✟8,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pentecostal Boy said:
When he dies (since last time I checked no human can live forever lol:p ) what kind of govenment do you think Cuba will become?

Just another corrupt semi-democratic central/south american state.

Pentecostal Boy said:
Or do you think that the US will seize Cuba?

I dearly hope not, the last thing we need is another black hole into which to pour our money.

Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it would be great if all the Fidel haters here in south Florida would just head back to Cuba after his death.

I'm so tired of the sense of entitlement most of these people have and the endless butt kissing that politicians of all parties do to them.

Then they could end the 'wet foot/dry foot' discrimination policy and start treating people equally.

I know, silly me.

Reactions: Avatar
Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
HeyHomie said:
Castro will hand-pick his successor, who is likely to be as bad as he is, if not worse.

It is reported that his successor will be his brother (Raul?) who is in charge of the army. He is about 5 years younger than Fidel so he's no spring chicken either.

He is also totally lacking in the charisma department so it's very questionable as to whether he could hold things together like Fidel has by the force of his personality.

Living down here in south Florida, I know more about Cuba than any Canadian ever should :D

Upvote 0

robotneil

Jul 4, 2005
Tennessee
✟16,953.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
StromRider said:
I think it would be great if all the Fidel haters here in south Florida would just head back to Cuba after his death.

I'm so tired of the sense of entitlement most of these people have and the endless butt kissing that politicians of all parties do to them.

Then they could end the 'wet foot/dry foot' discrimination policy and start treating people equally.

I know, silly me.

I am not certain what you mean by sense of entitlement?

Upvote 0

robotneil

Jul 4, 2005
Tennessee
✟16,953.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Pentecostal Boy said:
When he dies (since last time I checked no human can live forever lol:p ) what kind of govenment do you think Cuba will become? Or do you think that the US will seize Cuba?

I think it will remain a Communist led dictatorship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

neverforsaken

Proud American now and always
Jan 18, 2005
Hawaii
✟3,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
StromRider said:

I know, silly me.

wow, i must say that i am actually kind of offended by that. but, this is america and like it or not, you have your right to tell "these people" what you want. But remember this, we are in america because it is the greatest country on earth, and not even the death of a horrible dictator will make cuba any better since it is the system of oppression that gives people or rather swine like fidel the ability to oppress. And FYI politicians are servants of the people, and if there are alot of cubans in a region, the politicians rely on them to get elected. So long as nothing illegal or unconstitutional or dangerous to our nations security is implemented, the voice of the people have the right to be heard.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
Pentecostal Boy said:
When he dies (since last time I checked no human can live forever lol:p ) what kind of govenment do you think Cuba will become? Or do you think that the US will seize Cuba?

The US will not seize Cuba unless there is some really good reason for it, like a terror organization coming to power. The US might try to influence the outcome, however.

Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
robotneil said:
I am not certain what you mean by sense of entitlement?

One gets the feeling they think 'What can the government - city, county, state, federal - do for us next?'

They (yes, I know I'm generalizing) seem to feel they are an upper class down here. Their disdain for the 'lesser' hispanics - Mexicans, Dominicans, etc - is astounding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
neverforsaken said:
And FYI politicians are servants of the people, and if there are alot of cubans in a region, the politicians rely on them to get elected.

It is the utter hypocrasy that gets me mad. If a boatload of Chinese refugees turns up on the west coast they would be sent back with no questions asked. This even though China has a far worse human rights record than Cuba.

Also, the embargo is supposed punish Fidel and make people want to change the system there. As opposed to China having favoured nation trading status and US companies falling all over themselves to do business there.

Then there are the Haitian refugees who turn up regularly down here. Haiti is one screwed up, horrible place to live right now. But, back on the boat with you, you're not Cuban so you don't deserve any special treatment.

Try watching stuff like this go one in your backyard for a few years and not get cynical about it.

Reactions: ACougar
Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Osel said:
His brother Raoul (who is a flaming homosexual by the way) is next in line.

I believe I mentioned in the 6th post in this thread that his brother (I spelled it wrong though) was going to be the successor. So why would you have to repeat that here?

Oh, I see. So you could get your little dig about homosexuals in. How nice. I forgot how important that was in the context of this conversation :doh:

Upvote 0

CCGirl

Resident Commie
Sep 21, 2005
Canada
✟27,370.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The Florida ex-Cubans need to take a flying leap .....you know what I mean! Talk about terrorists!:help:

Cuab is a wonderful, beautiful country, I love to go and hang out with the people!

It is far from the "oppressive, brutal regime" mentioned by a few on this thread!

Really, if you were allowed by your govt to visit the island, you would know that the lies perpetuated on the US people were astounding!:eek:

I had my wedding in Cuba in solidarity with the people in their struggle against US imperialism.

Most people I talked to said they would defend the revolution with their lives if invaded, and they are rightly very suspicious of US intentions.

Raoul is too old to take power, they do have eledtions there, i know this will come as a suprise to most US ers, but we who freely go to Cuba know the truth!

My family is looking into emigrating there to work with the people!:)

Reactions: SallyNow
Upvote 0