Forgive me for this - but I am starting to wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mom2Alex

In Christ
Jul 19, 2008
+Diocese of Buffalo, NY
Visit site
✟9,585.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I'm aware - what's with the big letters? Anyway, you're no doubt aware that late-term abortions have not been banned and that the partial birth abortion bill does not prevent any abortions - do you support it because it makes you feel like something has been done or do you think it's worse than other types of abortion or what? I'm genuinely curious.

But I will anyway...

I oppose all abortions - perhaps next time - just for you I shall describe all methods in detail. :sorry:

Obama's 'John Hancock' appeared on legislation FOR late term abortion SPECIFICALLY. And let us not forget that he refused to sign the Born Alive legislation.

Your choice for president voted against banning partial birth abortion. (Oct 2007) There was no vote pertaining to any other type/term of abortion.

I am feeling less than charitable, so don't take it personal if I don't respond to your reply.

God bless you,

Kelly

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your choice for president voted against banning partial birth abortion. (Oct 2007) There was no vote pertaining to any other type/term of abortion.

God bless you,

Kelly

Hi Kelly - either you're being very presumptive and arrogant, or you're accusing Alan Keyes (I'm leaning towards voting Keyes in November, you see) of voting against banning partial birth abortion. Why you gotta be like that?

So anyway, you do understand that a ban on partial birth abortions doesn't save lives, right?

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think it's silly. No one would question the faith of someone who said they were previously an atheist... they would be all like, "Oh, how wonderful! YOu found Christ! I am so happy for you!" But suddenly when someone is a convert from Islam, or an Eastern religion, people are all suspicious and very sceptical...

I wouldn't smear a person. Their faith is between them and God, and as long as they aren't outright lying, I'm perfectly fine.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Look guys - since this is a semi-political thread - I am not expecting people to respond to it rationally - let alone keep the thread rational throughout its entirety - but something is really bothering me now about Barack Obama.

Please read the entire post before you answer.

Heck - you can't even say I'm a supporter of the man - I really am starting to wonder about something - and a lot of you may be upset that I had the audacity to even ask this.

Some people speculate that Barack Obama is secretly a Muslim and all. Let's just say that if he is one - you couldn't pay me enough money to vote for the guy (that doesn't mean I'd vote for him if he isn't - just bear with me).

But now let's say that he is a Christian (discounting that thread about the ABC interview - please). And let's just say that he is telling the truth about the fact that he is a Christian and that whatever he said was some sort of slip for WHATEVER reason (except being that he is really Muslim).

Yet the smears against him keep coming.

Now before you say anything: you have every right to "attack" Obama's legitimacy towards being a President if you suspect him being a secret Muslim and all. That is - you have every right to object him on a professional level if you feel that whatever faith he has (the Muslim one) would be incompatible with his duties in the Oval Office.

But I'm starting to believe that the attacks against him are not just professional - they are becoming personal. And it is leading me to wonder - that let's say you meet someone in your life - or let's make it all very hypothetical and say that Barack Obama is an unknown layman (i.e. not running for office or anything) and you happened to become acquainted with the guy somehow. He starts talking to you about his life and he starts talking about his family. He starts saying how his father (and his father's family) was a Muslim and he (Obama) was exposed to Islamic teachings while growing up but that he himself today is definitely a Christian. Would you start smearing him to his face and say to him that he is lying about being a Christian (or at least be thinking of these things)? I mean, would you say that he is the same as his family?

sorry if I make anyone angry:sigh::sigh:

mud slinging has always been a part of politics. He just makes it easier, the democrats should be smarter than this.

Reactions: Mom2Alex
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi guys.

Anyway I'm kinda glad that people didn't get mad - I think I should not write posts when I am angry or something :eek: It's like a strange freaky-deaky side of me comes out. (eh maybe not - whatever)

I am not surprised (disappointed - but not surprised) that this topic is becoming abortion-oriented when this topic has nothing to do with abortion. I'm not angry at anyone who started it or anything - ugh you know what, I don't know how to say it anymore :sigh:

Upvote 0

2Cosmic2Charlie

There are to be no political threads from now until 9/27/08.
To define a political thread this is any thread that deals with aspects of the 2008 American Election cycle. This includes:

• Threads specifically about candidates personal lives
  • Threads about their positions
  • Threads about their campaigns recent actions
  • Threads about any American political party or the members of that party
Well, it just seems to me that this thead qualifes under the first inclusion.

(I say this strictly as a furthance of conversation and in no way wish to represent this as a interpretation of the rules and this is strictly a curiousity thing and I am not questioning the professionalism of judgement of any agent, representive or volunteer on CF or OBOB)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katholikos

Aug 29, 2008
United States
✟6,027.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think it's silly. No one would question the faith of someone who said they were previously an atheist... they would be all like, "Oh, how wonderful! YOu found Christ! I am so happy for you!" But suddenly when someone is a convert from Islam, or an Eastern religion, people are all suspicious and very sceptical......

But not everyone is, A) running for president, and, B) already been caught lying.

And most people who embrace God do not at the same time embrace homosexual marriage and abortion. That is an oxymoron. Therefore we have good reason to question his sincerity, and we have a right to examine the statements of anybody who is running for president.

I have, and have found him less than acceptable... ..far less

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Suwweeeeett :D

Is that you in that pic?

And does your name mean "a tad of lamb"?

Yup, that's me at the Easter Vigil of 2006. I was confirmed in 2003.

My username is a play on my real name which could be translated as 'child of Jesus'. I thought that was pretty nifty when I first figured it out.:cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.