Flood Arguments

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
If I see that apple challenge one more time...

Perhaps he will claim that his Apple Challenge is brand new and the other appearances of the Apple Challenge were embedded in the website when the universe was created last Thursday.

Reactions: TeddyKGB
Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If I see that apple challenge one more time...

LOL!! Don't forget "Return of My Apple Challenge!," and Son of The Return of My Apple Challenge!" The whole point of which seems to be that Ex Nihilo Creation leaves no evidence, therefore must be true! :p

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL!! Don't forget "Return of My Apple Challenge!," and Son of The Return of My Apple Challenge!" The whole point of which seems to be that Ex Nihilo Creation leaves no evidence, therefore must be true! :p
I have no issue with AV stating there is no evidence for creationism. ;)

Upvote 0
T

TroubleShooter43

Oh no!!!! NOT the APPLE CHALLENGE again!!!!!!! AARRRGGGHHHH
MEEERRRCCCYYYYYYYYY!!!! I promise to eat my dinner! :bow::bow:

Forgive me, I'm new here but what is the "apple challenge"? Trying to make your Apple use PC software? ;)

Venee, google the name "Ziasudra". I think you will be interested in what you find.

I'd make the same suggestion to AV but I doubt it would make any difference.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Forgive me, I'm new here but what is the "apple challenge"? Trying to make your Apple use PC software? ;)

Venee, google the name "Ziasudra". I think you will be interested in what you find.

Believe me... you don't want to know...

Upvote 0

Logic_Fault

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi Ubique
Dec 16, 2004
✟16,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Forgive me, I'm new here but what is the "apple challenge"?
You can find the thread here. It's not a pretty sight though. You've been warned.;)

Trying to make your Apple use PC software? ;)
If only it were something that sensible.:doh:

And you'd be quite correct.

Upvote 0

Vance

Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
✟23,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Vernee, you might also want to check out varves.

These are the very thin layers that get deposited each year in certain rivers, lakes and fjords. These layers are seasonal and can be counted like tree rings. They have been monitoring some of these varve formations for nearly 100 years and the pattern is VERY consistent. And, they can dig down and see this pattern going back for thousands and thousands of years. In some of the lakes and fjords fed by glaciers, we see an unbroken line of annual deposit layers going back to the last ice age, which is much, much earlier than any proposed global flood.

The obvious point is that any global flood would completely mess up this annual sequence, as you can imagine. But the layers go quietly and consistently on back in time as if no global flood ever occurred.

In the Green River formations, I think they can trace the layers back for a couple hundred thousand years.

As with everything else in the studies of geology, history, pre-history, genetics, biology and a dozen other disciplines, all the evidence gathered in this field describes a world which has been clicking along for a VERY long time, with no evidence of a global flood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adivi

Feb 21, 2008
✟15,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wouldn't mind seeing this. I've been looking for something like it, actually.
Let R be the radius of the earth. To cover mount everest, we'd need about 4*pi/3*((R + 8,848)^3 - R^3) cubic meters of water (where 8,848 is the height of mount everest); this works out to be about 4.52 billion cubic kilometers. Earth's oceans are about 1.37 billion cubic meters. (source: http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/SyedQadri.shtml).

Also, I just looked in this book called Evolution vs. Creationism; it cites an article from the Journal of Geological Education which gives a 4.4 billion cubic km figure, so I was about right. And in order for all that to come from the earth, the crust's porosity would have to be about 50%, when actual estimates put it at closer to 1%. For those of you who're curious, the specific article is titled "Physical Constraints on the Noachian Deluge".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beccs

Jan 11, 2007
✟15,401.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you noticed, Vance, that all of these cultures that have supposedly been around for so long --- got the flood story wrong?

In everything I've read so far --- not one has mentioned Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth by name; given the dimensions of the Ark; the duration of the rainfall; the windows of Heaven; the animals going in two by two --- nothing.

This tells me that either the Flood didn't happen, or the stories were written after-the-fact to mock the true story --- and which explanation do you think I'm going to go with?
I go with . . . Didn't happen. Just a morality tale.

Upvote 0