Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
✟8,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul said this in Romans 4 -

5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.

First of all, Paul said God justifies the ungodly. This does not agree with God's own words.

Paul writes from a grace perspective after the cross and complements the Old Testament perfectly. When Paul describes God saving the ungodly —it's in light of sin which has universally affected every human being apart from Christ. God declares righteous those who submit to Christ by faith.

Consider the Apostle Paul:

"But now [after the cross] the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." Romans 3:21-26

There is no righteousness, period outside of Jesus Christ!

In Christ!

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul writes from a grace perspective after the cross and complements the Old Testament perfectly. When Paul describes God saving the ungodly —it's in light of sin which has universally affected every human being apart from Christ. God declares righteous those who submit to Christ by faith.

Consider the Apostle Paul:

"But now [after the cross] the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." Romans 3:21-26

There is no righteousness, period outside of Jesus Christ!

In Christ!

I showed Zacharias and Elizabeth were righteous before God, and this was before Jesus was born.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Every word written by Paul is 100% accurate and true.

Oh good. Then you must believe Paul's words that essentially say,

"if any speaks contrary to the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine of Godliness, he is proud and knows nothing."
(1 Timothy 6:3-4).​

Is not saying that you can sin and still be saved an ungodly thing?
For how does one think that doing evil would be rewarded by God by allowing them into Heaven?
It just doesn't add up in my book.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, in regards to believers obeying God's Laws:

Well, believers today obey the Commands under the New Covenant (New Testament) and not the Old Covenant.
For the Scriptures say the Law has changed (Hebrews 7:12).
For even the moral laws are different.
In the Old Covenant, certain moral laws had death penalties attached to them.
Today, we are under God's grace. Yes, I am aware of Romans 13 and how God can use secular nations to execute justice.
But there is no nation like Israel anymore that was supposed to carry out justice.
We are now told to turn the other cheek if someone is to smite us (Instead of an eye for an eye).
We are not to render evil for evil.
We are to overcome evil with good.
We are supposed to pray for our enemies.
And do good to those who despitefully use us.
We also can eat unclean animals today (Which a violation of OT Law).
Jesus is our sacrifice and heavenly high priest today.
For the temple veil was torn from top to bottom (not bottom from the top).
The Old priesthood and it's animal sacrifices under the Old Law is no more.
Jesus is our perfect sacrifice and mediator between God and man.
Not a one time mediator but a continual high priest that we can go to if we do happen to fall.

But God desires His people to be holy and perfect. If not, then God would have to agree with your imperfection or sin (And that is just not possible).

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh good. Then you must believe Paul's words that essentially say,

"if any speaks contrary to the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine of Godliness, he is proud and knows nothing."
(1 Timothy 6:3-4).​

Is not saying that you can sin and still be saved an ungodly thing?
For how does one think that doing evil would be rewarded by God by allowing them into Heaven?
It just doesn't add up in my book.

Yes, I believe Paul's words there in 1 Timothy 6:3-4. It sounds like he's talking about you

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also, in regards to believers obeying God's Laws:

Well, believers today obey the Commands under the New Covenant (New Testament) and not the Old Covenant.
For the Scriptures say the Law has changed (Hebrews 7:12).
For even the moral laws are different.
In the Old Covenant, certain moral laws had death penalties attached to them.
Today, we are under God's grace. Yes, I am aware of Romans 13 and how God can use secular nations to execute justice.
But there is no nation like Israel anymore that was supposed to carry out justice.
We are now told to turn the other cheek if someone is to smite us (Instead of an eye for an eye).
We are not to render evil for evil.
We are to overcome evil with good.
We are supposed to pray for our enemies.
And do good to those who despitefully use us.
We also can eat unclean animals today (Which a violation of OT Law).
Jesus is our sacrifice and heavenly high priest today.
For the temple veil was torn from top to bottom (not bottom from the top).
The Old priesthood and it's animal sacrifices under the Old Law is no more.
Jesus is our perfect sacrifice and mediator between God and man.

Matthew 12:33-34 -

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I believe Paul's words there in 1 Timothy 6:3-4. It sounds like he's talking about you
Weren't you saying before how you think we do not have to obey Jesus's words in the gospels because it was for those under the Old Testament? Well, Jesus primarily taught New Covenant and not Old Covenant. Also, please explain to me how a sin and still be saved doctrine is a good and godly thing, too.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 12:33-34 -

Please provide me with a little commentary on this passage.
I am not sure what your point is in posting this passage.
For if you believe in a sin and still be saved doctrine, this passage does not help you (But it actually works against you).

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Weren't you saying before how you think we do not have to obey Jesus's words in the gospels because it was for those under the Old Testament? Well, Jesus primarily taught New Covenant and not Old Covenant. Also, please explain to me how a sin and still be saved doctrine is a good and godly thing, too.

Nah, you must be new in the word or you don't comprehend what the Bible plainly says. Survey the book

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please provide me with a little commentary on this passage.
I am not sure what your point is in posting this passage.
For if you believe in a sin and still be saved doctrine, this passage does not help you (But it actually works against you).

Matthew 22:37-40

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nah, you must be new in the word or you don't comprehend what the Bible plainly says. Survey the book
No. I have been reading the Word of God and I have been studying it for a long time now. Please explain yourself in what you are talking about?
Do you believe that the words of Jesus do not apply to us? There are those who actually believe this. They are called Mid Acts Dispensationalists. They believe there are two or more gospels (Which is simply not true).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. I have been reading the Word of God and I have been studying it for a long time now. Please explain yourself in what you are talking about?
Do you believe that the words of Jesus do not apply to us? There are those who actually believe this. They are called Mid Acts Dispensationalists. They believe there are two or more gospels (Which is simply not true).

I never said we do don't have to obey Jesus' commands, He gave two great commandments to fulfill the law and the prophets. We can't do it, that's why he died for us while we are yet sinners. What YOU need to do is figure out exactly what Jesus meant in the OP quote. Matthew 22:40

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Paul said this in Romans 4 -

5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.

First of all, Paul said God justifies the ungodly. This does not agree with God's own words.

Exodus 23:7
Keep yourself far from a false matter; do not kill the innocent and righteous. For I will not justify the wicked.

1 Kings 8:32
then hear in heaven, and act, and judge Your servants, condemning the wicked, bringing his way on his head, and justifying the righteous by giving him according to his righteousness.

Proverbs 17:15
15 He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord.

God said He does not justify the wicked, for it is an abomination to Him. He justifies the righteous. The righteous are the just, pure, and upright.

Paul mentions David from Psalm 32. David did not mention anything of imputing righteousness, but rather, of not imputing sin; this is spoken of those whose sins are covered.
When Jesus came-when the true, full, light entered the world- He brought with Him a change in perspective. He raised the bar for the standard of righteousness. Not only must the outside be clean-external obedience to the law-but the inside as well; sin originated in the heart and so the heart must be changed, a heart of stone replaced with a heart of flesh. Everyone was guilty of sin, because all sinned in some way or another when judged according to the heart. No one lived up to the standard of pure righteousness, whatever that standard is for man.

So, according to the New Covenant, all are in need of justification, all are wicked relatively speaking, all are unhealthy, needing to be healed. This doesn't mean that righteousness wasn't expressed at all in times prior to Christ. God commanded it and congratulated and rewarded it. But that was only a foreshadowing, a step on the journey; true righteousness or justice would come only as man returned to innocence, as he was reconciled with God, communing with Him, where God indwells and does a work in man. Justice, itself, demands this relationship; man is lost without it, without Him, 'apart from Whom we can do nothing'. John 15:5

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wrong!

"Paul, an apostle—not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead"
Galatians 1:1

So, if I said I was an apostle - not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ, you would believe my words without doubt?

Upvote 0