MehTeh

Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
✟15,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now most of us here are completely single, perennially single and we often fall into despondency as we consider our singledom.

So I was starting to slide into negative thoughts last night when thinking about the challenges ahead which then rolled into this morning when I began to think about what makes me feel worthy of being loved.

Now obviously we can rest in confidence that God loves us, and He has called us by name. But sometimes it's that recognition of worth in from another person that makes a difference to us when we are down.

So I'm wondering what makes you feel of worth?

For me it's someone close to me taking the time for a chat or receiving an unexpected hug, as opposed to me giving a hug. If I'm really in a bad way it can be as simple as someone saying hello or thanks.

How about you?

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Today I had a wonderful morning when a friend online reminded me of my worth in Christ and how He is challenging and changing me. I love it when someone asks me to look deep inside me and find out the real issues that are going. We discussed for a long time the word of the Lord and how it is reflected in our daily lives. I find nothing more amazing than when someone turns my focus away from my self and points it straight to the cross. I love talking about the Lord but sometimes I get lost in my daily struggles. I end up complaining instead of rejoicing. I gossip instead of pray. It was a timely reminder of what is really important to me.

But I always enjoy talking with others about the things that are closest to my heart. I also enjoy being trusted with other peoples ideas, thoughts, opinoins and desires. I think there is somthing quite natural in wanting to spend time with other people encouraging, unlifting and supporting them.

Another thing is a like to get litte presents that reflect what I like. I find when people take the time to listen to others they understand what the really like. My students have brought me in coffee as well as a mug recently. Little gifts that show they care but also reflect who I am. They listen to what I say, they watch what I do and they want to give me something that I will enjoy. It has helped me to remember what I am here.

Upvote 0

watchingwaiting

Seeks Progression
Apr 28, 2011
✟15,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So I'm wondering what makes you feel of worth?

For me it's someone close to me taking the time for a chat or receiving an unexpected hug, as opposed to me giving a hug. If I'm really in a bad way it can be as simple as someone saying hello or thanks.

How about you?

I have a hard time finding value in much of anything from anyone anymore. It's momentarily genuine and felt but not lasting nor consistant. I've felt the loweset sense of value when it involved another person whether it was in a relationship or blood. I hope this is not degrading the post, but moreso encouraging our leaning on God for ultimate satisfaction.

But yes, the little every day things already listed are nice and accepted.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not related to love per se, but definitely made me feel immense worth: at work my boss told me she didn't know what she would do without me.
I have to admit, when I get passed my initial, "huh?" moment when my boss shows mass appreciation for what I do, it does make me feel like I have a little more worth. I sometimes hate that this is the case, but yea I have to admit to that as well.

Upvote 0

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have to admit, when I get passed my initial, "huh?" moment when my boss shows mass appreciation for what I do, it does make me feel like I have a little more worth. I sometimes hate that this is the case, but yea I have to admit to that as well.

It just validates that you work your butt off and someone recognizes this!
But a pay raise to back it up is nice too. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not related to love per se, but definitely made me feel immense worth: at work my boss told me she didn't know what she would do without me. If I ever left, she was coming with me.

That's worth more than any payraise right now.

:thumbsup:

That is amazing. I had completely forgotten that there are positive employers out there.

I think I find my worth in helping others. I have a need to feel needed. I'm pretty open that I struggle with the belief that I am loved for how much I can give, not just myself. But regardless of that issue, I do feel like I am at my best when helping someone else.

What makes me feel loved and appreciated is gifts. Yes, I am one of those people. I like mementos and things I can hold and remember where I got it from. Its why my bookshelves are covered with little things. Like a small stuffed animal monkey my youngest brothers bought me when they were touring battlefields in the South. Or the dollar store tiara I got from a very close friend when she threw me a surprise party for my birthday. All of those have special meanings for me and always make me feel loved.

I don't need physical touch or lots of time or attention to feel loved. Just a little reminder that I am important to someone is the greatest thing to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums