Flat Earth: Why doesn't a Plane's altitude meter (gyroscope) pitch up and down if it's a round earth

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1) Why doesn't a Plane's altitude meter (gyroscope) pitch up and down constantly if it's a round earth? NASA says the curvature is 8 inches per mile. The average speed of a plane is 580mph......how come the altitude meter stays mostly constant?

2) How come there are dead spots for GPS...but if you move a mile left or right, you get GPS connection. You mean a satellite cannot account for 1 mile difference?!?!? Before GPS, there was LORAN (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LORAN)

3) How come there are several space ballon videos showing a direct hotspot under the sun? How come the sun appears very very close and not millions of miles away?

Reactions: ananda

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
1) Why doesn't a Plane's altitude meter (gyroscope) pitch up and down constantly if it's a round earth? NASA says the curvature is 8 inches per mile. The average speed of a plane is 580mph......how come the altitude meter stays mostly constant?

2) How come there are dead spots for GPS...but if you move a mile left or right, you get GPS connection. You mean a satellite cannot account for 1 mile difference?!?!? Before GPS, there was LORAN (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LORAN)

3) How come there are several space ballon videos showing a direct hotspot under the sun? How come the sun appears very very close and not millions of miles away?

1) Because the plane follows the curvature of the earth.

2) Signal Interference?

3) The sun appears to be millions of miles away. What are you looking at?

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1) Because the plane follows the curvature of the earth.

1) NASA launches rockets adjusted on the earth curvature to boost it. Now you say the plane follows the earth curvature without adjusting to the curvature. YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Either the plane follows the curvature....or it has to adjust for the curvature. Which is it?

ALL of the telemetry data show that it's a flat earth.

2) Signal interference? How about all of the satellite phones stop working after reaching a certain altitude? How do you explain that.

3) Look at the space balloon videos....all of it show the sun close. I don't care what NASA says...the video evidence shows otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like these kind of questions, we take too much for granted. Here's my stab at it.
1. The plane does adjust for altitude, and doesn't really fly in a flat geometric line. If it did it would gain altitude.
2. No idea.
3. Because it's really big?

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
1) NASA launches rockets adjusted on the earth curvature to boost it. Now you say the plane follows the earth curvature without adjusting to the curvature. YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Either the plane follows the curvature....or it has to adjust for the curvature. Which is it?

ALL of the telemetry data show that it's a flat earth.

2) Signal interference? How about all of the satellite phones stop working after reaching a certain altitude? How do you explain that.

3) Look at the space balloon videos....all of it show the sun close. I don't care what NASA says...the video evidence shows otherwise.

1) err....I never said anything about rockets. I only said planes follow the curvature of the earth.

2) I don't own a cell phone, IPOD, or any other device with GPS, so yeah, I'm probably not the right person to ask.

3) I don't know what you're talking about. The sun looks far away to me, and it looks far away in all the pictures I see. Millions of miles away. If I had to guess, I would say it looks 94 or 95 million miles away.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you not heard of aereonautical cruise???? How can you say planes follow the curvature of the earth?!? What kind of logic/science is that!

Most planes cruise at a constant altitude:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_(aeronautics)

Technically, cruising consists of heading (direction of flight) changes only at a constant airspeed and altitude

You CANNOT have it both ways. A plane cannot be adjusting for curvature AND not adjusting for curvature at the same time.

Which is it?

How can they cruise at a constant altitude? Remember, it's 580 mph......with the curvature being 8" per mile.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i can't fathom how there could be a "flat" earth.....

there's a "core" in the center of the earth, right?

And it's really super hot?

And there's volcanoes that spew molten hot lava (from the earth's core)

And there's well, "gravity"

Then there's the moon....and it's round....isn't it?

how could the earth be "flat"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic

Hi,

The altimeter in an airplane is a pressure device:

In aircraft, an aneroid barometer measures the atmospheric pressure from a static portoutside the aircraft. Air pressure decreases with an increase of altitude—approximately 100 hectopascals per 800 meters or one inch of mercury per 1000 feet near sea level.

The aneroid altimeter is calibrated to show the pressure directly as an altitude above mean sea level, in accordance with a mathematical model defined by the International Standard Atmosphere (ISA). Older aircraft used a simple aneroid barometer where the needle made less than one revolution around the face from zero to full scale. This design evolved to altimeters with a primary needle and one or more secondary needles that show the number of revolutions, similar to a clock face. In other words, each needle points to a different digit of the current altitude measurement. However this design has fallen out of favor due to the risk of misreading in stressful situations. The design evolved further to drum-type altimeters, the final step in analogue instrumentation, where each revolution of a single needle accounted for 1,000 feet, with thousand foot increments recorded on a numerical odometer-type drum. To determine altitude, a pilot had first to read the drum to determine the thousands of feet, then look at the needle for the hundreds of feet. Modern analogue altimeters in transport aircraft are typically drum-type. The latest development in clarity is an Electronic flight instrument system with integrated digital altimeter displays. This technology has trickled down from airliners and military planes until it is now standard in many general aviation aircraft.

Modern aircraft use a "sensitive altimeter,". On a sensitive altimeter, the sea-level reference pressure can be adjusted with a setting knob. The reference pressure, in inches of mercury in Canada and the US, and hectopascals (previously millibars) elsewhere, is displayed in the small Kollsman window,[5] on the face of the aircraft altimeter. This is necessary, since sea level reference atmospheric pressure at a given location varies over time with temperature and the movement of pressure systemsin the atmosphere.

Diagram showing the internal components of the sensitive aircraft altimeter.
In aviation terminology, the regional or local air pressure at mean sea level (MSL) is called the QNH or "altimeter setting", and the pressure that will calibrate the altimeter to show the height above ground at a given airfield is called the QFE of the field. An altimeter cannot, however, be adjusted for variations in air temperature. Differences in temperature from the ISA model will accordingly cause errors in indicated altitude.

In aerospace, the mechanical stand-alone altimeters which are based on diaphragmbellows were replaced by integrated measurement system which is called Air data computer (ADC). This module measures altitude, speed of flight and outside temperature to provide more precise output data allowing automatic flight control and Flight leveldivision. Multiple altimeters can be used to design a Pressure Reference System to provide information about airplane's position angles to further support Inertial navigation system calculations.

LOVE,

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What research have you done? NONE.
i can't fathom how there could be a "flat" earth.....

there's a "core" in the center of the earth, right?

And it's really super hot?

And there's volcanoes that spew molten hot lava (from the earth's core)

And there's well, "gravity"

Then there's the moon....and it's round....isn't it?

how could the earth be "flat"?

Huh? The bible said the core of the earth is hot before scientists even found that out. It never used the word core. It said underneath......which implies a flat earth.

Not even a scientist can explain what gravity is. Math and theoritical psuedo science isn't an explanation.

Moon could be 2-d for all we care. No one has proved it is spherical.

All you have done is believe NASA and people in white lab coats.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What research have you done? NONE.

Huh? The bible said the core of the earth is hot before scientists even found that out. It never used the word core. It said underneath......which implies a flat earth.

Not even a scientist can explain what gravity is. Math and theoritical psuedo science isn't an explanation.

Moon could be 2-d for all we care. No one has proved it is spherical.

All you have done is believe NASA and people in white lab coats.

I can look at the moon and see it's round.

Is there "gravity" or not?

And where would this molten lava come from? The "bottom" of a flat earth?

Regarding "underneath" in reference to hot lava, yes. it IS underneath layers of earth.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can look at the moon and see it's round.

Is there "gravity" or not?

Regarding "underneath" in reference to hot lava, yes. it IS underneath layers of earth.

I meant spherical.

Not even science can explain gravity. Math cannot explain it. 1 + 1 = 2....how do you know that? Because it is connected to the physical world, to reality, to something observable. E=MC^2...that is a hoax, it is deception, it is not observable at all.

There is so much evidence for a flat earth, but none of you can answer the basic simple 3 questions I asked above.

Volcanoes....
Revelation 14:11:
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I meant spherical.

Not even science can explain gravity. Math cannot explain it. 1 + 1 = 2....how do you know that? Because it is connected to the physical world, to reality, to something observable. E=MC^2...that is a hoax, it is deception, it is not observable at all.

There is so much evidence for a flat earth, but none of you can answer the basic simple 3 questions I asked above.

Is there gravity or not?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That's why the Chinese have so much pollution.

Upvote 0