Aug 25, 2013
England
✟15,480.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I stood in the hallway of my flat seven years ago and said to God:

"I am 40 years old. Am I ever going to have a girlfriend, get married and have kids? Because if I am not, then please remove these desires from my very being"

Actually, it was more of a petulant outburst with fists punching the sky.

7 years later I type these words as a married man with 3 children. God often reminds me of that time in my hallway when I get angry at the missus for overspending at Primark on vanity products and the kids have defaced my precious wallpaper with violent scribbles, wretched creature that I am.

Reactions: ~ Gig ~
Upvote 0

watergem40

Aug 29, 2013
West Babylon, NY
✟7,678.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can completely relate. I understand how being lonely like that just hurts so much. I too have cried many weekends(including today) praying to God to meet my desires.

As onenarrowdoor said, I asked him to take it away as well if it is not meant to be. I can only assume he will bring me a husband because the desire is still there. Sadly I have not found a way to not feel it except to just try to go do something and most times I just burry myself in the bible, read, pray and keep reading and praying. And yes, I may be crying as I do it but after I tend to feel better knowing God has heard me. I will pray for you and I really believe we are not meant to be alone. Just know there are many of us out there that suffer the same way.

God bless you!!

Upvote 0
A

allr4hisglory218

Wendy thanks for sharing your story with all of us. I can definitely feel your pain and thought I was the only one. I lost my husband over a year ago and life has been difficult ever since. I know God loves me and he is there for me but sometimes I feel so lonely and wonder will I ever find true love again.

So recently I have been getting out more, serving in my church and trying to meet new people everyday, it doesn't take away the loneliness but it helps me to keep my sanity and to stay focused.

Reactions: ~ Gig ~
Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I stood in the hallway of my flat seven years ago and said to God:

"I am 40 years old. Am I ever going to have a girlfriend, get married and have kids? Because if I am not, then please remove these desires from my very being"

Actually, it was more of a petulant outburst with fists punching the sky.

7 years later I type these words as a married man with 3 children. God often reminds me of that time in my hallway when I get angry at the missus for overspending at Primark on vanity products and the kids have defaced my precious wallpaper with violent scribbles, wretched creature that I am.
That is great post:thumbsup:
I am 40 years old guy, and am still single, with no kids. I still have the desire to get a girlfriend, get married and have children. I not sure what God has for me yet, to either remain single or not.

God bless you.

Upvote 0
W

wsmccurry

Wendy, please do not give up on finding love. My wife and I got together when we were 40. It can happen. We got married when we were 43 and both of us thank God everyday for finding each other. We knew each other in high school but never dated (actually she wouldn't go out with me then) and hadn't seen or talked to each other in 22 years. When we met again we lived just over a 1000 miles apart but that was nothing for the Lord to overcome. We were both divorced and figured we were done with relationships after so many years (in her case 9) but God had different plans for us. Just be patient and let God work his will. I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0
O

oneForgiven45

Hi

New to this site and have been reading the different threads for a while before I decided to join and respond. I am also a 40 some yr.old women that has never married and has no children. I find that is hard to find love in your forties. It seems even harder for a never married. I do think finding love is easier for some people in their 40's that have been married and have had children. I would say to everyone who is single and looking for love in their 40's not to be discouraged. It is easy to be in this sinful world. All the more reason to trust Jesus and to only really rely on Him for our meaning and identify.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums