visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It took me a long time to determine what this sin is. Now I believe it is a permanent hardening of the heart against Jesus. The Holy Spirit is what leads us to Christ by revealing him to us and also revealing the truth about our sinful nature. If we are so hard-hearted, we won't see that.

Matthew 12:31-32 is where Jesus talks about the blasphemy, but if you read a few verses down, he goes on to say 'Out of the heart, the mouth speaks.' He's saying that what we say shows the condition of our heart. Therefore, in order to say (and mean) something against the Holy Spirit, you have to have your heart hardened against him--against his testimony about who Jesus is, or maybe the miracles that he performed with the Holy Spirit's power.

God isn't a legalistic nitpicker. If someone gets drunk and says something against the Holy Spirit, something they didn't mean, is God going to hold that against them and never forgive them for it? I sincerely doubt it. If someone with Tourette syndrome says something against the Holy Spirit that they don't mean, will God not forgive them? Again, I doubt He would withhold forgiveness.

We need to think about the character of God--who He is and what He wants. He is love, and He wants all men to be saved. Not only that, but Jonah says that God is 'quick to change his mind and not punish'. There are numerous verses in the Bible that suggest that anyone who comes to Jesus, regardless of what they've done in the past, will be accepted. If those Pharisees had realized the error of their ways and come to Jesus with repentant hearts, asking for his forgiveness, would he have withheld it from them? Again, I sincerely doubt it.

Just my take on it :) I've heard that it's not so much a sin that God WON'T forgive, but a sin that a person who had truly committed it would never WANT Him to forgive (because their heart was so hardened).
Yes... and God is preparing a people to be able to stand in His Presence for all eternity.... Sin can't... It is like wax in His Presence. If we are a part or have sin be a part of us, we too will melt before Him. .. like the mountains.

Micah 1:4 And the mountains shall be molten under him, and the valleys shall be cleft, as wax before the fire, and as the waters that are poured down a steep place.

We will not be able to stand in His Presence. That is why this arduous process of removing sin from the sinner. This is why overcoming is so important. This is why the fall feasts let you know there is an anointed time when the next stage of removing the whole sin of all time is once and for all going to be gone and no believer will fail when temptation comes and Yeshua can ceremonially laying it on the scapegoat [LaSatan]. Yeshua will finally be able to put the finishing touch on dealing with sin and giving His believers a well deserved rest. Then Daniel's prophecy will come true. Transgression will be finished, there will be an end of sins, and the reconciliation between God and man will be complete and He can bring in everlasting righteousness..

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, or anything else of this nature, is defined by our reason and not by the text, then we're basically guessing. We may guess right, but we don't need to guess, we have the text.

If we're gonna speculate without quoting the text, I'd be far more interested in hearing speculation dealing with the question of why God would forgive blasphemy against himself and against his son, but not against the Holy Spirit.

I believe the blasphemy of the holy spirit is the performing of false miracles and works to fool others the time has come

That's what they accuse Jesus of ... Performing the signs and wonders of the age of the messiah through falsehood...they thought he was a false prophet performing miracles not by gods power but by beelzabub or demonic forces which is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

In the future man will once again perform signs and wonders in the name of the Holy Spirit saying it is of God that these things are so... Yet it is blasphemy because they are really the works of man and not of gods spirit ...causing men to fall away from the true faith through deception ... Jesus reveals that in doing such things is unforgivable...

To pretend or fake the false messianic age to come for instance ...all involved will be unforgiven for creating the false messianic age causing many to fall away from the faith ....

To pretend the promise messiah has come is another instance of blasphemy against what God truly plans for the world which is all come to know his beloved son as lord

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it's a coincidence that this thread was revived today after 3 months 'down time'.

I just got done watching these videos before I came online here and it is a great example of what I think is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Some believe it is giving credit to the adversary that which comes from G-d, but it can be the opposite too.

What better way for the Adversary to fool humans that love G-d by making them look like idiots, and to have them credit the HS with this when it is actually demonic.

Please take some time to watch.

SHOCKING DOCUMENTARY 1- False spirits invade the church - KUNDALINI WARNING

SHOCKING DOCUMENTARY 2- False spirits invade the church - KUNDALINI WARNING

SHOCKING DOCUMENTARY 3- False spirits invade the church - KUNDALINI WARNING

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw a post on fb Benny hinn slapping people with his coat and people would fall down... Though he glorifies Jesus ... To perform false miracles in the name of holy spirit for financial gain is a form of blasphemy ...

Upvote 0