Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Well, I never said that prosperity doesn't happen to those without God. Even the scriptures talk about that. I, also, never said they DESERVE to starve to death for not being chrisitan enough. That was your twising of what I said and meant which I think is absolutely crazy.

So you're saying that God isn't being just by allowing these people to starve to death. If they don't deserve it, and God could avoid it, but still lets it happen, it's unjust.

I have a hard time getting my head around, too. My neck seems to prevent me. Thanks for sharing that, though. I wonder if it is even possible to do? I've seen people do some incredible things with their bodies but I don't know if I've ever seen anyone who can get their head around?? It probably is impossible for others, too, so I wouldn't worry about it.

It's a figure of speech, and it's pretty infantile to make fun of it.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yep, I read it, but my bad I used the word "predominantly" only in answer to Ar Cosc's statement, but I should have changed that. Boy you really got me there, Cabal. Thanks for setting me straight, Buddy!! Much appreciated.

Well, call me old fashioned, but when your post says that Uganda is predominantly Roman Catholic, well, I took it at its word!

Would you mind scouring all my posts and see if I have spelled anything wrong. I really hate it when I do that. I sure would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I would worry about your spelling mistakes, Inan, but frankly, that's the least of your problems with your posts.

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Fountains of blessings? Do you even watch the news? Do you know what is going on in the world today? And could you put up the website where you got all this wonderful news. I'd like to post it for all those immigrants (legal and illegal) who are coming to the USA by the droves. Perhaps they could go there instead!!

Based on the UN's Human Development Index, (with % non-religious):

1. Norway (51.5%)
2. Australia (18.7%)
3. New Zealand (34.7%)
4. United States
5. Ireland
6. Liechtenstein
7. Netherlands (47%)
8. Canada (25%)
9. Sweden (65.5%)
10. Germany (40%)
11. Japan (74%)
12. South Korea (41%)
13. Switzerland (40-50%)
14. France (53.5%)
15. Israel

Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Irreligion by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HMMMMMMMMM......the belief in God apparently has little effect on the success of a nation...........

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Please PROVE all your points. Sorry if I do not believe you but you seem to be biased in more areas than one and I suppose your facts are a little slanted and askew.
Do you doubt the Rwanda massacre? Do you doubt the of millions in WW1 and WW2? Do you doubt the deaths of millions of children in impoverished nations? Do you doubt the Christianity of these poor people?

You may worship money by believing that God gives wealth to the "true" believers but all the indications prove otherwise.

All the filthy rich drug lords that live in wealth and prosperity prove you wrong!

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Droughts, natural disasters, plagues, etc. ad infinitum; And yet you insist it is not God's work?

Many were massacred in Churches by fellow Christians.

the death toll of WW1 run in the tens of millions and yet it was between Christian nations that conducted this slaughter.

WW2; Same story.[/QUOTE]

Do you doubt the Rwanda massacre? Do you doubt the of millions in WW1 and WW2? Do you doubt the deaths of millions of children in impoverished nations? Do you doubt the Christianity of these poor people?

You may worship money by believing that God gives wealth to the "true" believers but all the indications prove otherwise.

All the filthy rich drug lords that live in wealth and prosperity prove you wrong!

No, I do not doubt ANY of those atrocities! What I doubt is the accusation that it was REAL Christians who caused it and/or did it. That is why I asked for details. As I have written in so many other posts (and I realize you may not have seen them) I believe there are those that this world considers "Christians" and yet, I do NOT, because I do not think they fit the Biblical criterion for a Christian. I believe that this is just another ploy of the devil to distract and destroy the real meaning and experience of Christianity, and thereby, keep people at arms length and away from God. The lies about God that ALL the bad in the world is from Him, and of course, NONE of the good, is rampant, and I was pointing to the fact that it is satan and people worshipping and serving him that bring about these circumstances in the earth and NOT God. If the lies are going to be continually perpetrated then I am going to be a voice that speaks against them. Contrary to popular opinion God is FOR humanity and NOT against it!!

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Depending on your Biblican criterion for a christian, the people who committed the atrocities could well not have been "true christians". However, many of the people who were victims no doubt were, and many of the people who benefitted no doubt were not. This contradicts your assetion that God will look after all true christians.

Even if Satan is responsible for all the bad stuff in the world, the fact remains that God is supposedly omniscient and all powerful. He created Satan, and he knew exactly what he was going to do when he did. Therefore he is still 100% to blame for alll the evil and suffering in the world. You don't deliberately release a rabid dog into a playschool, and then say that you can't be held responsible for the kids who get mauled.

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like Ar Cosc said, why isn't Europe suffering the same destitution? Estonia, Czech Republic, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, France, Netherlands, Latvia, Slovenia, Iceland, and the UK all have <40% of their population believe in a God. So why are these places consistently on the "best places to live" lists? Apparently fountains of blessing don't necessarily follow high rates of belief in God and pain and suffering don't follow large rates of disbelief...

Based on the UN's Human Development Index, (with % non-religious):

1. Norway (51.5%)
2. Australia (18.7%)
3. New Zealand (34.7%)
4. United States
5. Ireland
6. Liechtenstein
7. Netherlands (47%)
8. Canada (25%)
9. Sweden (65.5%)
10. Germany (40%)
11. Japan (74%)
12. South Korea (41%)
13. Switzerland (40-50%)
14. France (53.5%)
15. Israel

Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Irreligion by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HMMMMMMMMM......the belief in God apparently has little effect on the success of a nation...........

HMMMMM Thanks for the index. What do the percentages stand for and where did they come from? I didn't see them on that website.

BTW "I" never suggested "fountains of blessings" were only from God, as a matter of fact, that was YOUR terminology and twisting. I was talking about God helping people and nations when the turn to Him. That is not to say that there are not nations that can and will prosper without God. You are not opening my eyes to anything, because it is all in the scriptures. But also, in the scriptures is their end results and in the news we are seeing this beginning to happen.

Back to the twisting thing... Just for fun let's look at that. It starts out with you guys accusing God of all the "bad" that happens in the world (I defend that by putting the blame where it belongs on people and the god of this world), and then you suggest that "I" am saying that "fountains of blessings" are a "sign" of God's blessing. See how YOU twist things. I never said "fountains of blessings" were verification of God's blessings. Nor does the Bible teach this.

Let me give you a few examples of what the scriptures say. Now lest you get "confused", I want you to know that these scriptures are NOT saying it is wrong to have riches or wealth. They are just to show you that both the wicked and the righteous have wealth. It is NOT necessarily a VERIFICATION of God's blessing upon a nation or individual. And I will add to that... NOT having wealth is NOT a VERIFICATION of NOT having God or having God. AND YES, there is much more to it on both sides.
(note: I add the bold and capitalizations in the scriptures)

Gen 13:2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.
Gen 24:35 And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.

1Ti 6:17 Charge them that are RICH IN THIS WORLD, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; (THIS WAS WRITTEN TO CHRISTIANS ABOUT CHRISTIANS)

Psa 73:11 And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
Psa 73:12 Behold, these are the UNGODLY, who PROSPER IN THE WORLD; they increase in riches.

Psa 37:35 I have seen the WICKED in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.

Psa 52:2 Thy tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
Psa 52:3 Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.
Psa 52:4 Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue.
Psa 52:5 God shall likewise destroy thee for ever, he shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling place, and root thee out of the land of the living. Selah.
Psa 52:6 The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:
Psa 52:7 Lo, this is the man that MADE NOT GOD HIS STRENGTH; but trusted in the ABUNDANCE OF HIS RICHES, and strengthened himself in his WICKEDNESS. (I included verses 2-4 ... sounds like you guys doesn't it - not a good place to be)

This is what is going to happen in the last days of this world's system. It's all going to crumble. I suggest you don't trust in that but trust in God.

Jas 5:1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
Jas 5:2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
Jas 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

Rev. 18 tells of the fall of this world's system that has been around since the beginning of man's fall.

Rev 18:17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
Rev 18:18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
Rev 18:19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Depending on your Biblican criterion for a christian, the people who committed the atrocities could well not have been "true christians". However, many of the people who were victims no doubt were, and many of the people who benefitted no doubt were not. This contradicts your assetion that God will look after all true christians.

Even if Satan is responsible for all the bad stuff in the world, the fact remains that God is supposedly omniscient and all powerful. He created Satan, and he knew exactly what he was going to do when he did. Therefore he is still 100% to blame for alll the evil and suffering in the world. You don't deliberately release a rabid dog into a playschool, and then say that you can't be held responsible for the kids who get mauled.

I see it differently. So, we'll leave it this way, because that is how it is... you can believe whatever you want.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!"

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I see it differently. So, we'll leave it this way, because that is how it is... you can believe whatever you want.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!"

Specially when what you're actually leading him to is poison. Sorry, I want to drink none of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

No, I do not doubt ANY of those atrocities! What I doubt is the accusation that it was REAL Christians who caused it and/or did it. That is why I asked for details. As I have written in so many other posts (and I realize you may not have seen them) I believe there are those that this world considers "Christians" and yet, I do NOT, because I do not think they fit the Biblical criterion for a Christian. I believe that this is just another ploy of the devil to distract and destroy the real meaning and experience of Christianity, and thereby, keep people at arms length and away from God. The lies about God that ALL the bad in the world is from Him, and of course, NONE of the good, is rampant, and I was pointing to the fact that it is satan and people worshipping and serving him that bring about these circumstances in the earth and NOT God. If the lies are going to be continually perpetrated then I am going to be a voice that speaks against them. Contrary to popular opinion God is FOR humanity and NOT against it!!
You blame Satan yet forget that he was God's creation and an archangel at that. Archangel means chief of the angels and next to God as near perfect as possible, yet; you blame Satan for all the ills and give him more power than the omniscient God you worship?

A very confusing situation if I may say so! :angel:

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You blame Satan yet forget that he was God's creation and an archangel at that. Archangel means chief of the angels and next to God as near perfect as possible, yet; you blame Satan for all the ills and give him more power than the omniscient God you worship?

A very confusing situation if I may say so! :angel:

I don't blame God for cantankerous, whining atheists either. That is their choice and not His fault, the same as satan had his choice. Not be fooled, in the end BOTH will be dealt with by God. Satan had his time and it is over for him. His fate is sealed and it will be dealt with by God. This is man's time, we still have hope, but in the end, we will ALL be dealt with by God. He's already explained it and made it very clear what you should choose. Don't blame Him if YOU choose wrong. I won't.

God is so superior to both satan and man and WILL have HIS way. He has offered it to all His creation. He's not to be blamed if they refuse it. He is the righteous Judge and EVERY KNEE will bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!!! That means you and your buddies whether it is a forced bow or a willing bow. That is your choice. You WILL bow!!!

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I don't blame God for cantankerous, whining atheists either. That is their choice and not His fault, the same as satan had his choice.

I don't believe a choice exists as I don't believe that God exists.

Not be fooled, in the end BOTH will be dealt with by God. Satan had his time and it is over for him. His fate is sealed and it will be dealt with by God. This is man's time, we still have hope, but in the end, we will ALL be dealt with by God. He's already explained it and made it very clear what you should choose. Don't blame Him if YOU choose wrong. I won't.
I have no reason whatsoever to preference your explanation over the explanation of a Muslim regarding Islam. You appear to be supporting the immoral idea of thought-crime: that one deserves to be punished for what they think, or could not think.

God is so superior to both satan and man and WILL have HIS way. He has offered it to all His creation. He's not to be blamed if they refuse it. He is the righteous Judge and EVERY KNEE will bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!!! That means you and your buddies whether it is a forced bow or a willing bow. That is your 1choice. You WILL bow!!!
You may type in pink but your agenda might as well be in blood red.

How, pray tell, do you imagine any of the above makes the God you describe out to be anything other than rephrensible and completely unworthy of worship?

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't blame God for cantankerous, whining atheists either. That is their choice and not His fault, the same as satan had his choice. Not be fooled, in the end BOTH will be dealt with by God. Satan had his time and it is over for him. His fate is sealed and it will be dealt with by God. This is man's time, we still have hope, but in the end, we will ALL be dealt with by God. He's already explained it and made it very clear what you should choose. Don't blame Him if YOU choose wrong. I won't.

God is so superior to both satan and man and WILL have HIS way. He has offered it to all His creation. He's not to be blamed if they refuse it. He is the righteous Judge and EVERY KNEE will bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!!! That means you and your buddies whether it is a forced bow or a willing bow. That is your choice. You WILL bow!!!
You do realise that threatening adults with damnation will only make their resolve to dismiss your God even more! You do realise that in other Christian Churches you may be considered a heretic and thus not worthy of the kingdom of heaven?

Jesus never forced anyone to follow him and neither did he threaten anyone. The Orthodox Church says that one will not necessarily go to hell if he is an unbeliever but it is better if he follows Christ. That is why it is forbidden to proselytise for one comes to the church out of his free will and not out of coercion nor threats!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Adios rogando = the atheists' motto ?
:doh:
L2Spanish IMO or alternatively, ask a Spanish speaker what it means.

It translates to "Praying to God and swinging the mace." Meaning that while you're praying to god for something, you should be working hard for it. "Praying to God" sounds like the atheists' motto to you?

Edit: Oh! You got me! I just noticed your little twist of words! haha
Nice! But no... "Adios rogar." would actually have meaning in Spanish.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.