Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yes, I'm a junkie too. Just don't make them like that anymore. Most plots nowadays seem so unimaginative. Plus, the clothes, the furniture, the hair, the make-up, the cars! :D

Anyway, thought you'd all enjoy this write up.

P.S. Shannon get your fanny in here. ;)

Fifteen Years of TCM

Q: How many times has TCM aired Casablanca?
A: Counting the upcoming June airing, exactly 100 times.​

I generally stay away from the Turner Classic Movies station on my TV. It's not so much that I have an aversion towards old films; quite the contrary. I just consider eating, sleeping, and spending time with my wife and kids a necessity. And the presence of TCM in my life would render all of those things much more difficult. (The website, with its fascinating array of mind-bending trivia games, is only slightly safer.)​

Still, I can't quite quit it Cold Turkey, which means that the station's 15th Anniversary is a most enjoyable milestone. As part of their celebration, the TCM folks have come up with an interesting list of the 15 Most Influential Classical Films of All Time. And while the amount of subjectivity on display when compiling these sorts of lists can be a bit overwhelming, I always find them fascinating. (I was particularly pleased to see Bicycle Thieves mentioned, and a bit disappointed not to see On the Waterfront or one of the Ealing Studio offerings included. Still, that list would make a fine cinematic primer.)​

Anyone have any additions/subtractions/corrections to offer the TCM listmakers?​

http://insidecatholic.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=Fifteen-Years-of-TCM.html&Itemid=127

Status
Not open for further replies.