• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Forgiveness for my sins

AnnLiz

Sep 14, 2016
Paris, France
✟7,929.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello everyone,

I was born and raised in a Catholic family, but my parents weren't really strong believers. They never educated me about sexuality and purity, on the contrary, my mother always encouraged me to go out and experiment while I was still young and beautiful and desirable. These are her own words.

I should have known better and I don't blame her for what happened to me, but as a result of my poor education I engaged in regular sexual activities with my boyfriend when I was eighteen. It lasted a year. This relationship wasn't healthy at all, he abused me physically and mentally, in addition to the sexual activities. I wasn't in my right mind, I didn't realize the severity of what I was doing.

Today I'm twenty-two and in a relationship with a wonderful, respectful man and we love each other as much as we love the Lord. We're waiting for me to graduate college before we get married and start a family together. He says he forgives me and I'm forever grateful.

I want to serve the Lord and dedicate my life to spreading a message of love and peace. I asked the Lord forgiveness for my sins but the images of these acts still haunt me. I feel soiled and I'm disgusted at myself. I wish I was still pure.

Has anyone gone through the same situation as me? What have you done to prove yourself worthy to the Lord again? Do you think I will ever feel pure again?

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone,

I was born and raised in a Catholic family, but my parents weren't really strong believers. They never educated me about sexuality and purity, on the contrary, my mother always encouraged me to go out and experiment while I was still young and beautiful and desirable. These are her own words.

I should have known better and I don't blame her for what happened to me, but as a result of my poor education I engaged in regular sexual activities with my boyfriend when I was eighteen. It lasted a year. This relationship wasn't healthy at all, he abused me physically and mentally, in addition to the sexual activities. I wasn't in my right mind, I didn't realize the severity of what I was doing.

Today I'm twenty-two and in a relationship with a wonderful, respectful man and we love each other as much as we love the Lord. We're waiting for me to graduate college before we get married and start a family together. He says he forgives me and I'm forever grateful.

I want to serve the Lord and dedicate my life to spreading a message of love and peace. I asked the Lord forgiveness for my sins but the images of these acts still haunt me. I feel soiled and I'm disgusted at myself. I wish I was still pure.

Has anyone gone through the same situation as me? What have you done to prove yourself worthy to the Lord again? Do you think I will ever feel pure again?
John's First Epistle - after 2 Peter and before 2 & 3 John and Revelation - is a short Bible book that deals with subjects such as knowing the Lord Jesus as the believer's Advocate with the Father; being cleansed and walking in the light; increasing assurance in faith. It focuses the believer on the glorious Son of God.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone,

There is nothing we do that proves ourselves worthy in the Father's eyes but our faith in the Lord Jesus by which we are made into the righteousness of Christ and adopted as blameless before the Father. Move on from your past of death, and cross over into the life that Abba, Father wants for you. What He's always wanted for you. What the law could not accomplish in the weakness of our flesh, Christ accomplished in His perfection. Go now, rest in the knowledge that you don't live in fear anymore. You live in confidence in the Faith that Christ is larger than all of the doubt, worry, shame, sin, and regret that is enslaving you to the dead works of the law.

"Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives, but early the next morning he was back again at the Temple. A crowd soon gathered, and he sat down and taught them. As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd.

“Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?”

They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said,“All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman,“Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”

“No, Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.” John 8:1-11

Reactions: KayJoy
Upvote 0

rob_aston

Sep 21, 2016
nz
✟16,002.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
ann, wash yourself with purified/filtered water where you are concerned and you never be concerned again

Upvote 0