Fornication and Salvation

ja38son

Apr 9, 2011
✟7,715.00
Faith
Christian
QUOTE: I'm a fornicator! I'm a fornicator that loves God. How is this possible?

Because your love for God is not the love that is described in the Bible. You love God based on what you believe loving God means (emotion), but by the Bible, loving God is not just emotion, it's obedience. That is how we show Him we truly love him.

Jesus said, "IF you love me, you will obey me"... so, do you really love him?

That is why we are to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. If we love Him this way, we will obey Him.

QUOTE: It's a sin I do not think I will overcome

You can overcome if you apply the Bible to your life and you do practical things like some of the suggestions I gave to you earlier.

QUOTE: One day a little hottie will start asking about me

Maybe start looking to date women who are beautiful on the inside, as the Bible says, who adorn themselves with a love for God. If you date women who love God with all their being, I doubt very much you will fall into sexual sin with them. Dating "hot" women who are not saved or are saved but also weak in sexual temptation is probably not something you should be doing.

You know what has to be done, so if you want to truly overcome and feel right with God, do what has to be done.

Let me ask you a related question. Do you really love God? Does anyone really love God. Is anyone totally obedient like you say? Did you sin today? Do we not all sin everyday? If not then why does the bible not say to work out our salvation daily? So I guess we are all dissobedient and according to your logic only love God on an emotional level and not a biblical level.
It's funny whenever I see Christians try to convince a non believer how easy salvation is. "All you have to do is BELIEVE!" They quote the strory of the man on the cross giving the sinful non beleiver hope that anyone can do this ......so they convert. Little do they know the struggles that lie before them. The person that once told them salvation was gift and that it could never be taken away is now told to stop their besetting sins or be rejectect from the God that gave them that gift. It's not so easy anymore is it?
I don't have time to date anymore. I'm working between these short post. lol guess I'm cured for now. If I do date it going to be a hotte. I don't date not athletic types because I expect them to jog with me on the weekends. That's a hobby of mine and coutch potatoes would not relate to my lifestyle. This is why I date "little hottes", its a result of ther lifestyle in the fitness world. Musicians usually hang with other musicains, boxers with boxers, couch potatoes with couch potatoes. I like to jog and exercise so naturally I end up with these types since you were interested in that topic of my personal taste.

Upvote 0

ja38son

Apr 9, 2011
✟7,715.00
Faith
Christian
Well this brings another topic. If we sin daly the what's worse, the daly sins, or the twice a year fornication. Is fornication just a sin? Or is it greater than all the other daily sins? My understanding is that sin is sin. God only sees sin and not the type of sin. Daily repentence covers what God sees. I've heard this logic tought in studies. What say you posters?

Upvote 0

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jason, Pay close attention to your thoughts and take them captive as scripture suggests making them obedient. God wants you to see yourself through His eyes. Do you accept the blood of Jesus as being sufficient for your sin?

If you do then the Father sees you as Holy and Blameless. Remember when Jesus healed people. He usually told them to go and sin no more. He knew there was a root to their sin or else he wouldn't have told them this. I think there is a root to why you are drawn back to these type of women. Think about the women in your family and if you have ever judged them or girls from school. Jesus said that we shouldn't judge or we would be judged by the same measure. This is a spiritual law. Ask the Holy Spirit to bring to your mind anything that may be related to the struggle you are in right now. He may bring back a memory. Try to remember judgments or thoughts about that person.

My mama always taught me that it takes two to Tango. I don't think you are a wolf. Frankly, many women these days lure men in and deceive them with they way they dress and body language. They know just how to operate.

Remember to flee from women like this. You are not trapped and it would not be rude to leave this situation. Joseph the son of Israel left in a hurry when he was pursued by Potipher's wife.

Also, inappropriate content is something that would be detrimental to a Christian's walk. I am not accusing you. It may not even be an issue. It will hurt your relationship with God in the end.

I'll pray for you - I really mean it. Be careful about a group judgment of ALL women. We are not all alike

Upvote 0

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, my husband really struggled with lust and inappropriate content for many years. He finally came to a point of surrender and knew God could heal this thing. God did deliver Him and our marriage improved a great deal. But , the damage the enemy did to our relationship all those years...The enemy is really out to kill, steal and destroy. Praise be to God that He is still restoring it all. We are both growing and healing together. It had an impact on our children as well - not directly. But when we, as Christians, open the door to the enemy he will stop at nothing!

I prayed for you.

I have a question- Was your mother controlling?

Upvote 0

ja38son

Apr 9, 2011
✟7,715.00
Faith
Christian
Jason, Pay close attention to your thoughts and take them captive as scripture suggests making them obedient. God wants you to see yourself through His eyes. Do you accept the blood of Jesus as being sufficient for your sin?

If you do then the Father sees you as Holy and Blameless. Remember when Jesus healed people. He usually told them to go and sin no more. He knew there was a root to their sin or else he wouldn't have told them this. I think there is a root to why you are drawn back to these type of women. Think about the women in your family and if you have ever judged them or girls from school. Jesus said that we shouldn't judge or we would be judged by the same measure. This is a spiritual law. Ask the Holy Spirit to bring to your mind anything that may be related to the struggle you are in right now. He may bring back a memory. Try to remember judgments or thoughts about that person.

My mama always taught me that it takes two to Tango. I don't think you are a wolf. Frankly, many women these days lure men in and deceive them with they way they dress and body language. They know just how to operate.

Remember to flee from women like this. You are not trapped and it would not be rude to leave this situation. Joseph the son of Israel left in a hurry when he was pursued by Potipher's wife.

Also, inappropriate content is something that would be detrimental to a Christian's walk. I am not accusing you. It may not even be an issue. It will hurt your relationship with God in the end.

I'll pray for you - I really mean it. Be careful about a group judgment of ALL women. We are not all alike

lol, No I'm not judging all the women. Just making a comment about the posters here that said their lust of me was somehow my fault. lol

The root of my problem is. Pleasure obviously. Sex is awesome. lol, I don't need couceling to realize this selfish behavior. It's like alcohol, heroin, or any addiction. I know alcoholics that love God by the way. I have a different problem. I'm sure God has a way of helping me overcome this but in reallity I have to say no. This is hard. I love God and ask him to change me. Right now I am not sexually active but I know if the opportunity finds me I might tango. I know my drive and when the on button is pushed im toast. lol
I refuse to believe what the other woman said about me not truly loving God. She equates my problem with not being obedient and therefor not loving God. She does not know the breadth of my thoughts. I posted this thread because I love God yet fall to lust. I struggle with the passage that says fornicators will not enter the kingdom of heaven. I know what it says and it speaks to me heavly. I know I will fail again even though right now I am not sexually active. Like I say, oppurtuniteis just happen and I don't alway go looking for it like some here suggest. To give them credit however, I have gone looking for it at times. lol whenever I go looking for it I never get "lucky". It happens when and with those I least expect it. I'm a mess. go ahead and laugh. lol

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe it's as simple as getting into a group where you can be transparent and accountable. You know this behavior is wrong, yet you foresee allowing yourself to fall into the "near occasion of sin" - going out on dates that you probably know will end up a problem.

That's a crucial distinction. We all have our points where our defenses can be overwhelmed, but a healthy person will either sense those points getting too close and draw lines or run away, or will seek help from others who are not weak in the same area. You seem to be off on your own, and easy pickings for the devil.

I'm not going to say this to abrogate your responsibility, but to point to a possible solution. I lament the fact that the church has gotten away from its intimate NT design. Back then Christians ate together, practically lived together. They shared problems and victories, and took part in each other's lives in a very real way. Young people didn't have to date in order to have companionship. Everything revolved around the families. How many bad marriages, how many unplanned pregnancies, diseases, and heartbreaks and broken dreams do you think we could have prevented had the church been functioning the way it was ordained to, instead of leaving kids to fend for themselves?

Do you have good fellowship? You obviously want to do what's right, or you wouldn't be posting here. You need help, man. Read my first post, above. The warnings still stand. This is serious business, and you're playing with a loaded gun.

BTW, you say the sex is great. I would die of embarrassment after the passions subsided if I were not in love and in covenant union with the woman. I frankly do not know how such a one looks at himself in the mirror. As the Bible says, this really is a "great evil" (Gen 39.9). I wish you well on this. It is no small matter.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jason, in the sense of our need for forgiveness and a Savior, any sin not resolved by Christ will keep you out of heaven. One doesn't have to be a murderer to need God's mercy, because God's standard, which is an extension of His character, which he cannot violate, is perfection.

But in another sense, not all sin is equally serious. I can take an extra cookie. It's not right, it's not good for me, but unless it gets out of hand it's probably not worth getting upset over. But there are more serious sins that we cannot commit without doing injury to our souls. Paul warns us that the sexual sins are up there:

Run from sexual immorality! “Every sin a person can commit is outside the body.” On the contrary, the person who is sexually immoral sins against his own body. 1Cor 6.19​

John explains how to deal with varying levels of sin:

If anyone sees his brother committing a sin that does not bring death, he should ask, and God will give life to him — to those who commit sin that doesn’t bring death. There is sin that brings death. I am not saying he should pray about that.
All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin that does not bring death. -1John 5:16-17​

John is implying that the sins that bring death we should not [merely] pray about, we need to ACT on, lest a soul go off to an eternity without Christ.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm a fornicator! I'm a fornicator that loves God. How is this possible?

How would it not be possible? We all sin, and we will always sin, this is my take on this. I don't mean to use it as an excuse. I am a sinner myself and I regularly do things I am not proud of, every day. It doesn't mean I don't wish to better myself, but committing a sin that does not hurt anyone has always been in the gray area for me. Things that bother me, my "problem sins", are mostly about lying, benzo addiction, not helping when someone needs help, forgiving other people etc. So I try to be more understanding, forgiving and helpful person even if I fail at it some of the time. Still, I know I am sinner whatever I do, so I just try to be a good person. I once had a phase when I would see sin everywhere to the point I had to live in fear, doubt and confusion while "normal life" slipped away from me. Not anymore.

Sex outside of marriage is something I've never had a problem with. I've only had sex in relationships (not married), but I've had it a lot. Thus I am a fornicator myself. Nevertheless, nobody has been hurt. I've enjoyed sex and so have the women. This does not make me different from you, because even though you've had casual sex and I've been in relationships, the sex has mostly based on lust at the time. Even if I loved these people, it has not been that movie-like romantic lovemaking, just lusty sex. It felt good and no harm done.

You on the other hand seem to have a problem with having sex outside of marriage, yet at the same time not having a problem with it. I think in time you will get your "answer", and it should be an answer from your heart, something you can really believe and trust in. When I am lost (usually am) and read the Bible, I sometimes pray that God would lead me to something. And nearly every time it's the verses about love, forgiveness, humbliness (is that a word?) and mercy that give me THE feeling.

I do all kinds of things that are sins, some probably sins, sometimes I don't know. Sometimes I pray guidance, and ask forgiveness for everything because I know that I sin daily. I am human and rely only on mercy. Honesty is one of those things I've been working on, and this is me being honest: I've had a lot of sex outside of marriage (meaning premarital sex), and I will do it in the future too - and I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong. If you feel you want to stop having premarital sex, I don't mean in any way to encourage you acting against your belief. When I feel I'm doing something wrong, I pray for guidance and try to read the Bible with my heart, and try to listen to my conscience.

Hope I made some sense, english is not my first language. Take care man!

Upvote 0

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember you have armor according to Ephesians 6. Use it brother. Fight the thoughts of lust with the sword of the spirit. You are not defeated. Take up the shield, the sword and the helmet. You are a warrior and it is time to get in the battle and fight for yourself. Take action and get freedom so you can fulfill God's call on your life. You can do it with Jesus fighting with you. He paved the way to freedom - it's yours.

Upvote 0

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How would it not be possible? We all sin, and we will always sin, this is my take on this. I don't mean to use it as an excuse. I am a sinner myself and I regularly do things I am not proud of, every day. It doesn't mean I don't wish to better myself, but committing a sin that does not hurt anyone has always been in the gray area for me. Things that bother me, my "problem sins", are mostly about lying, benzo addiction, not helping when someone needs help, forgiving other people etc. So I try to be more understanding, forgiving and helpful person even if I fail at it some of the time. Still, I know I am sinner whatever I do, so I just try to be a good person. I once had a phase when I would see sin everywhere to the point I had to live in fear, doubt and confusion while "normal life" slipped away from me. Not anymore.

Sex outside of marriage is something I've never had a problem with. I've only had sex in relationships (not married), but I've had it a lot. Thus I am a fornicator myself. Nevertheless, nobody has been hurt. I've enjoyed sex and so have the women. This does not make me different from you, because even though you've had casual sex and I've been in relationships, the sex has mostly based on lust at the time. Even if I loved these people, it has not been that movie-like romantic lovemaking, just lusty sex. It felt good and no harm done.

You on the other hand seem to have a problem with having sex outside of marriage, yet at the same time not having a problem with it. I think in time you will get your "answer", and it should be an answer from your heart, something you can really believe and trust in. When I am lost (usually am) and read the Bible, I sometimes pray that God would lead me to something. And nearly every time it's the verses about love, forgiveness, humbliness (is that a word?) and mercy that give me THE feeling.

I do all kinds of things that are sins, some probably sins, sometimes I don't know. Sometimes I pray guidance, and ask forgiveness for everything because I know that I sin daily. I am human and rely only on mercy. Honesty is one of those things I've been working on, and this is me being honest: I've had a lot of sex outside of marriage (meaning premarital sex), and I will do it in the future too - and I don't feel I'm doing anything wrong. If you feel you want to stop having premarital sex, I don't mean in any way to encourage you acting against your belief. When I feel I'm doing something wrong, I pray for guidance and try to read the Bible with my heart, and try to listen to my conscience.

Hope I made some sense, english is not my first language. Take care man!

What???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ja38son

Apr 9, 2011
✟7,715.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe it's as simple as getting into a group where you can be transparent and accountable. You know this behavior is wrong, yet you foresee allowing yourself to fall into the "near occasion of sin" - going out on dates that you probably know will end up a problem.

That's a crucial distinction. We all have our points where our defenses can be overwhelmed, but a healthy person will either sense those points getting too close and draw lines or run away, or will seek help from others who are not weak in the same area. You seem to be off on your own, and easy pickings for the devil.

I'm not going to say this to abrogate your responsibility, but to point to a possible solution. I lament the fact that the church has gotten away from its intimate NT design. Back then Christians ate together, practically lived together. They shared problems and victories, and took part in each other's lives in a very real way. Young people didn't have to date in order to have companionship. Everything revolved around the families. How many bad marriages, how many unplanned pregnancies, diseases, and heartbreaks and broken dreams do you think we could have prevented had the church been functioning the way it was ordained to, instead of leaving kids to fend for themselves?

Do you have good fellowship? You obviously want to do what's right, or you wouldn't be posting here. You need help, man. Read my first post, above. The warnings still stand. This is serious business, and you're playing with a loaded gun.

BTW, you say the sex is great. I would die of embarrassment after the passions subsided if I were not in love and in covenant union with the woman. I frankly do not know how such a one looks at himself in the mirror. As the Bible says, this really is a "great evil" (Gen 39.9). I wish you well on this. It is no small matter.

lol, Well that's because you are so good and in comparison I am so bad. That last little line has caused me to realize that. You obviously are the better man than me. I mean think about it. You are married and have sex with your wife whom you love. I'm not married and have had sex as I stated earlier. lol, But just to clarify things let it be known that I should be ashamed again on this post. Yes I should die of embarrassment and as you say, I should be ashmed to even look in the mirror. Now that you have your chastisement fix taken care of you can go to bed now. The world knows how holy you are and I applaud you. You are a really good neato Christian.
Seriously, I was reading intently until that last little spat of value judgement.

Upvote 0

ja38son

Apr 9, 2011
✟7,715.00
Faith
Christian
Well folks, thanks for the scriptures. You've saved me some time from having to search these topics on my own. There is a lot of material on this. Some sins are indeed greater than others. This topic also blows the theory of once saved always saved. lol, something I read said even if you are married not to lust after your own wife! Oh my gosh I would so lust after my wife if I were married. lol I would be lusting out of love. ha.
Basically I have learned.....Don't do it anymore. Quit, dont do it, the end, go away, no more sex. I already knew that but needed some ammo. God divorced the nation of Israel over spiritual fornication so yea this has spiritual connections as well in a phrophetic sense.
I think I make myself out to be some kind of ladies man on this thread. lol the truth is as I do get older opportunities are fading. I'm not as pretty as I used to be. This is a good thing. I cant see myself dealing with this issue into my 90's. Until then I have to just stop. Easy, just stop. Wow stop. The end..

Upvote 0

CoconutPrincess

God is the Father and Jesus is His son.
Apr 7, 2011
Canada
✟708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
QUOTE: Do you really love God? Does anyone really love God.

Yes I do really love God. Many Christians really love God. Paul, Peter, James, John, etc. all really loved God. They could live in obedience to Christ, so why can't you or any other Christian? They were human just like us.

QUOTE: Is anyone totally obedient like you say? Did you sin today? Do we not all sin everyday?

Yes I did sin today. God knows we will never be able to be totally obedient, but that is the goal. We may never reach it in this life time, but we run the race aiming to win. There is a HUGE difference between committing fornication and being a fornicator, which you have admitted you are.

QUOTE: So I guess we are all dissobedient and according to your logic only love God on an emotional level and not a biblical level.

I didn't say anything about "all" I said you. I'm sorry if it seems cold, I'm not trying to be, but as I said earlier, you have admitted to being a fornicator and then you have quoted scripture yourself that says fornicators will not go to Heaven, yet you are getting offended. As I said, huge difference between committing fornication and BEING a forincator.

QUOTE: The person that once told them salvation was gift and that it could never be taken away is now told to stop their besetting sins or be rejectect from the God that gave them that gift. It's not so easy anymore is it?

Yes, once saved always saved, the free gift of salvation, can never be taken away from the true Christian. How did James say we can see if someone is saved or not? How do we SEE faith? We can't see faith, so we show we have faith by how we live. True saving faith results in a changed life.

QUOTE: If I do date it going to be a hotte. I don't date not athletic types because I expect them to jog with me on the weekends. That's a hobby of mine and coutch potatoes would not relate to my lifestyle.

Well, then I guess your hobby means more to you than the kind of woman God wants for you. The Bible is clear that men should be looking for women who love the Lord, not hotties who can jog on the weekends with you.

QUOTE: This is why I date "little hottes", its a result of ther lifestyle in the fitness world. Musicians usually hang with other musicains, boxers with boxers, couch potatoes with couch potatoes.

CHRISTIAN should hang with CHRISTIANS. You are FIRST a Christian before you are anything else!

As I said previously, you know what has to be done but you don't want to give up your sin and until you do, you will keep wondering if you're saved. DENY yourself and put CHRIST FIRST. That is real love for God.

Upvote 0

ja38son

Apr 9, 2011
✟7,715.00
Faith
Christian
Who told you I didn’t want to give up my sin? Why do you think I’m here learning?
Lol, Joggers can be Christians to you know. I would rather date or marry someone with similar interest, that’s all I meant there. There is nothing wrong with dating other joggers.

The term fornicator. Yes I have had sex. I am not having sex right now. I didn't have it yesterday. I did not have sex the day before yesterday, the day before that, the day before that, the day before that, the day before, that and I did not have sex the day before that. What day am I on? I like to think there is a pattern here. Ok a while back I did it once. But the day before that I didn't, and the day before that I didn’t, and the day before that I didn't. Then I slipped a year before that.
Now tonight I will not have sex. Probably not tomorrow either, or the day after that or the day after that. Even if I meet a woman it takes a while to get to that point so there is another couple of months without sex. So to clarify right NOW I am not a fornicator.
I know I call myself that but I don’t mean to say I do it on a weekly or monthly basis. I’m just trying to learn about fornication and salvation on this thread so I can be better informed on the topic and deal with this problem.
Now I like to sit here and say because I am a Christian that I will never ever have sex again but I have to be honest with myself here. I don't plan on getting into a relationship anymore but if I do I might just be tempted and fail. This is a sin and not a lifestyle for me. I’m just learning how to live my life like everyone else who is a Christian. You seem to imply that I am not a Christian because of my failures…… despite the fact I have been trying to change. That hurts when someone judges me like that.
The fornication verse I mentioned recently got my attention and I am seeking knowledge on the subject especially in light of the OSAS crowd. This verse flies in the face of that doctrine. You believe in Once saved always saved. Rather than providing encouragement for a learning Christian you say that I was never saved to begin with because I still wrestle with this sin. I am taking steps to correct this and yes it is understood in these forum that Christ is always first when dealing with issues.
The questions I asked you were meant to remind you that the bible says we sin daily. The “all” was meant to show we all sin, not just me. Since we all sin then we all are disobedient daily. That’s the point I am trying to convey.
I usually speak with a sense of humor, the way my language reads in these post can be taken wrong but I speak with a dorky type of tint so don’t think I am mad. Lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CoconutPrincess

God is the Father and Jesus is His son.
Apr 7, 2011
Canada
✟708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
QUOTE: The term fornicator. Yes I have had sex. I am not having sex right now. I didn't have it yesterday. I did not have sex the day before yesterday, the day before that, the day before that, the day before that, the day before, that and I did not have sex the day before that. What day am I on? I like to think there is a pattern here. Ok a while back I did it once. But the day before that I didn't, and the day before that I didn’t, and the day before that I didn't. Then I slipped a year before that. Now tonight I will not have sex. Probably not tomorrow either, or the day after that or the day after that. Even if I meet a woman it takes a while to get to that point so there is another couple of months without sex. So to clarify right NOW I am not a fornicator.

You said yourself that you have been having sex with women outside of marriage for 20 years. 20 years! Let me ask you, how long and how many times classifies someone as a fornicator?

QUOTE: Now I like to sit here and say because I am a Christian that I will never ever have sex again but I have to be honest with myself here. I don't plan on getting into a relationship anymore but if I do I might just be tempted and fail. This is a sin and not a lifestyle for me. I’m just learning how to live my life like everyone else who is a Christian. You seem to imply that I am not a Christian because of my failures…… despite the fact I have been trying to change. That hurts when someone judges me like that.

I'm not saying you're not a Christian, I'm telling you what the Bible says about TRUE Christians. If you are a true believer, then stop fornicating! I've said it over and over, you CAN stop if you take measures many have mentioned in this thread.

QUOTE: The fornication verse I mentioned recently got my attention and I am seeking knowledge on the subject especially in light of the OSAS crowd. This verse flies in the face of that doctrine. You believe in Once saved always saved. Rather than providing encouragement for a learning Christian you say that I was never saved to begin with because I still wrestle with this sin.

I never said you were not saved to begin with. You need to stop repeating yourself and trying to feel justified or receive justification from Christian in this forum. You are looking for a way to know that you are still saved even while you practice fornication. No true Christian on here is going to tell you that. There are no loop holes.

QUOTE: I am taking steps to correct this and yes it is understood in these forum that Christ is always first when dealing with issues.
The questions I asked you were meant to remind you that the bible says we sin daily. The “all” was meant to show we all sin, not just me. Since we all sin then we all are disobedient daily. That’s the point I am trying to convey.

Yes we do all sin daily, but a person who truly loves God is not going to put themselves in situations KNOWING its going to end up in sin.

There is nothing more I can say to you about this. You wanted answers and myself as well as others have told you what the Bible says. You know yourself what the Bible says. We've given you suggestions on what you can do to overcome this sin, yet you say you don't think you will ever overcome... do you want to overcome, truly? Because if you do, you will take to heart the suggestions and actually do them.

You are not fighting this from what I gather, you are giving in every time. Has there ever been a time that you have been in a situation leading to sex and you have stopped it and went home or asked the girl to leave? If you haven't, then you're not fighting against sin and if you have, then you know its possible to overcome.

Upvote 0

ja38son

Apr 9, 2011
✟7,715.00
Faith
Christian
QUOTE: The term fornicator. Yes I have had sex. I am not having sex right now. I didn't have it yesterday. I did not have sex the day before yesterday, the day before that, the day before that, the day before that, the day before, that and I did not have sex the day before that. What day am I on? I like to think there is a pattern here. Ok a while back I did it once. But the day before that I didn't, and the day before that I didn’t, and the day before that I didn't. Then I slipped a year before that. Now tonight I will not have sex. Probably not tomorrow either, or the day after that or the day after that. Even if I meet a woman it takes a while to get to that point so there is another couple of months without sex. So to clarify right NOW I am not a fornicator.

You said yourself that you have been having sex with women outside of marriage for 20 years. 20 years! Let me ask you, how long and how many times classifies someone as a fornicator?

QUOTE: Now I like to sit here and say because I am a Christian that I will never ever have sex again but I have to be honest with myself here. I don't plan on getting into a relationship anymore but if I do I might just be tempted and fail. This is a sin and not a lifestyle for me. I’m just learning how to live my life like everyone else who is a Christian. You seem to imply that I am not a Christian because of my failures…… despite the fact I have been trying to change. That hurts when someone judges me like that.

I'm not saying you're not a Christian, I'm telling you what the Bible says about TRUE Christians. If you are a true believer, then stop fornicating! I've said it over and over, you CAN stop if you take measures many have mentioned in this thread.

QUOTE: The fornication verse I mentioned recently got my attention and I am seeking knowledge on the subject especially in light of the OSAS crowd. This verse flies in the face of that doctrine. You believe in Once saved always saved. Rather than providing encouragement for a learning Christian you say that I was never saved to begin with because I still wrestle with this sin.

I never said you were not saved to begin with. You need to stop repeating yourself and trying to feel justified or receive justification from Christian in this forum. You are looking for a way to know that you are still saved even while you practice fornication. No true Christian on here is going to tell you that. There are no loop holes.

QUOTE: I am taking steps to correct this and yes it is understood in these forum that Christ is always first when dealing with issues.

Yes we do all sin daily, but a person who truly loves God is not going to put themselves in situations KNOWING its going to end up in sin.

There is nothing more I can say to you about this. You wanted answers and myself as well as others have told you what the Bible says. You know yourself what the Bible says. We've given you suggestions on what you can do to overcome this sin, yet you say you don't think you will ever overcome... do you want to overcome, truly? Because if you do, you will take to heart the suggestions and actually do them.

You are not fighting this from what I gather, you are giving in every time. Has there ever been a time that you have been in a situation leading to sex and you have stopped it and went home or asked the girl to leave? If you haven't, then you're not fighting against sin and if you have, then you know its possible to overcome.
LOL, i just started this thread yesterday silly. You don't seem to gather that I am just now taking serious steps to deal with this in light of a passage I read in scripture. It's going to take time. It's quite simple, all I have to do is stop having sex. Ta da!

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
lol, Well that's because you are so good and in comparison I am so bad. That last little line has caused me to realize that. You obviously are the better man than me. I mean think about it. You are married and have sex with your wife whom you love. I'm not married and have had sex as I stated earlier. lol, But just to clarify things let it be known that I should be ashamed again on this post. Yes I should die of embarrassment and as you say, I should be ashmed to even look in the mirror. Now that you have your chastisement fix taken care of you can go to bed now. The world knows how holy you are and I applaud you. You are a really good neato Christian.
Seriously, I was reading intently until that last little spat of value judgement.

Sorry you took it that way. It was not meant that way. I struggle with temptation as much as anyone. I have not been married now for a long time, and it does get lonely. I would have fallen myself a few times, but the Lord protected me when I would have failed. It just has to do with that "healthy" dynamic I alluded to earlier, where we need to see trouble before it hits us, whenever possible. Trust me, I cannot afford to judge anyone. It's too bad several posts of helpfulness can be negated by one misunderstanding, but that's a pitfall of the Internet.

Upvote 0