Firmly planted

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“We are always in the presence of God……There is never a nonsacred moment! His presence never diminishes. Our awareness of His presence my falter, but the reality of His presence never changes.”

MAX LUCADO

“How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked…..But delights in the law of the Lord….He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water.”

Psalm 1:1-3 NASB

I took these Scriptures out of context, I used the first part of verse one and the first part of verse two and three. What really speaks to me is being a “tree firmly planted by streams of water.” As I look out my window this morning I observe the large trees by the creek. I am sitting no more than 15 feet from the place where there used to be a bedroom, and the place where my mother gave birth to me 59 years ago. I didn’t grow up in this house, but coming from a military family my grand parents home was the only place constant in a life that was always changing. We lived here when we were in-between being stationed from one place to another, and many summers I remember staying with Granny and Papa and Sharron and Jimmy, my aunt and uncle that are closer to my own age. My mother was born here on the property, and my father was born just a few miles north of here, so even though I did not grow up here, my heritage and many memories as a young boy are centered here. My Granny measured me on a post in the barn by notching it with a knife from the time I was three until I returned from Vietnam at the age of twenty-one. I have seen many changes in the house and farm over the last fifty-some years. One of the changes are the trees by the creek. When I was a kid the cattle kept the area down by the creek clear of the foliage. The clear water would flow over the large flat rocks in the creek bed. Today without the help of grazing cattle, the bank of the creek has trees growing along its side. There is one sycamore tree that is “firmly planted by the stream of water,” that over the last thirty years has reached a height of seventy feet. I have seen the creek rise very high in the springtime and that tree just stands as the water flows around it. It is firmly planted and it reminds me of how I should be in my faith. If I do not walk in the counsel of the un-godly, if I delight in the law of the Lord and meditate on it day and night, I have the promise that I will be like a tree planted firmly by the streams of water. Even though the roaring waters of life rush on me, I will not be moved. My roots are not planted on the surface but in the deeper levels of the promises of God. I cannot be moved, but I must avoid the counsel of the un-godly. Thanks for letting me share. God is doing for me what I could not do for myself……….JRE

“What will it profit a man if he gains his cause, and silences his adversary, if at the same time he loses that humble tender frame of spirit in which the Lord delights, and to which the promise of His presence is made!”

John Newton

Reactions: angelwind

Levi44

Feb 26, 2005
Norfolk, VA
✟1,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“We are always in the presence of God……There is never a nonsacred moment! His presence never diminishes. Our awareness of His presence my falter, but the reality of His presence never changes.”
MAX LUCADO

“How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked…..But delights in the law of the Lord….He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water.”

Psalm 1:1-3 NASB
That was and awesome devotion! May God richly bless you - Hedi

Upvote 0