Finally finding God.

mrsrebeccag

Jun 15, 2006
✟7,617.00
Faith
Christian
Hello! I have been living life in the "fast lane" and it just caught up to me last week. I've made a lot of bad decisions and choices in my life and my husband was just arrested for something that I know he didn't do (and have witnesses that he did not do it, either). This is all because of people who live in sin and are overwhelmed with greed. My husband and I have decided that we need something stronger than us to help us during this time and for the rest of our lives and have decided to start going to church and living a better life. I really feel like this was God's way of telling us that the life we were leading was not productive or positive, and not the path that he had chosen for us. I am so happy now that he is trying to have me lead a better life, and I'm so glad that I opened my eyes enough to see it. Although what my husband and I are going through right now is terrible, it almost feels like a blessing in disguise - a way to repair our lives and our marriage and see what truly is important in life, because we had been too concerned with material possesions and things that in retrospect, are not important at all.

I was just wondering what my next step should be. Can anyone reccomend a good bible for someone who is new to this? Any good web sites to visit? Any good churches in Phoenix, AZ (prefferably for young married couples although I would be going alone for the next month or so) or anything else you can offer me for advice. I could not be more happy that this happened and I appreciate all your help!

ImHisServant

Let Everything That Has Breath Praise The Lord!!
Jun 21, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟18,039.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to the Christian Forums Rebecca!!! What an awesome post... I was dancing in my spirit reading it!! Although you are in a storm/trial right now... wow... I am thrilled that it opened your eyes and made you want to follow Jesus!!!

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
mrsrebeccag said:
Hello! I have been living life in the "fast lane" and it just caught up to me last week. I've made a lot of bad decisions and choices in my life and my husband was just arrested for something that I know he didn't do (and have witnesses that he did not do it, either). This is all because of people who live in sin and are overwhelmed with greed. My husband and I have decided that we need something stronger than us to help us during this time and for the rest of our lives and have decided to start going to church and living a better life. I really feel like this was God's way of telling us that the life we were leading was not productive or positive, and not the path that he had chosen for us. I am so happy now that he is trying to have me lead a better life, and I'm so glad that I opened my eyes enough to see it. Although what my husband and I are going through right now is terrible, it almost feels like a blessing in disguise - a way to repair our lives and our marriage and see what truly is important in life, because we had been too concerned with material possesions and things that in retrospect, are not important at all.

I was just wondering what my next step should be. Can anyone reccomend a good bible for someone who is new to this? Any good web sites to visit? Any good churches in Phoenix, AZ (prefferably for young married couples although I would be going alone for the next month or so) or anything else you can offer me for advice. I could not be more happy that this happened and I appreciate all your help!
Praise God, What a story. You sound so relieved. You are amazing with the right attitude. We sure can get ourselves in a mess, but to God it is so simple. Leave it and follow me. May you walk in His peace. Two links first one how to become a christian.

Christian Forums - FAQ Become a Christian#faq_christian

Second one New Christian forum

For New Christians - Christian Forums

I will be gald to talk with you if you wish. You can pm me or clik on the radio button on my page by the date. and send me a message. Are use the links to look around and post your questions.

Hello and Welcome

We are proud you joined our family.
May your time here be spent well.

May all your questions be answered.
May support be found in abundance.

Please visit often and bring all your friends.

You will find the most wonderful refreshments provided free.

I pray your cup will be full and running over with:

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness and faithfulness.

May the Grace and Mercy of our,
Lord, Jesus Christ
be with your spirit.

Upvote 0

Orchids

never grow up
Nov 9, 2004
California
✟17,131.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
flowerline.gif

Welcome to Christian Forums. :wave:

Check out the FAQs at the top of the page. This will help you with any questions.​

flowerline.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

""

Jul 8, 2005
✟27,472.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:wave:

I have a link for you.

http://www.usachurch.com/arizona/phoenix/churches.htm

If you click on that, it will take you to a page, where you can pick the type of church you're looking for, in Phoenix, and it will give you a list of them. Then you can find one near where you are. I hope this will be helpful.

In the meantime I am praying for you and your husband. I'm so happy that you found your way here. Please let me know if I can help you in any way, with navigating the forums, or just to talk.

hugs.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums