Finding a Bible study for long distance friends?

hales13

Dec 3, 2014
✟7,611.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello!
My friend and I are wanting to start a Bible study together, but we really have no idea where to begin and are looking for suggestions. I think a little history on our friendship would be beneficial.

He and I met when he was 12 and I was 10. I am now 20 and he's 22. We fell in love over the years and dated off and on for many years. He has always lived in Texas, and I've always lived in Arkansas. He lives next door to my Granny and Cousins, so when ever I went to visit, we were always spending time together and getting to know each other better. A couple years ago, I went to stay with my grandma for three months, in which time he and I dated, but got in a huge fight, resulting in my leaving Texas early. Now, we have started talking again and are looking to get to know each other more and pursue a friendship and see if it could eventually lead anywhere else, but not expecting it to.We would like to further our personal relationships with God with each other. We are planning on doing this Bible study long distance, so we would individually do our studies and then talk on the phone once a week and discuss what we've read and learned.

So, my question for all of you is, how would we go about starting a Bible study together? Is there a book you can recommend to us?

Thank you in advance for any advice or recommendations!

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a good question to ask at www.biblecounsel.net, which has a good and simple Bible Study for new or seeking believers. Also, one can ask Bible questions there and receive a personal reply.

One seeking God's ways needs to first know they are saved, and that is found in John 1; John 3; and John 14 with much prayer to God for teaching and leading. Thereafter, one should understand the difference between the OT and NT, and seek Church Truth and Spiritual Life in the NT. The OT is more about history and understanding of God's dealings with mankind.

Upvote 0