Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=290550

(My opinion: We must continually fight the enemy
and take up our crosses to get daily victory in our daily walk with God.)

A former homosexual has written a book directed at people still in the lifestyle to encourage them to change their orientation.

Ken Jackson lived the homosexual lifestyle for 20 years and knows how difficult change can be. "It's certainly a fight," he acknowledges, "but then...after awhile -- when you're not as rooted in the Word, as I've started to become now -- the enemy really picks up his attacks...."

And at one point during those attacks, says Jackson, he just gave up. " just surrendered to the enemy and just started living the lifestyle -- and that was it," he laments. "It just started spiraling from there."

It was quite a change when he left the lifestyle, considering the fact that he was a homosexual activist previously, even setting up group meetings to help homosexuals adjust to the lifestyle. "When you're on the battlefield and you're working for the enemy and then you turn sides, you realize the fight is a lot more intense than you thought," he shares.

But the battle is winnable -- and Jackson himself is proof. One of the keys, he says, is that a homosexual must die to self before dying to Christ.

"... [W]hen we give up and we turn to the [homosexual] lifestyle, a lot of times there's some selfishness there that we take on," he says, "and we don't care who we hurt when we go into the lifestyle -- because it's all about us."

Jackson was diagnosed with HIV 18 years ago, but through God's grace has stayed healthy, permitting him to be an advocate for change. His book is called Lost and Found: One Man's Journey from Sinner to Saint.

Thanks,
TT

• Winner
Reactions: salt-n-light

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
From: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=290550

(My opinion: We must continually fight the enemy
and take up our crosses to get daily victory in our daily walk with God.)

A former homosexual has written a book directed at people still in the lifestyle to encourage them to change their orientation.

Ken Jackson lived the homosexual lifestyle for 20 years and knows how difficult change can be. "It's certainly a fight," he acknowledges, "but then...after awhile -- when you're not as rooted in the Word, as I've started to become now -- the enemy really picks up his attacks...."

And at one point during those attacks, says Jackson, he just gave up. " just surrendered to the enemy and just started living the lifestyle -- and that was it," he laments. "It just started spiraling from there."

Sadly, this is what a lot of people encourage them to do.:cry:

It was quite a change when he left the lifestyle, considering the fact that he was a homosexual activist previously, even setting up group meetings to help homosexuals adjust to the lifestyle. "When you're on the battlefield and you're working for the enemy and then you turn sides, you realize the fight is a lot more intense than you thought," he shares.

But the battle is winnable -- and Jackson himself is proof. One of the keys, he says, is that a homosexual must die to self before dying to Christ.

HALLELUJAH!!!:clap:

"... [W]hen we give up and we turn to the [homosexual] lifestyle, a lot of times there's some selfishness there that we take on," he says, "and we don't care who we hurt when we go into the lifestyle -- because it's all about us."

Jackson was diagnosed with HIV 18 years ago, but through God's grace has stayed healthy, permitting him to be an advocate for change. His book is called Lost and Found: One Man's Journey from Sinner to Saint.

Thanks,
TT

Very good testimony. Sin can only be overcome when we are ready to let go of it. Folks remain in bondage to homosexual sin and sin period because we don't want to let the sin go.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is sad that a person has determined to deny their integrity due to religious conformity. A so-called "ex-gay" by proclaiming himself or herself as such commits an incredibly futile and meaningless gesture. Most, however, become "Ex-ex-gays".

Reactions: bluegill_04
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It is sad that a person has determined to deny their integrity due to religious conformity. ".

Ain't no integrity in doing that which is against Christ.

A so-called "ex-gay" by proclaiming himself or herself as such commits an incredibly futile and meaningless gesture. Most, however, become "Ex-ex-gays

18For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. 2 Peter 2:18-19

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ain't no integrity in doing that which is against Christ.

There is nothing whatsoever "against Christ" in expressions of LGBT love. Such honors Christ to the fullest in every way.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is there anything against Christ when two LGBTs engage in sex acts? Do these acts honor Christ?

When both are of lawful age and acting of their own consent, absolutely no and absolutely yes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Giving one example as a "proof" that a person can change sexual orientation is bad logic. It would be the same as saying "I saw a green apple once, therefore all apples are green". It just doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When both are of lawful age and acting of their own consent, absolute;ly no and absolutely yes.

So why don't you show the great unlearned where The Word of God endorses homosexual fornication or any fornication for that matter?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

D.W.Washburn

The Artist Formerly Known as RegularGuy
Mar 31, 2007
United States
✟17,408.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The cynic in me wants to start a pool on how long it will take before this guy is either caught in a compromising position with another man or renounces his book.

I won't do it though. I choose not to gamble.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The cynic in me wants to start a pool on how long it will take before this guy is either caught in a compromising position with another man or renounces his book.

I personally have always felt that it is an absolute shame the way that folks on here who say they love Jesus continue to want folks to remain in bondage to sin.

Yall like to talk about hate. Wanting someone to fail in their struggle because you think it helps your case that it's not a sin is the definition of hate.

Instead of praying that the man remains pure, some of yall are hoping that he do that which leads to death and destruction.

That is hate.
sad-smiley-066.gif

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So why don't you show the great unlearned where The Word of God endorses homosexual fornication or any fornication for that matter?

I believe "fornication" is a concept not based in reality. Ancient marriage customs have little bearing on our culture, and thankfully so. You won't find a Biblical endorsement of internet message boards either.;)

Society has progressed much since those bad old days in many ways.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm like you. I don't bet on "sure things" and this is pretty much one.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I personally have always felt that it is an absolute shame the way that folks on here who say they love Jesus continue to want folks to remain in bondage to sin.

Yall like to talk about hate. Wanting someone to fail in their struggle because you think it helps your case that it's not a sin is the definition of hate.

Instead of praying that the man remains pure, some of yall are hoping that he do that which leads to death and destruction.

That is hate.
sad-smiley-066.gif

There's no sin whatsoever in loving LGBT relationships.

There is a program called "Fundamentalists Anonymous" for those who escape from extreme religious beliefs, modeled after Alcoholics Anonymous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

D.W.Washburn

The Artist Formerly Known as RegularGuy
Mar 31, 2007
United States
✟17,408.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

That is hate.
sad-smiley-066.gif

Did you know that tigers have striped skin? You can actually shave off all of a tiger's fur and it will still have stripes. That's how it is with tigers. They are stripey all the way down. It's how God made them.

It would be hate to insist that a tiger repent of having stripes.

I'm not hoping that the man falls off the straight wagon. Not at all. I'm just saying that living in denial can only work for so long.

Upvote 0

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is nothing whatsoever "against Christ" in expressions of LGBT love. Such honors Christ to the fullest in every way.

Sex outside of marriage is sin and those who live in that lifestyle will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Jesus said that a man is to leave his mom and dad and cleave to his wife, not another man. It also goes for lesbians also.
It's simple, plain and clear.
Thanks,
TT

Reactions: Aldo Tekoa
Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sex outside of marriage is sin and those who live in that lifestyle will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Jesus said that a man is to leave his mom and dad and cleave to his wife, not another man. It also goes for lesbians also.
Thanks,
TT
So, it's "simple, plain and clear" that homosexual relationships are wrong just because Jesus didn't mention them? Well, I wonder what Jesus said about posting on the internet... :)

Upvote 0

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, it's "simple, plain and clear" that homosexual relationships are wrong just because Jesus didn't mention them? Well, I wonder what Jesus said about posting on the internet... :)

That's why God made 'man' and 'woman' to be together.
He didn't make Adam and Steve.

Paul the Apostle mentioned that having sex with the same sex is wrong.

There is nothing wrong with posting on the Internet.

Thanks,
TT

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's why God made 'man' and 'woman' to be together.
He didn't make Adam and Steve.
Then who did?

God made Adam, Eve, Steve, and BILLIONS of other people. :doh:

Upvote 0