Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

That it is the faith which baptism both requires and expresses that appropriates the washing of regeneration and is counted for righteousness is manifest in Scripture. For while this washing can be promised to those who repent and are baptized in name of the Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 2:38) this is because one who is so baptized is testifying to faith in this Lord Jesus, with baptism being a "sinner's prayer" in body language.

But in preaching to Cornelius and company, Peter's preaching teaches purifying of hearts by faith, "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. (Acts 10:43-44) Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?" (Acts 10:47)

"And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith." (Acts 15:7-9)

But as faith and works go together, salvation can be promised by both faith as well as if one will do what faith effects, so that "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:16) Baptism/calling upon/confessing the Lord Jesus is synonymous with believing, as the latter effects obedience, like as forgiveness effected healing of the palsied man, so that the Lord could say, Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? (Mark 2:9)

Since he who believes will be baptized, thus the promise of salvation can be given if one believes and baptized/confesses the Lord, though it is with the heart than man believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth (or body) confession is made as regards salvation. (Rm. 10:9-13)

Likewise "not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified," (Romans 2:13) not by the merit of works actually making one worthy to be with God, but because those who believe are those who seek that "the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 8:4)

In contrast to this is that of even a morally incognizant soul being born again and justified and made good enough to be with God by the very act of baptism itself. And in RCism this usually results in the same soul spending an indeterminate time in "purifying torments" until such once again becomes good enough to be with God (and atones for sins).

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The statement regarding why "most" Churches that are baptizing infants do so is over reaching. The Church has been doing so from the beginning.
"She was baptized, with her household" (Acts 16:15)
"he was baptized, with all his family"(Acts 16:33)
"I did baptize also the household of Stephanas" (1 Cor. 1:16)
“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is made to you and to your children"(Acts 2:38-39)

If Baptism washes away prior sin, and I agree it does, then it would do so regardless of age. The infant for a time may not sin willingly of their own but they still have the guilt carried by all mankind - our fallen nature. Could not the act of the parent having their child baptized have effect?

“For the unbelieving husband is consecrated through his (believing) wife, and the unbelieving wife is consecrated through her husband."(1 Cor 7:14)

What did Jesus say about the little children?
"Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 19:14)
"Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them; and when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to him, saying, ‘Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of God’" (Luke 18:15–16)

Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Baptist means immense, union, identification.

"Of the doctrine of baptism s ,..." Heb 6:2
3 baptisms; specifically:
1 - By The Holy Spirit into Yeshua is baptism for salvation
(Matt 26:28; Mark 1:4, 16:16; Luk 3:3; 1 Cor 12:13: Acts 2:38: Gal 3:27)
2 - By other believers, water baptism (Matt 28:19)
3 - By Yeshua with or into The Holy Spirit
(Matt 3:11;Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16; Acts 11:16)

"And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." I John 5:7-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Something to ponder and consider...

Christian Baptism

Greg Finch

Since the Protestant Reformation, the issue of baptism has been a source of much controversy. While arguments about doctrine have become less prevalent in recent years as such topics have become less in vogue, there continues to be disagreement over this subject – though it seems as though it ought to be a relatively straightforward and simple topic.

This piece is not a comprehensive study of all the various issues associated with baptism with a lengthy series of ‘proof texts’ – there are plenty of articles like that which have been written over the years. Instead, I am addressing this to an audience of believers who have heard confusingly competing teachings about this subject, and who may have ended up being not quite sure what to believe. Rather than seeking to present a series of logical, ‘air-tight arguments,’ I will simply present how I think about the issues associated with baptism, as well as address some of the most common questions.

Article here:

http://www.evidenceforjesuschrist.org/Pages/apologetics/christian-baptism.htm

Upvote 0

Chris Tan

Feb 16, 2016
Singapore
✟7,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Do you agree that both John the Baptist and Jesus (and his disciples) baptized with the baptism of repentance unto the remission of sins and this lasted until the last disciple with miraculous power had died?

Was there even an account in any of the four Gospels that Jesus Christ baptised anyone?

Do you know why the Apostles would not pass on the gift of the Holy Spirit to a disciple who was only baptized by John the Baptist?

Say what? Where in the Bible do we see of such an account?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chris Tan

Feb 16, 2016
Singapore
✟7,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Do you know why the Apostles would not pass on the gift of the Holy Spirit to a disciple who was only baptized by John the Baptist?

And by the ways, can anyone simply "pass on the gift of the Holy Spirit" to anyone? How?

I would have thought that the Holy Spirit was God, who only work in perfect harmony to the Father and the Son?

Upvote 0

newnature22

Dec 7, 2015
Salem, OR
✟15,127.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
1. I’m not saying that history is unimportant, in deed I think the whole of early Christians history is on my side of the matter, but ultimately it doesn’t matter what people have done throughout religious history, nor what any people, scholars or otherwise, may be ignorant of concerning archaic, pagan beliefs. What matters is what God has communicated through the Scriptures. If we begin to denounce any teaching that has some parallel in other religions, soon there will be nothing left to teach. The fact is, Satan is a liar and has been from the beginning. He has made it his mission to convolute the truth and deceive. If the Scriptures teach something, then it is something we must believe, regardless of who has or hasn’t believed it in the past or any apparent connection to other religions.

2. I’m not sure of the question here, but you seem to be intimating that the Scriptures were changed to fit a popular belief. I disagree with your synopsis and I would issue a stern warning here: claiming that someone has changed the Bible when it doesn’t fit with a current belief system is a serious accusation (which must be accompanied by overwhelming evidence) and is a tenuous position at best.

First, the evidence against the ending of Mark is relatively small, primarily it’s being absent two codices (both from around the 4th century). However, there is evidence for the long ending in many textual witnesses that are older (some dating back to the 2nd century). Additionally, the long ending to Mark is quoted by Justin Martyr, Tatian and Irenaeus. It’s also interesting to note that the same approach to other passages is not taken as some do with the ending of Mark. For example, the ending of Mark 16 is not included in the Codex Vaticanus, and this causes some to question its validity. Now, let’s be consistent and question everything not in that codex – that’s fair, right? If we throw out everything not included in that Codex, then you need to get rid of the entire book of Revelation. Editors love to put footnotes at the end of Mark, but no one ever puts a note about Revelation. Regardless, even if Mark ended at verse 9, it doesn’t change what is written in other places, e.g. Matthew 28:18-20. Rather than arguing that the Bible was changed in antiquity due to a popular doctrine, I argue the abundance of evidence shows that people are trying to alter the Scriptures today because they don’t like what it teaches.

3. No, I do not agree to that. I believe that the baptism of John and the baptism Jesus commanded were different. The baptism that John commanded was not “into the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:18-20). The baptism of John did not connect the person receiving it to the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as does baptism as commanded by Christ. Though there may be similarities, they are not the same thing. When Paul encountered people who had been baptized by John, he had them baptized again into the name of Jesus (Acts 19:1-7)

4. The passing of the manifestations of the Holy Spirit were not done at the whim of the apostles. The Scriptures clearly state “To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good…All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills” (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). As indicated above, the baptisms of John and Jesus are two different things.

5. No, that is not my understanding of Acts 22:16. In the passage, when one carefully examines the grammatical structure of the sentence, it becomes clear that baptism is how one calls upon the name of the Lord. Paul believed when he met Jesus on the road to Damascus. Paul prayed for three days without food and water. Yet, through all of this, Paul was still in his sins, otherwise, why would Ananias, at the command of Jesus, tell Paul, “Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins…” If he was already saved, there would be no sins to wash away. Baptism was an essential part of the salvation process and it could not willfully be omitted. This is also seen in 1 Peter 3:21 in that baptism is how we make our appeal to God. Baptism, according to Peter, is how we ask God for a clean or good conscience. We ask God to save us when we are baptized into Jesus Christ.

6. It is my understanding that Romans 6 was not written until approximately 30 years after the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. This, however, certainly does not mean that the teaching was not present. Just because something was not recorded immediately doesn’t mean that it didn’t exist at the beginning of the faith. The gospel of Mark was not written until about 20 years after the resurrection of Jesus. Following any logic that discredits Romans 6 based on the passing of time, then the entire gospel of Mark – indeed all of the New Testament writings – become suspect. As it stands, there is more evidence for the continuity of Christianity and its doctrines than any other ancient information we have. If we can’t trust the New Testament, then we can’t trust anything when it comes to historiography. To deny something because it wasn’t immediately present in writing necessitates the denial of the entire faith.

7. No, I don’t believe it necessary to understand each step of the process thoroughly, only trusting that God will do exactly as he says. There is certainly information that must be known, but to say that one must know it thoroughly would certainly mean that no one could every be saved. Regarding true belief, the demons truly believe. However, they refuse to act on their belief. If we are to be saved, there must not only be the mental ascent to Biblical truth but also the willingness to act upon it. James would say that “faith without works is dead” (James 2:26). To deny that one must be willing to act upon what God has said is to say that demons are saved (cf James 2:19).

8. I don’t believe the letters of Peter are questionable. I believe they are inspired by God and their teaching is plain. When Peter plainly declares that baptism is part of salvation, I believe what he says. One must either deny or twist the words of Scripture to come away with an understanding other than the necessity of baptism when Peter writes “Baptism now saves you…” It’s quite plain.

9. Actually, I don’t believe that God has a “name”, at least not one that must be spoken in order to be saved.

10. It is clear that God has laid out a rule of faith, a process by which salvation occurs. This process involves things like hearing the gospel (Rom 10:17), repenting of unbelief (Acts 2:38), and being baptized into Christ (Rom 6:3-4). This is the rule that has been laid out, plainly, in the Scriptures and all people should strive to follow it. Might there be an exception to the rule? Surely one would not deny the right of a Sovereign God to do whatever he pleases. However, rather than undo the rule, any exception strengthens it. If there is to be an exception, it means that there is a prescribed, standard process put in place. Any exception which then exists only serves to prove and provide credence for the rule.

However, I would advise caution in this line of thinking. What if you didn’t get the chance to be baptized? Only God truly knows whether the person literally never had the opportunity. Putting too much emphasis on this or using this as an excuse for disobedience to plain Bible teachings creates a slippery slope via which we can excuse any kind of responsibility on our part: what about people who never had an opportunity to believe? Clearly, then, we don’t need to believe, right? Jolly good for all the atheists out there, they’ve been all right all along. All joking aside, it’s a serious matter to start undoing clear Biblical teaching because of hypothetical happenstances. We are not to sit as judges over the word of God, but to be obedient servants of it (cf James 4:11-12; Luke 17:10).

I'm looking forward to reading @Cuddles222 first negative rebuttal :)

Leviticus 26, beginning with verse 40, is the confession Israel would be called upon to make. Israel would also have to accept the remainder of her punishment, that failure under the contract would call for and that would be the seven year tribulation. When John the Baptizer came along, had anything new begun? He simply called upon Israel to change their minds about their righteousness.

John the Baptizer came in connection with Yahweh’s earthly nation Israel and in accordance with an offer to confess their failure under the contract in order to gain their promised land. That confession itself would be considered a fruit of righteousness in the eyes of Yahweh. The focus during John the Baptizer’s ministry was still Israel and the issue continued to be the land. Nothing had changed except that Israel was being offered the opportunity to confess their failure under the contract. Israel continued to be the focus and the land continued to be the issue.

The law contract, Israel’s possession of the land called for perfect righteousness through performance. Israel produced no righteousness in connection with the law contract. She did not produce that righteousness back in the days of the prophets. She had not produced the fruit of righteousness the contract called for during the days of John the Baptizer’s ministry or during the days of Jesus’ earthly ministry to that nation.

The issue was not their sins, Israel always had a way to have their sins atoned for. Yahweh gave them a way to have their sins forgiven. The issue was righteousness! After that long period of silence (400 years of silence) during which Yahweh refused to speak a word to the nation Israel, Yahweh would begin speaking to the nation once again. John the Baptizer would become Yahweh’s spokesman. This was an important time in Israel’s history as Yahweh would place the Kingdom that he had promised that nation right at their very doorstep.

John the Baptizer’s baptism would be the mechanism that Yahweh would use to allow Israel to make her confession of failure, thus preparing the way for Yahweh’s Kingdom on Earth to get underway.

Upvote 0

newnature22

Dec 7, 2015
Salem, OR
✟15,127.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
This is where the second gospel-designation mentioned in Scripture comes into play; the gospel message called The Gospel or good news of the Kingdom. Why was Israel’s promised earthly Kingdom near, because Israel’s King was there!

It was Israel’s opportunity to change their thinking, because the institution of Yahweh’s Kingdom on earth was right around the corner. The only thing that stood in the way of the establishment of that kingdom was for Israel to recognize her King. The Gospel of Yahweh is about kingship identity. Who is the King for this Kingdom? That is the thrust of the Gospel of Yahweh. Jesus (Yeshua his Hebrew name) is the King; the Anointed One; the Messiah (meaning Christ), the son of the Living God.

Now, that “on earth” part was very important, because the earth was the realm (according to prophecy) where Yahweh’s Kingdom would be established. The earth was the only realm of which Yahweh’s earthly nation Israel had been given inheritance. Heaven was not the issue for the nation Israel. They were never promised Heaven. Before proclaiming to Israel the identity of the king, Yahweh wanted Israel to know that the time was at hand for YAHWEH’S Kingdom on earth to be established, and that is all that John the Baptizer, and Jesus, and the 12 apostles began to preach; the Kingdom that Yahweh promised Israel, is at hand.

Upvote 0

Chris Tan

Feb 16, 2016
Singapore
✟7,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The law contract, Israel’s possession of the land called for perfect righteousness through performance. Israel produced no righteousness in connection with the law contract. She did not produce that righteousness back in the days of the prophets. She had not produced the fruit of righteousness the contract called for during the days of John the Baptizer’s ministry or during the days of Jesus’ earthly ministry to that nation.

Correction. Know this that the laws of God was never a contract between God and man. God never gave His laws to man for him to agree or accept. The law is His command to mankind and to tell us who He truly is. HOLY, HOLY, HOLY.

As Paul puts it, "Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin." (Romans 3:19,20)

That is to say, all of mankind stand guilty before the Holy God for His laws have told us that we are sinners.

So what does a guilty sinner do before a Holy God?

Upvote 0

newnature22

Dec 7, 2015
Salem, OR
✟15,127.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Correction. Know this that the laws of God was never a contract between God and man. God never gave His laws to man for him to agree or accept. The law is His command to mankind and to tell us who He truly is. HOLY, HOLY, HOLY.

As Paul puts it, "Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin." (Romans 3:19,20)

That is to say, all of mankind stand guilty before the Holy God for His laws have told us that we are sinners.

So what does a guilty sinner do before a Holy God?

Matt. 12:36 - The meaning of ‘idle word’ is careless or useless sayings. Starting in Matt. 12:22, their was a Pharisee who was guilty of everything in the context of that story. Paul is who that Pharisee was and Paul was not only first in line, when it came to dispensing the grace of God, Paul was also foremost in crime when it came to murdering the saints of Israel’s earthly kingdom program.

If Paul was at Pentecost, would Paul himself, if he took part in stoning Stephen for believing the message given at Pentecost, would he have been a blasphemer at Pentecost? In Paul’s pre-grace zealousness, he would have been a foremost rejecter of any notion whatsoever that Jesus was Israel’s messiah or that Jesus had been risen from among the dead.

First in line, first in crime are apt descriptions for the Apostle of Grace. Paul was the chosen spokesman for God to relay the information for this entire dispensation of grace. God is not dealing with Israel nationally today, he is dealing with all alike in the Age of Grace. The apostle Paul dispensed a message that the 12 apostles had not dispensed, and that message was different, and that message was geared to the Gentiles.

Paul is the chief pattern of God’s grace to all, he is the foremost example. We need to understand that even though Paul was saved, Paul still considered himself to be a sinner. Paul understood the word: Sin. And Paul understood that word meant to come short of the righteousness belonging to God himself. Paul is the foremost example of the impossibility, the total impossibility of gaining righteousness before God through the performance of the flesh. Those who are sealed in Christ, our careless or useless sayings and words are a Judgment Seat of Christ issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

newnature22

Dec 7, 2015
Salem, OR
✟15,127.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Matt. 12:36 - The meaning of ‘idle word’ is careless or useless sayings. Starting in Matt. 12:22, their was a Pharisee who was guilty of everything in the context of that story. Paul is who that Pharisee was and Paul was not only first in line, when it came to dispensing the grace of God, Paul was also foremost in crime when it came to murdering the saints of Israel’s earthly kingdom program.

If Paul was at Pentecost, would Paul himself, if he took part in stoning Stephen for believing the message given at Pentecost, would he have been a blasphemer at Pentecost? In Paul’s pre-grace zealousness, he would have been a foremost rejecter of any notion whatsoever that Jesus was Israel’s messiah or that Jesus had been risen from among the dead.

First in line, first in crime are apt descriptions for the Apostle of Grace. Paul was the chosen spokesman for God to relay the information for this entire dispensation of grace. God is not dealing with Israel nationally today, he is dealing with all alike in the Age of Grace. The apostle Paul dispensed a message that the 12 apostles had not dispensed, and that message was different, and that message was geared to the Gentiles.

Paul is the chief pattern of God’s grace to all, he is the foremost example. We need to understand that even though Paul was saved, Paul still considered himself to be a sinner. Paul understood the word: Sin. And Paul understood that word meant to come short of the righteousness belonging to God himself. Paul is the foremost example of the impossibility, the total impossibility of gaining righteousness before God through the performance of the flesh. Those who are sealed in Christ, our careless or useless sayings and words are a Judgment Seat of Christ issue.

The 12 apostles preached the reality of the resurrection of Jesus ‘the messiah’. The 12 apostles had preached the necessity of Jesus ‘the messiah’ being raised from among the dead, in order to sit on the throne of David in the promised kingdom. Acts 1:4 - That promise had to do with being baptized with Yahweh’s energizing power from on high. This is not John the Baptizer’s baptism, this is a special identification of Yahweh’s power for the purpose of empowering those kingdom saints for the tribulation period at their doorstep and the millennial reign to come. Yahweh was in a very real sense giving Israel a taste of their promised earthly kingdom. Seven years stood between Israel and them gaining their earthly Kingdom. Paul taught what that resurrection meant to the Gentiles.

Upvote 0

Chris Tan

Feb 16, 2016
Singapore
✟7,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Interesting where you got this idea that Paul was in the upper room at Pentecost? At that point in time, Paul was a very busy Pharisee persecuting Christians, as it was not God's time for him to be called yet, based on Scriptures.

Bottomline is, Paul was a "chosen vessel of God" to be the one dispensing the doctrine of grace to the gentiles. His mission was predestined by the Father before the foundations of the world. With regards to your theory that "God is not dealing with Israel nationally today", I beg to differ. Paul wrote, "Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway. I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy." (Romans 11:10,11) You don't see this happening still today?

Majority of Jews till today do not believe that Christ is God and the Messiah. Isn't Paul writings in Romans 11 still standing true till today? However, Paul did prophesy, "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins." (Romans 25-27)

There will come an appointed time from God when the last Gentile will be called to salvation and then a great multitude of Israelites will be called to salvation and be converted to Christians.

Paul is the chief pattern of God’s grace to all, he is the foremost example. We need to understand that even though Paul was saved, Paul still considered himself to be a sinner. Paul understood the word: Sin.

God's grace started a long time before Paul. His grace was demonstrated to multitudes in the OT in the form of Abel, Noah, Abraham, Melchizedek, Moses, Aaron, Caleb, Joshua, King David, Solomon, just to name a few. What is true is that Paul received the revelation from God to teach grace in full detail that he was blessed and appointed for.

Upvote 0

newnature22

Dec 7, 2015
Salem, OR
✟15,127.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Interesting where you got this idea that Paul was in the upper room at Pentecost? At that point in time, Paul was a very busy Pharisee persecuting Christians, as it was not God's time for him to be called yet, based on Scriptures.

Bottomline is, Paul was a "chosen vessel of God" to be the one dispensing the doctrine of grace to the gentiles. His mission was predestined by the Father before the foundations of the world. With regards to your theory that "God is not dealing with Israel nationally today", I beg to differ. Paul wrote, "Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway. I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy." (Romans 11:10,11) You don't see this happening still today?

Majority of Jews till today do not believe that Christ is God and the Messiah. Isn't Paul writings in Romans 11 still standing true till today? However, Paul did prophesy, "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins." (Romans 25-27)

There will come an appointed time from God when the last Gentile will be called to salvation and then a great multitude of Israelites will be called to salvation and be converted to Christians.

God's grace started a long time before Paul. His grace was demonstrated to multitudes in the OT in the form of Abel, Noah, Abraham, Melchizedek, Moses, Aaron, Caleb, Joshua, King David, Solomon, just to name a few. What is true is that Paul received the revelation from God to teach grace in full detail that he was blessed and appointed for.

Grace within a dispensation was one thing, a dispensation characterized solely by grace is something else altogether. Grace is the foundation on which Paul’s entire ministry was built, and grace covers all the bases for the believer’s life. There is a glory that belongs to God’s grace, and it is to be praised on the bases on what God’s grace has accomplished.

Paul had been given special divine authority with the understanding that he is our apostle, and that authority carried with it the details of what God expects people to believe today, concerning the salvation Jesus Christ purchased for them with his sacrifice.

Therefore, God in his infinite wisdom devised a plan whereby he could take the very faith belonging to his son, along with its resultant faithfulness, and credit that faith and faithfulness to the account of those who believe. It is Christ’s faith that is freely credited to the account of the one who believes the good news message given to the apostle Paul to proclaim to us in this age of grace.

Paul wants us to know how a person is saved. He wants us to understand the basis by which God provides eternal security, not only has provided the gift of salvation; but provides eternal security to all those who place their faith in what the sacrifice of his son accomplished. It is our faith in the accomplishment of Jesus Christ’s faithful sacrifice that is the means whereby God acknowledges that we have accepted the gift his son purchased.

Paul was not in the upper room! But clearly the time period of the parable Jesus gave in Luke chapter 13, the one additional year given Israel until the fig tree was to be cut down, still has the majority of a year to transpire at this point. This is what Jesus meant when he said he gave Peter the “keys” to the Kingdom. Peter had the ability to “unlock” and “open the door” to the Kingdom, he proclaimed the message they had to believe. Jesus gave himself a ransom for MANY. Who are the “many” spoken of? Israel! The beginning of Israel’s last days of her program, they were being equipped for the upcoming time of tribulation right on their horizon.

Yahweh used the physical senses in every respect in connection with his sign nation at Israel’s high holy feast day called Pentecost. Yahweh gave his sign nation things to SEE and to HEAR and to SPEAK! The physical senses were used by Yahweh that Israel might WITNESS their deliverance. The expressions “before our eyes” and “in our sight” tell us how Yahweh worked as Israel was approaching the last days of her program, which was to culminate in an entrance to her promised earthly kingdom. In spite of all these visual manifestations that Yahweh worked in time past, Israel for the most part remained in unbelief. They were either attributing Yahweh’s work to Satan, or they were attributing Satan’s work to Yahweh.

Israel as a nation was still the focus in Acts chapter 2, as they were given a taste of their promised earthly kingdom there with Yahweh’s empowerments for The Tribulation endurance and for the earthly kingdom entrance. Focus is still that land and the attempt to get Israel’s leadership to change their minds about the source of their righteousness and accept Jesus as indeed their Messiah. Peter promises Israel that if she will change her minds, Yahweh will send Messiah back and their promised Kingdom can get back underway, just as it was promised. Peter called it the times of refreshing speaking of a direct reference there to the millennial reign of Messiah on the earth.

Has something changed? Why, of course it did. So why are people going back to the law program or a time when that law program was in effect and trying to eat from that table?

God’s program with the nation Israel was placed on the shelf, only after the 1-year time period given Israel in the parable of the fig tree Jesus Christ relayed to his disciples in Luke chapter 13, Israel’s indictment came with the stoning of Stephen. Paul’s conversion came in Acts chapter 9, and thus began God’s new program and an age of superabounding grace.

Dispensing the message of that new program would not begin until Paul received the revelations necessary to do the dispensing. So, the dispensing of the message did not come when Paul was converted, but we know for a fact, that Paul was judicially joined to Christ at the point of his belief.

Israel’s program had not been placed on hold at Pentecost, Israel was still the focus of God’s dealings at Pentecost. Of course, the majority of fundamental denominationalists believe that God’s new program began at Pentecost, but God’s program with Israel was not set aside until the conversion of Paul.

Upvote 0