West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You do realise that threatening adults with damnation will only make their resolve to dismiss your God even more! You do realise that in other Christian Churches you may be considered a heretic and thus not worthy of the kingdom of heaven?

First of all, I didn't threaten anyone!! When I tell a child to look both ways when crossing the highway because he could get hit by a car... they don't look at me and say, "Are you threatening me?" My, my, my, sometimes children have more sense than adults do.

And with some so called Christian churches, I would call that a compliment!!

Jesus never forced anyone to follow him and neither did he threaten anyone. The Orthodox Church says that one will not necessarily go to hell if he is an unbeliever but it is better if he follows Christ. That is why it is forbidden to proselytise for one comes to the church out of his free will and not out of coercion nor threats!

You are right... Jesus never did force anyone, but He told them the truth nonetheless.

Well, IF that is what the Oxymoron church teaches... I mean Orthodox, then that IS an oxymoron. You CAN'T follow Christ IF you don't believe what He taught. Jesus himself taught unbelievers will go to hell and told us to proselytize so they won't. Please see the following and learn!

Mar 16:15 And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to EVERY creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Wow that scripture shows JESUS killing two birds with one stone, proselytizing and damnation! I suggest you go to a different church.

BTW was it also the Othodox church that you mentioned above? ... You know the part where you said, "You do realise that in other Christian Churches you may be considered a heretic and thus not worthy of the kingdom of heaven?" Yes, I would definitely consider it a compliment if THEY said that about me.

Orthodox / Oxymoron Oxymoron / Otrhodox Hey I just realized that is two Os as in.. O.O we goofed!! You do realize you are a proselyte of them don't you.

PROS'ELYTE, n. [Gr. to come.] A new convert to some religion or religious sect, or to some particular opinion, system or party.

Jesus also, said something about them.

Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

A simple case of the blind leading the blind. Now who said that? Oh yeah, Jesus!!

Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Time to read the Bible. Especially the New Testament... you don't want to be following anyone into the ditch!! Know it for yourself then you won't be deceived!!

Just one more teaching of Jesus that He told me to preach to EVERY creature.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Did you see the correlation of NOT believing and condemnation. I wonder what the oxymorons would say about that. It always amazes me how they explain truth away. They hate the light because their deeds are evil.

Now let's see what other scriptures say about unbelievers. BTW Jesus was speaking this also. Note especially the last verse.

Rev 21:5 And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and UNBELIEVING, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CaliforniaSun

Feb 24, 2011
✟2,613.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
First of all, I didn't threaten anyone!! When I tell a child to look both ways when crossing the highway because he could get hit by a car... they don't look at me and say, "Are you threatening me?" My, my, my, sometimes children have more sense than adults do.

You are right... Jesus never did force anyone, but He told them the truth nonetheless.

Well, IF that is what the Oxymoron church teaches... I mean Orthodox, then that IS an oxymoron. You CAN'T follow Christ IF you don't believe what He taught. Jesus himself taught unbelievers will go to hell and told us to proselytize so they won't. Please see the following and learn!

Mar 16:15 And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to EVERY creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Wow that scripture shows JESUS killing two birds with one stone, proselytizing and damnation! I suggest you go to a different church.

BTW was it also the Othodox church that you mentioned above? ... You know the part where you said, "You do realise that in other Christian Churches you may be considered a heretic and thus not worthy of the kingdom of heaven?" Yes, I would definitely consider it a compliment if THEY said that about me.

Orthodox / Oxymoron Oxymoron / Otrhodox Hey I just realized that is two Os as in.. O.O we goofed!! You do realize you are a proselyte of them don't you.

PROS'ELYTE, n. [Gr. to come.] A new convert to some religion or religious sect, or to some particular opinion, system or party.

Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

A simple case of the blind leading the blind. Now who said that? Oh yeah, Jesus!!

Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Time to read the Bible. Especially the New Testament... you don't want to be following anyone into the ditch!! Know it for yourself then you won't be deceived!!

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Did you see the correlation of NOT believing and condemnation. I wonder what the oxymorons would say about that. It always amazes me how they explain truth away. They hate the light because their deeds are evil.

Now let's see what other scriptures say about unbelievers. BTW Jesus was speaking this also. Note especially the last verse.

Rev 21:5 And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and UNBELIEVING, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Your annoying arrogance is refreshing. Keep up the good work, reputations don't come easy.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes you did threaten.
Your little example of children crossing the street? Well what you preach is basically: "Listen children; If you do not cross the street then I will abandon you to die. If you believe in me then don't worry about the cars, they cannot harm you".

WOW such arrogance!

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I fear no God because I do not believe they exist and thus I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!^_^
What did Solomon say about atheists?

Proverbs 1:7 ¶ The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Proverbs 1:7 ¶ The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Romans 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

Say, I could get the hang of this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CaliforniaSun

Feb 24, 2011
✟2,613.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Updated: The love of knowledge will not let those who fear the lord, fool those who love wisdom and instruction. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Trapped by the will of the physical mind which accentuates materialistic inclinations?

So when do you take your Philosophy 101 exam? It'll be great when you get past this current phase you're in where you use metaphysical buzzwords for what you think is total pwnage.

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[/COLOR]Yes you did threaten.
Your little example of children crossing the street? Well what you preach is basically: "Listen children; If you do not cross the street then I will abandon you to die. If you believe in me then don't worry about the cars, they cannot harm you".

WOW such arrogance!

WOW did you copy and paste your answer from California Sun's post?

Too bad you didn't take time to read what I was saying so you could get some benefit from it. What some deem arrogance I deem confidence in knowing what I'm talking about.

You falsely state what I preach, twisting it's meaning and replacing it with your own warped interpretation. You accuse me of being a heretic using your limited understanding of what some churches teach. You have called me a Pharisee and Hypocrite several times. And now, because I call you on it, and prove that what you THINK you know about being a Christian or about God and His Word is wrong, you arrogantly call me arrogant. Such a copout on intelligent communication.

And one more thing, I am not intimidated by your name calling. It would only bother me if someone I respected and found to have an honest perspective about what they believed was saying it about me, but then again, I'm quite sure someone who fit that description, even though they did not agree with me, would not stoop to such unnecessary name calling. Unlike you, who felt a rush of boldness because someone else called me arrogant and so you lash out at me again.... at least California Sun had some creativity in his allegation.

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Ummm isn't this in stark contrast to you refusing to be a homo Sabine and being quite proud of your ignorance?

and do you not despise instruction? In fact i think most creationists do. They hate that the world of science is at the center of evidence and truth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.