Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Janice Sevre-Duszynska, a peace and justice advocate who grew up in a Polish-American family on Milwaukee's south side, will seek to be ordained a priest in a Roman Catholic Womenpriests ceremony at 3 p.m. on Aug. 9 at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Lexington, Ky. Such ordinations, which are considered invalid by the Vatican, have been performed in recent years in North America and Europe by women bishops who claim that they were ordained to the episcopacy by anonymous male bishops in good standing with the church.

Sevre-Duszynska, 58, a grandmother of three and resident of Jessamine County, Ky., faces potential consequences. The Vatican issued a decree earlier this year saying that anyone trying to ordain a woman to the priesthood and any woman attempting to receive the ordination incur automatic excommunication -- a decree the Womenpriest movement does not recognize.

Continued- http://blogs.jsonline.com/faith/archive/2008/07/30/former-milwaukee-woman-risks-excommunication-to-seek-ordination.aspx

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's always sad when someone is cut off from the Body of Christ, however St. Paul says to purge the leaven from your midst so the whole lump isn't spoiled--and it seems of lately the leaven has simply decided to leave on its own...

Agreed--- it's a shame, but they're making their own choice on it. Too bad its a bad choice!

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why any woman would want to take on a role given to men by God is beyond me. There are good reasons for a man being the head, and scripture shows us this.

I just don't understand why a catholic woman would desire to be a priest.

If it was meant for women to be priests Jesus would of established it when he chose his 12.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is the old forbidden fruit syndrome. It's a result of the deadly sin of pride. This just goes to show that people today are still falling for the same old temptation that Satan used on Adam and Eve. Some things haven't changed. The religion of these women is not the same religion as that of the Pope.

Why is the Catholic Church the only one ever attacked for having all male celibate priests when Buddhists have all male monks and priests who are celibate?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is the old forbidden fruit syndrome. It's a result of the deadly sin of pride. This just goes to show that people today are still falling for the same old temptation that Satan used on Adam and Eve. Some things haven't changed. The religion of these women is not the same religion as that of the Pope.

Why is the Catholic Church the only one ever attacked for having all male celibate priests when Buddhists have all male monks and priests who are celibate?

Buddhist monks can practice sex. It optional. Also, there are female monks. Its ideal in the religion to seperate one's self from the ego & needs of the flesh it depends on what degree the monk wants to go to keep from coming back reincarnated into this world.

Buddism is considered cool & exotic here in the west & most do not know they frown considerably on homosexuality. But I think if I remember correctly that its pretty much the same as the RCC... you can have the orientation but acting on it is not something a buddhist should do.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Chiesa (chiesa.espresso.repubblica.it)

According to Catholic Teaching, ordinations of women are invalid and those who attempt them are excommunicated. Yet, over fifty women claim to have been "ordained".

ROMA (Chiesa) -
The ordination of women to the priesthood and the episcopate is a question that divides the Anglican Communion down the middle, as shown by the Lambeth Conference that concluded yesterday.

But the question is also present in the Church of Rome, although to a decidedly lesser extent.

The proof is in two recent countermeasures adopted by the Catholic hierarchy.

The first is a decree issued by the congregation for the doctrine of the faith "regarding the delict of attempted sacred ordination of a woman."

The second is the interdiction ordered by the archbishop of Saint Louis, Raymond Leo Burke, against a sister of his diocese, Louise Lears, found guilty of assisting and supporting the ordination of two women to the priesthood.

Continued- http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=28812

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Buddhist monks can practice sex. It optional.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that there are some Buddhist monks or priests who take a vow of celibacy. If this is the case, it would be only be optional for those who didn't take a vow of celibacy.

Also, there are female monks.
On wikipedia, it says there are monks and nuns. So if there are female monks in Buddhism are there male nuns? Also, are there female priests in Buddhism?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that there are some Buddhist monks or priests who take a vow of celibacy. If this is the case, it would be only be optional for those who didn't take a vow of celibacy.
Never heard of a vow that could not be broken in Buddism. It all depends on what your goal is as far as reincarnation. Monks take periodic vows. But I've never actually heard or read of any vow to be permanant. Only because Buddihism is so fluid & impermanent in itself.

On wikipedia, it says there are monks and nuns. So if there are female monks in Buddhism are there male nuns? Also, are there female priests in Buddhism?[/size]
Never heard them called nuns. Only female monks. As far as I know there are no priests persay, only monks of different ranks. Priest is usually a term used to describe a monk inside the religion. (Evolved higher in the religion). The diversity of Buddhist traditions makes it difficult to generalize about Buddhist clergy. For instance, the Dalai Lama could be called the pope of Buddhism but he isn't. He is the head of the religion as they think he is the incarnation of Buddhist masters exempt from the wheel of death & rebirth. He can exert more influence. His role is wholly different than that of the pope in a religion that is wholly different than Christianity in general.

So while we can use those terms to make people outside the religion understand sort of... its still way off.

There are no definitives in Buddhism as a whole.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.