Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Does the EO believe that after the final judgment the damned/reprobates will be reunited with their bodies and suffer from physical pain in hell? The saved in heaven will enjoy full communion with God in heaven with their glorified in corrupt bodies?

It is my understanding hell is just God's love to those who hate God?

Either way, it sounds terrifying!

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Does the EO believe that after the final judgment the damned/reprobates will be reunited with their bodies and suffer from physical pain in hell?

the get their reunited bodies and are in torment, but the kind of torment we really don't know. the damned's glorified bodies would not experience pain like we do now. all we know is it will be worse.
The saved in heaven will enjoy full communion with God in heaven with their glorified in corrupt bodies?

yep, and the growth in Christ will never end.

It is my understanding hell is just God's love to those who hate God?

yeppers

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
the get their reunited bodies and are in torment, but the kind of torment we really don't know. the damned's glorified bodies would not experience pain like we do now. all we know is it will be worse.

yep, and the growth in Christ will never end.

yeppers

Why is it glorified though? I do not think being in hell would be very....glorious.

Basically, we do not know much about the final judgment? Also, no one is truly "dead"/in Hell until the final judgment? Am I correct?

Thanks!!! :)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why is it glorified though? I do not think being in hell would be very....glorious.

it's not if you have set your will and your soul to those things that lead to death, and everything in and around you points to the God who is Life.

Basically, we do not know much about the final judgment?

not the details. Christ returns and judges, and all are resurrected. if you have lived a life of virtue, the glorified and resurrected state will be paradise since that is where your heart leans. if you have lived a life of vice, the glorified and resurrected state will be hell since your heart is desiring everything opposite of that.

Also, no one is truly "dead"/in Hell until the final judgment? Am I correct?

right, those that are truly dead are those in hell.

Upvote 0