Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Please pray , and pray again , and keep praying.

The situation is very grave and it affects all - Orthodox , Greek Catholic, Latin Catholic and everyone of any religion or none.

I've been getting a series of emails in today from people observing what has been going on

Lots of businesses and institutions in the centre of Kyiv and ending their day at 16:00 today - suposedly orders from above.

The expectation is utilities in the centre to be cut then the troops sent in. Women, children, and other 'non-combatants' have been told to leave Maidan. This will not turn out well.

All workers in Parliament sent home at 13:00. Participants of the anti-Maidan in Marinsky Park are being sent away.

BTW, there's a two hour time difference - it's now after 16:00 in Kyiv...

Forgot to mention...
Authorities order the St Sophia complex to close and lock its gates (to prevent it being used as a refuge point?)
St Michael's started ringing its bells a while back and asked all churches / places of worhip to open their doors and ring bells
Met. Ihor of L'viv has directed bells be rung 5-15 min every hour on the hour

The Kremlin has already expressed its 'deep concern for its troubled brothers' and criticed EU/US for instigating the battles and supporting attempts to destabilise Ukraine.

And rightly so! Putin has promised Yanukovich $15million for the privilege to intefere in UA.

These have all come into me within the past 90 minutes.

I really fear for the outcome - it's not long now till it will be dark and then ...........

Lord have mercy on the people of Ukraine

ceruleanbutterfly

Jan 19, 2014
✟7,791.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy :crosseo:

May the good Lord have mercy on our brothers and sisters in the Ukraine. As You protected the three youths from the furnace so we ask you to deliver Your children from the hands of those who would harm them and persecute them for Your Name's sake.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
As far as I'm aware, clergy of all denominations are present still .

I was watching some live web video last night - I'm horrified at the violence shown by the Berkut.

I can't say publicly what I think about the way this has been handled.

Please continue to pray for the people

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2010
✟1,424.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@Anhelyna

I'm horrified at the violence shown by the Berkut - take easy...
violence against berkut:
Беркут Горит!!! / Киев Грушевского Майдан Коктейль Молотова 21.01.2014 - YouTube
Евромайдан# Демонстранты поймали "БЕÐ[bless and do not curse]КУТА" И ЖЁСТКО ЕГО ИЗБИВАЮТ 18 + 21 Января Киев - YouTube - beating of berkut (cant validate - due being on work and cannot play with sound) but think its all true
Евромайдан Провокаторы оппозиции зверски убивают беркута. - YouTube - beating of berkut.

Imho leaders of opposition( first of all -their real owners) need blood in order to put it on Yanokovich. Berkut had not been using real power against protesters for long time to escape it.

Just for information - i am not for current goverment and quite against opposition - same thieves which have no interest to make better life of ppl.

And rightly so! Putin has promised Yanukovich $15million for the privilege to intefere in UA. - max points to creator of this rumor. To evaluate Yanukovich in JUST 15million of usd. ;) Putin had presented 15 billions to Ukraine like brother to brothers nation and promise to add 15million then. funny... or unfunny - depends from point of view.

Ps Lord, have mercy! Save Ukraine from civil war!

Ps about monks-priests-peacemakers just for information - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAsEwns5mIQ (reporter had got stone in his head at end of video)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Things are deteriorating :(

I was sent this a very short time ago

Â²Ä ÑÓÒÈ×ÎÊ ÓÆÅ ÇÀÃÈÍÓËÈ ÒÐΪ ËÞÄÅÉ – ÁÎÃÎÌÎËÅÖÜ | Óêðà¿íñüêà ïðàâäà

Since then I've had 2 other messages

1)
Three dead (so far) from firearms. Police have been shooting and lobbing grenades from rooftops. Ambulances not allowed to cross police cordons in any direction, so expect more fatalities.

2)
It's all going to hell - Maidan is being attacked, shots are being fired.

An amnesty was signed and came into force yesterday - now this :(

Poor Ukraine

Lord have mercy X 40 and even more

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
BBC News - Ukraine police storm main Kiev 'Maidan' protest camp

Shortly before 18:00 GMT, police announced over loudspeakers that they were about to begin "an anti-terror operation".

Then they began advancing with an armoured vehicle. Police dismantled barricades and fired stun grenades and water cannon.

Protesters lit fires and threw fireworks. Large fires are burning in the square and have destroyed many tents.

An aide to Mr Yanukovych was quoted by Ukrainian media earlier as saying the president was "against confrontation and conflict" and did not want to forcibly disperse the camp.

And on whose orders have the police moved on the Maidan ?

Lord have mercy

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2010
✟1,424.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
@tapi
Hopefully this mess will be the end of Russian interference in Ukrainian internal politics, it's sad that political power play results in this kind of mess. - hope,hope...but why dont u hope this mess will be the end of USA interference in Ukrainian internal politics? or what is impossible for Russia, is possible for USA?

@Anhelyna
after this Беркут остался без глаза. Штурм Евромайдана - YouTube
Киев. Бои на Шелковичной. Митингующие взяли верх 18.02.2014 / Драка Беркут Майдан Столкновения - YouTube
Противоправные действия "мирных" протестующих 18 февраля 2014 года - YouTube (pay attention to guns in hands of PEACEFUL protesters)
Активисты раздевают милиционера в бессознательном состоянии вместо оказания помощи - YouTube

Goverment made ultimatum - stop it or will be used force.

very bad - situation is close to civil war.

Lord, have mercy!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.