted to go out after a meeting. then the conversation got more detailed, and this person talked about some things that he would like to do. i was uncomfortable, and i told him, "we have discussed where i am at in my focus on God right now, i dont find it appropriate for me"

he then told me the desires are a NEED, they are not purely a WANT. that my soul NEEDS THIS.

after hanging up i felt so awkward and didnt even want to pray about it, but later that evening i did. told God all my feelings, and how i almost even came to justify even possibly going this route.

then i turned in my bible, and opened to galations. started reading, and it was incredible. who was i trying to please? man or God? i knew my answer.

and even then i looked up and thanked him, and said I know now that I will not be going to this after party... but what about before hand? i dont know what to do... and he provided a way out... my best friend just so happened to need me to be with her.

when we are tempted there is always a way out. He says so.
:)

--------------------------------------------------

God bless you for your honesty and praise God you resisted temptation through the power of the Holy Spirit! And yes, He always makes a way to escape... oh how faithful and wonderful our God is :)

Upvote 0

Forealzchola

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
California
✟23,254.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You are 38 and have never been in a serious relationship or something that will lead to marriage thats the problem right there and you just arent fornicating or getting caught up cuz you are in love someone...you are just being straight promiscuous...and you are around obviously not practicing christian women who would put you in check or dump you.

you need to find some supportive male christians that you can be accountable to.

Upvote 0

ja38son

Apr 9, 2011
✟7,715.00
Faith
Christian
You are 38 and have never been in a serious relationship or something that will lead to marriage thats the problem right there and you just arent fornicating or getting caught up cuz you are in love someone...you are just being straight promiscuous...and you are around obviously not practicing christian women who would put you in check or dump you.

you need to find some supportive male christians that you can be accountable to.

Mam, you have no idea who I am. Are you some kind of phrophet? Were you there when the foundations of the Earth were laid? Did you breathe the life into the dust which is us?

Perhaps I am a busy man. Perhaps I know due to my lack of time I would make a terrible father. Perhaps as a married man I would never be there for the baseball game of my would be son. Perhaps I would not be able to spend quallity time with my would be wife. Perhaps I already knew these things and feared the woes of divorce more than the temptations of life.

I do get the point however. Your answer to the question is...No I was never saved. That's all I needed to hear with a verse and explination. Your value judgements are insignificant and have no substance in reality.

Casts stones elsewhere will ya. thanks

Upvote 0

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I can think of promiscuous Christian women in my church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Forealzchola

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
California
✟23,254.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
And I wouldnt call them christian either lol. A tree bears their fruit..so if people are running around like jezebel then clearly thats what they are. Being in a garage doesnt make you a car unlike being in a church will make you a christian.

You believe that there is one God. That's fine! The demons also believe that, and they tremble with fear.- James 2:9

Last edited:
Upvote 0