Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're right, we should blame the god who thinks that it's acceptable to punish the children for the sins of the father.
The way I understand this is that God is "allowing" the children to suffer the "consequences" of the sins of the father, but this is only because the children themselves are following in the footsteps of the father.

We all like the taste of forbidden fruits, I guess.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
The way I understand this is that God is "allowing" the children to suffer the "consequences" of the sins of the father, but this is only because the children themselves are following in the footsteps of the father.

so thoughtful for me to be allowed to suffer 16 hours of painful labour.

Upvote 0

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Where is the tree? Did I eat from its fruit? Did you? When?

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
haha they are not my ancestors

but you blame actual historic figures for the trouble they caused

why not a and e?
Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve liked the taste of forbidden fruits too, you know.
so thoughtful for me to be allowed to suffer 16 hours of painful labour.
That's what you get for following in the forbidden footsteps of your ancestors.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve liked the taste of forbidden fruits too, you know.
That's what you get for following in the forbidden footsteps of your ancestors.

there is no forbidden fruit, the genetics you refer to have zero to do with the bible story, and, may you be reincarnated and get 36 hours instead of 16

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Upisoft

CEO of a waterfal
Feb 11, 2006
Orbiting the Sun
✟20,777.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If there is its probably written in aramaic and you have to interpret it....
Well, the Orthodox church which is major religion here asserts that they are the manual for the interpretation. This at least sounds more reasonable than everybody popping up with their interpretation.

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Perhaps God cannot do anything about it since it would violate His eternal purpose and such a violation would degrade Him as God since He would be violating His own purpose. :)

If a by-product of God's purpose or plan is the needless suffering of billions of human beings, then why should we worship this God? Sounds like a tyrant who cares little about our well-being.

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So Ireland (87% Roman Catholic) should, by your logic, be as badly-off as Uganda, if not worse. Things aren't great here, but it's hardly gotten to that stage.

Now, on to a point made by myself and a few other posters, what is the proportion of "True Christians (TM)" in countries such as the Netherlands, Norway, and Denmark? Or Spain, or Italy? There is absolutely no correlation between being what you would call a True Christian, and economic prosperity.

The correlation is true Christians praying and GOD bringing about economic prosperity through many different venues.

Parents aren't to blame for their children's actions, but it is a fairly awful parent who would let their child starve to death for not loving them enough.

"]But if the parents send help and the children refuse to partake of that help. There's not much the parents can do but help those of their children that will.

He could do it any way he wanted. Whatever the ramifications of plentiful food for everyone, there is pretty much no way it could be worse than millions starving to death, or killing each other over resources.

Now, you can imagine that but you don't know that do?

Incidentally, if all of Africa were to become True Christians tomorrow, how would God solve the situation? Presumably you think he'd be able to. So why would he be justified in withholding this cure just because people aren't worshipping him properly?

Even if they all became True Christians (which is most unlikely) it would take time to turn around the whole country with God's intervention because He only works through men and women. BUT that is not to say that IF people cried unto Him who were starving or dying He would not miraculously heal them and send the food miraculously. He fed the Israelites manna in the wilderness and sent them quail to eat. That would take a nation turning to God, though, for national miracles to happen. Individuals on the other hand could see miracles in their own personal lives, too. But for a nation to turn around as a whole and become prosperous, that nation would have to, also, turn to God. Just as Israel as a nation served God and as America (though, not all were Christians) as a nation we began and built the country on Biblical principles. But as I said and history proves, the nation that turns from God begins to fail. When a president stands up and says America is no longer a Christian nation ... he is not helping the country but opening it up for a fall. Not to say that America was headed in that direction before he said it. People have tried to remove God from this country for quite awhile and the more we let go of God the more we lose our standing, prosperity, strength, etc. etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Even if they all became True Christians (which is most unlikely) it would take time to turn around the whole country with God's intervention because He only works through men and women. BUT that is not to say that IF people cried unto Him who were starving or dying He would not miraculously heal them and send the food miraculously. He fed the Israelites manna in the wilderness and sent them quail to eat. That would take a nation turning to God, though, for national miracles to happen. Individuals on the other hand could see miracles in their own personal lives, too. But for a nation to turn around as a whole and become prosperous, that nation would have to, also, turn to God. Just as Israel as a nation served God and as America (though, not all were Christians) as a nation we began and built the country on Biblical principles. But as I said and history proves, the nation that turns from God begins to fail. When a president stands up and says America is no longer a Christian nation ... he is not helping the country but opening it up for a fall. Not to say that America was headed in that direction before he said it. People have tried to remove God from this country for quite awhile and the more we let go of God the more we lose our standing, prosperity, strength, etc. etc.

could you please explain how all those European countries with <40% believers in God manage to be so prosperous?

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not true. I was born and grew up in Africa.

So what exactly is NOT true.

This is not true. I have personally seen people die of hunger and they were true Christians.

Droughts, natural disasters, plagues, etc. ad infinitum; And yet you insist it is not God's work?

Yes, I do.

You live in your comfortable and plentiful world and yet you pass judgement on the poor and destitute as easily as waving your hand.

I also, spoke of impending judgement on the USA if they leave God.

I am afraid that your words do more to dissuade people from Christianity than anything science can come up with.

Talk about hypocrites... I've have heard it said over and over all over the web and here that because of science they could not believe in God or Christianity. Make up your mind is it me or is the evidence of science?

800,000 Christians were slaughtered in Rwanda. Many were massacred in Churches by fellow Christians.

the death toll of WW1 run in the tens of millions and yet it was between Christian nations that conducted this slaughter.

WW2; Same story.

Hypocrites and Pharisees!

Please PROVE all your points. Sorry if I do not believe you but you seem to be biased in more areas than one and I suppose your facts are a little slanted and askew.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
could you please explain how all those European countries with <40% believers in God manage to be so prosperous?

As I have already explained, It has to do with many factors, it is not only the believers in a country, it is the nations government position towards God, along with the level of demonology, false gods and just how deep they go into these. Supporting Israel has to do with it, also. And maybe you better look again at the prosperity of ALL those European countries.

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like Ar Cosc said, why isn't Europe suffering the same destitution? Estonia, Czech Republic, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, France, Netherlands, Latvia, Slovenia, Iceland, and the UK all have <40% of their population believe in a God. So why are these places consistently on the "best places to live" lists? Apparently fountains of blessing don't necessarily follow high rates of belief in God and pain and suffering don't follow large rates of disbelief...

Fountains of blessings? Do you even watch the news? Do you know what is going on in the world today? And could you put up the website where you got all this wonderful news. I'd like to post it for all those immigrants (legal and illegal) who are coming to the USA by the droves. Perhaps they could go there instead!!

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
As I have already explained, It has to do with many factors, it is not only the believers in a country, it is the nations government position towards God, along with the level of demonology, false gods and just how deep they go into these. Supporting Israel has to do with it, also. And maybe you better look again at the prosperity of ALL those European countries.

So Saudi Arabia's prosperity has to do with what, exactly?

I still find it absolutely crazy that you're saying all those people in Africa deserve to starve to death for not being christian enough. It's nearly impossible to get my head around.

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No True Scotsman fallacy aside, actually Uganda is predominantly not Catholic, as your own stats show - 42% protestant.

Do you even read your copy-pastes before you put them in?

Yep, I read it, but my bad I used the word "predominantly" only in answer to Ar Cosc's statement, but I should have changed that. Boy you really got me there, Cabal. Thanks for setting me straight, Buddy!! Much appreciated. Would you mind scouring all my posts and see if I have spelled anything wrong. I really hate it when I do that. I sure would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟20,375.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So Saudi Arabia's prosperity has to do with what, exactly?

I still find it absolutely crazy that you're saying all those people in Africa deserve to starve to death for not being christian enough. It's nearly impossible to get my head around.

Well, I never said that prosperity doesn't happen to those without God. Even the scriptures talk about that. I, also, never said they DESERVE to starve to death for not being chrisitan enough. That was your twising of what I said and meant which I think is absolutely crazy.

I have a hard time getting my head around, too. My neck seems to prevent me. Thanks for sharing that, though. I wonder if it is even possible to do? I've seen people do some incredible things with their bodies but I don't know if I've ever seen anyone who can get their head around?? It probably is impossible for others, too, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.