Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Calvin was seriously mistaken in what he taught, but all five of his points that are now known as the ‘Five Points of Calvinism’ were very solidly deduced from his premise that God is absolutely sovereign. The problem, of course, was that his premise was wrong—on the very day that God created Adam, God surrendered to man much of His sovereignty, an act that He very greatly regretted soon afterward,* but He did not reclaim His sovereignty.

The belief that God “chose those whom He loved and because He loved them” not only has no Biblical support of any kind, it is expressly taught against in both the Old and the New Testaments. It is an extremely serious false doctrine, but since it is not a myth of Calvinism, it is off topic and I will not comment in this thread any further on the doctrine.

* Genesis 6:5. The Lord saw that the wickedness of humankind was great in the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually.
6. And the Lord was sorry that he had made humankind on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. (NRSV)

In another thread your post was against Genisis being truth?

Now it is used as a reference, why would sosomeone quote what they deny?

Upvote 0

PrincetonGuy

Veteran
Feb 19, 2005
U.S.A.
✟105,960.00
Faith
Baptist
In another thread your post was against Genisis being truth?

Now it is used as a reference, why would sosomeone quote what they deny?

I quoted Genesis to teach a biblical truth—just like Jesus did! That does NOT mean that either Jesus or I believed in the historicity of Genesis 1-11.

Upvote 0
A

Awaken4Christ

Quote by PrincetonGuy

"
I quoted Genesis to teach a biblical truth—just like Jesus did! That does NOT mean that either Jesus or I believed in the historicity of Genesis 1-11."

Luke 17:26

"Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man."

So Christ doesn't believe in the Historicity of Noah's account? Does that mean he doesn't believe in the historicity of The Days of the Son of Man?

Hmm where in the text does this say that IT ISNT a historical story?

Or lets Go to Paul...

Romans 5:12
"

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—"

Does Paul lie here? If you dont believe in the historicity of Genesis, then wouldn't that make Paul A Liar?

I am sorry but your argumentation seems to be closer to someone who appreciates things in the bible, but doesn't believe all the things contained therein.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I quoted Genesis to teach a biblical truth—just like Jesus did! That does NOT mean that either Jesus or I believed in the historicity of Genesis 1-11.

Quote by PrincetonGuy

"
I quoted Genesis to teach a biblical truth—just like Jesus did! That does NOT mean that either Jesus or I believed in the historicity of Genesis 1-11."

Luke 17:26

"Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man."

So Christ doesn't believe in the Historicity of Noah's account? Does that mean he doesn't believe in the historicity of The Days of the Son of Man?

Hmm where in the text does this say that IT ISNT a historical story?

Or lets Go to Paul...

Romans 5:12
"

Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—"

Does Paul lie here? If you dont believe in the historicity of Genesis, then wouldn't that make Paul A Liar?

I am sorry but your argumentation seems to be closer to someone who appreciates things in the bible, but doesn't believe all the things contained therein.

tumblr_lts0cu3qMA1r22325o2_500.gif

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Did you happen to realize Jesus was there?

Quote:
Before Abraham was I AM.

If Jesus said it he meant it.

2 Peter: 2. 1. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. 4. For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 5. And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

I guess we toss out the Gospel of Peter as well.

1 Peter: 3. 19. By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20. Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

2 Peter: 3. 1. This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: 2. That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: 3. Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4. And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6. Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7. But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
This is exactly how God's Word get twisted into a fable.

First it starts with a denial of some of the Old Testament, but then to support opinions, the critic must deny the New Testament as well even to the point of saying Christ did not mean what he said.

The Apostles must be corrected as well.

Either you believe God's Word or you don't there are no fences to ride.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It does, how can we know what the foundation of Calvinism is if we deny the Word it was formed from?

I didn't know that the foundation of Calvinism was the subject of the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums