Finding tidbits...

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
This thread is dedicated to those things that are little by themselves but interesting and you would love to share without making a whole thread on it. This is the thread for tidbits of interest.

Take for example... That word in the Hebrew is זוג which is pronounce as "zug" and means to join or to yoke and can be translated as to marry.The interesting thing I discovered is when you dissect the word and look at each letter that makes up the word.The first letter is a Zayin and is a z.It is also the letter for a man.The second letter is a Vav and is a V or a U and means to connect or join.The last letter is a Gimel and is the letter for a woman, so when you look at the hebrew word "Zug" you get a picture of a man and a woman being joined or yoked together in marriage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truthfrees

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Jospehus does mention Yeshua...

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Antiquities_of_the_Jews/Book_XVIII#Chapter_3

The Antiquities of the Jews/Book XVIII
3. Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross,[9] those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day;[10] as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Before someone else tells you, many believe that was an interpolation and it probably was, he was writing for the Romans and since they killed Him it wouldn't have been looked favorably upon to write that in there.

The part about the Gentiles does not ring true with the gospel accounts. Also the part about the 'Tribe of Christians' is off as well as saying they are not extinct at this day. Josephus was born just a couple years after the crucifixion so it wasn't that long of a time as it asserts. :)

Upvote 0

Taom Ben Robert

Roman Catholic
Apr 22, 2015
U.S.
✟21,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Before someone else tells you, many believe that was an interpolation and it probably was, he was writing for the Romans and since they killed Him it wouldn't have been looked favorably upon to write that in there.

The part about the Gentiles does not ring true with the gospel accounts. Also the part about the 'Tribe of Christians' is off as well as saying they are not extinct at this day. Josephus was born just a couple years after the crucifixion so it wasn't that long of a time as it asserts. :)

To be fair , many scholars argue an favor of it being authentic as well , and the part of the Gentiles Does ring true , the early church was not solely Jews , but a mix of Jews and a minority of Gentiles ( Legion leading his people to Christ for example)

Upvote 0