✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
MichaelJFJ said:
Wow, I haven't seen a more inside-out argument in a long time. My head hurts.

I know my comments are in often allegorical. I'll try to explain better next time.

MichaelJFJ said:
Poly - my 'insideout' comment wasn't aimed at you. Really, you and Oddwhatever should follow the posts closely before responding.

Perhaps you could try not being disrespectful. If you follow my posts closely then you will see that I have properly quoted your name every time.

Polycarp1 said:
My original comment about Mary and the woman taken in adultery was in reference to the fact that God called Mary to be mother of Christ when she was unwed -- betrothed but not yet married. And Jesus taught mercy not legalism. And yes, Mary is invoked to teach kids in Catholic schools, as a rule, unless policy has changed drastically since my childhood friendships with kids attending the local parochial school.

Looking at it from the other perspective, that of actions entailing consequences and the need to take responsibility and be a good role model, it does "take two to tango" except in the unique case of Jesus's conception, and the man is equally guilty of whatever sin you care to assign to the conception of this child. Therefore, he should receive equal treatment. And if you don't think the kids realize that, you haven't talked seriously with elementary-school kids recently. They may be unclear on the mechanics, but they know that a baby requires a daddy as well as a mommy in order to be born.

Good Post.

Upvote 0