PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I have inactive accounts on a couple of dating sites. I set those up initially because it seems to be impossible to find a good match for me in my area. (There really wasn't any other reason. I just felt like it might be a decent option to possibly meet guys that I have things in common.) But it just felt weird and not right (for me) having to sell myself on a profile and the whole process just feels wrong to me. And by wrong, I mean for me (at least right now). I realize it works quite well for a lot of people, including at least two now married couples that I know offline.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably because all the other guys realized that posting long, erudite, in-depth introductions that talk about our passions and activities and desires get completely ignored - and left, like I did.

Try 5 years. :p

Mac, we seriously need to hang out. You're so freakin' cool, I know I've said it before, but what's WRONG with the girls where you live, man? We could run down the street screaming ANARCHY! and see how long it takes people to call the cops on us :smirk:
And what you said is SO not true! I zoom in on the (oh-so-rare) profiles that show good spelling, good grammar, intelligence, maturity, eloquence... :swoon: Too bad none of them want me in return lol.

Upvote 0

HighwayMan

Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I do it for all kinds of reasons. I rarely communicate with anyone outside the first few messages when they try force me to swap phone numbers.

Same here. lol

lol that happened to me, but on the opposite side of the field. I message back and forth with these girls, and suddenly when I suggest a meeting they disappear. And honestly, I don't get it. The point of dating sites is to actually meet up in person for a real date, if you think you're gonna click. If you don't have that intention at all, why waste the guy's time replying in the first place?

Hope that didn't sound too mean.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
lol it never actually got to either point for me (until now anyway). I never actually clicked with anyone on a dating site until this point so I never got to the point with anyone else of either one of us wanting to talk on the phone or meet up.

I actually worried about meeting a guy that wanted to meet up or get on the phone immediately. I need time to build up trust before meeting or handing out my phone number. but apparently I'm not quite so alluring and never had to worry about it. well aside from the weirdos on POF the 1 day I was on there that asked to meet up without ever actually talking to me - or reading my profile from the looks of things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
yeah. I don't mind exchanging phone numbers after a couple of messages actually talking about things, but the two "hi, ur hot" messages (I'm far from hot - did they even look at the profile??) is a no-no. :D

Do you like it in New York? ;) ;)

:p

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
well if it literally is two "hi"'s I'd understand, but I definitely have something that would be considered a conversation before asking...and still get the silent treatment. And my profile is not empty, we talk about common interests.

do they tend to be younger women? It could just be they joined to see if they could meet people but due to lack of experience or whatever, they get scared when its starts becoming a reality so they run? just a thought anyhow. Either way you deserve better than to be treated like that.

Reactions: Tink
Upvote 0
T

toastface_grillah

Oh, I was just teasin'.

I've heard great things about New York. :)

There's a lotta good things to say about New York. :p

do they tend to be younger women? It could just be they joined to see if they could meet people but due to lack of experience or whatever, they get scared when its starts becoming a reality so they run? just a thought anyhow. Either way you deserve better than to be treated like that.

Hmm... the one time I really hit it off with someone on one of these sites, we spent the weekend messaging back and forth in that "Lemme check your computer to see if she wrote back?" manner. After a few days, tumbleweeds and crickets. She was probably stupid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Honestly?

Well a few months ago I was having a phone conversation with my mother. I graduated with my masters (a huge feat I thought) and I told her I was going to be excited to see her and my dad. My mom says to me, "That's great honey but when are you going to get married and start a family. Don't you want to be happy?" Geez! I didn't know I was a misery person without a husband.

So I joined in late January. That's not to say that I wasn't on a dating site before, but that was a few years ago. I shifted my focus and put L-O-V-E on the back burner.

I am putting myself out there but dating is the pits these days.

Wow. The main thing I saw there is that you got your Master's. Congratulations. That's a huge accomplishment. :)

Upvote 0