Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The key to understanding the written Word.
Is knowing the living Word

There are many saints sitting in Bible believing churches, but they are not in the Word for themselves.
The psalmist writes that the blessed man or woman who flourishes like a tree by water is the one who delights not under but "in the law of the LORD, and in His law meditates day and night." (Psalms 1:2, 3.

The great need for most believers is to "get into" the Word for themselves. Instead many are sitting in pews growing older, but not growing "in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2Peter 3:18

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Rev 22:12
I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give to every man the outcome of his works.

We are to be rewarded, not only for work done, but for burdens borne, and I am not sure but that the brightest rewards will be for those who have borne burdens without murmuring.

On that day He will take the lily, that has been growing so long among thorns, and lift it up to be the glory and wonder of all the universe; and the fragrance of that lily will draw forth ineffable praises from all the hosts of heaven.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Worthy And Godly Advice
From The Apostle Paul

Philippians 4:4 KJV Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

We have all kinds of troubles and trials in this short life, but we are vastly different from those who have no hope. As Christians, we have Christ as the Lord over our lives and spiritual riches beyond human imagination. We will always have reasons to rejoice in the Lord, regardless of how bad our temporary, earthly circumstances are. We should guard against ingratitude to God for all that He has given us and remember that all good things come from Him. Rejoicing in the Lord helps us to keep this short life in the proper perspective. We are the children of the Most High - children of hope and promise. Let us show our thanks and gratitude to God by always rejoicing in the Lord. He is with us every step of the way, so this is a Christian Joy that should not be dependent on our temporary and current circumstances. In other words, we shouldn't be rejoicing in the Lord only during good times.

Philippians 4:5 KJV Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

Being kind, gentle, and reasonable with others is one way of showing Christian love. "The Lord is at hand" has been understood in more than one way. The Lord is Coming soon, but He is already with us and sees all that we do. How we treat others should be pleasing to the Lord.

Philippians 4:6 KJV Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

"Careful" should actually be translated as anxious - things we worry and frett about. It's not realistic to say that Christians are never anxious and don't worry about things, but we have better things to do than let trials and troubles consume us. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us and cares about our needs - however small or large. The Apostle Paul is saying here that everything should be a matter of prayer, and all of our prayers should involve thanksgiving. This is part of our daily fellowship with God. Prayer should not be reserved for just the bad times, rather all times. God knows our condition and needs, but He wants to hear it from us - His children. We would not subject an earthly father to silence, so how much greater should the concern be when talking about our Heavenly Father.

Philippians 4:7 KJV And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

This is the benefit of living a life according to Philippians 4:4-6. We can have a peace and rest that can't be obtained in any other way. This peace is obviously from God, and it gets greater as our focus on Him becomes greater. This doesn't hint that Christians won't have trials and troubles, but we can certainly have a different way of dealing with them. It's really about having God as the core and head over our lives and trusting Him in all things.

There is much more than just peace and rest:

Psalms 91:1-2 KJV He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
How important is it to learn wisdom from God, and then to live wisely in this world that He has created?

Your eternal soul depends upon, for the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom—fear of the Lord is the Old Testament equivalent of salvation in the New Testament.

May we learn to obey what God has clearly said, and not to deviate.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Isaiah 35:8
"The wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein"
The way of holiness is straight and plain that the simplest minds cannot go astray if they constantly follow it.
The worldly wise have many twists and turns, and yet they make terrible blunders.
Worldly policy is a poor short-sighted thing, and when men choose it as their road, it leads them over dark mountains.
Never for a moment attempt to help by a falsehood, or by a questionable act; but let him keep in the middle of the high road of truth and integrity, and he will be following the best possible course.
In our lives we must never practice circular sailing, nor dream of shuffling. Be just and fear not. Follow Jesus and heed no evil consequences.
If the worst of ills could be avoided by wrong-doing, we should, in the very attempt, have fallen into an evil worse than any other ill could be.
God's way must be the best way.
Follow it though men think you a fool, and you will be truly wise.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

There are ways of forgetting God if we are not careful.

We forget God when we live as if He doesn't exist.
We claim His Name and do our religious duties, but our daily lives are lived as if He isn't even there.
We speak His Name but our worship is not His, other gods get our attention and worship as well.

Gods such as materialism, humanism, work, family, education, self.... Such are our gods of baal that worm their way into our lives if we are not careful.
To worship God along with others is to forget Him and not to worship Him at all.
Give heart and soul and mind and strength To serve the King of Kings."

Let us be sure that we truly love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength, living lives that reveal we do.

May it never be said about God's people;
"They have forgotten God;

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Proverbs 29:11
A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back.

Pouting, yelling, screaming, fist-pounding... All the result of a rotten temper. Most of us expect such behavior from young children. They are immature and foolish when it comes to expressing anger or disappointment. They have not quite grasped the concept of properly expressing intense emotion.

Some people never grow out of it.
If children aren't led by their parents on how to handle emotions, they stay foolish. I think it is safe to say this type of foolish behavior tends to creep up in all of us once in a while. Some more than others.

How does the wise man handle anger?
Calmly. To say "a wise man holds it back" is not to say that a wise man bottles up his emotions.
Rather, the wise man knows how to best express how he feels. God never told us not to feel anger, sadness or disappointment. Our emotions are not sin. How we handle it is what determines whether or not we are acting in sin.

Whether or not we are being foolish or wise.
Like Jesus, we ought to be slow to anger and abounding in love. And when we do get angry, we need to remember: "In your anger, do not sin."

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We all know, there is always someone who will find fault with us, no matter what we do.
Some people just aren't happy unless they criticize. In times when we feel the most persecution, God waits for us with open arms.
He understands well what it is like to be mistreated for no good reason. He went to the cross in just that way. When times get rough, turn to the one who understands best. God will comfort you and give you the strength you need to persevere.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Psalm 91:14-16 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.

The same way our natural father disciplines us, our heavenly Father does also. He wants the best for us in every area of our life, just as our natural father does.
Sometimes if we seem to be getting off track and going in the wrong direction, we need to be corrected.
God does that because He loves us so much. Even if we have taken the wrong direction, God loves us unconditionally and forgives us.
He puts us in the right direction, if we listen to Him. He will never force anything on you, He gives you a choice.

There is no other love greater than God's love. Even our natural father cannot love us in the way God does. Even if we make the wrong choice, he does not condemn us, or stop caring about us. He waits patiently on us to turn around.
He waits with His arms open.

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If we forget our Lord, we will find ourselves steeped in shame when we stand before Him.
To call Him Lord, master, Guardian, Friend requires commitment on our part.
We cannot take continually without giving something back.
Remember the Lord, and speak with joy in His presence, for you have known Him, and indeed He knows you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Where there is no vision of God, there is no fear of God, and where there is no fear of God life becomes cheap. Without a vision of God people have no identity, no boundaries, no direction, no purpose.
In such a climate people live selfish, without restraint and this leads to self destruction - the people perish.

We need to enter the temple with Isaiah and see God, Holy and seated upon the Throne. We need to see the "kindness and the severity of God"
We need to remember, that "it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God." We need to see God in Christ on a cross, dying once and for all, that we can live holy as God originally intended.

Yes, what we need first, foremost, and always in our lives, in our churches, is a clear, correct vision of God!
Without it we will perish.
With it we will live!

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man
living be justified.--Psalms 143:2.

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins
be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like
crimson, they shall be as wool.

Let him take hold of my strength that he may make peace with me; and he
shall make peace with me.--Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at
peace.

Being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus
Christ.--A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the
faith of Jesus Christ.--By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be
justified in his sight.

By him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye
could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus
Christ.

Isa. 1:18.Isa. 27:5. -Job. 22:21.Rom.
5:1. -Gal. 2:16. -Rom. 3:20.Acts
13:39.I Cor. 15:57.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Deuteronomy. 1:31.
The Lord thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place.--

I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.--In his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.--As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings: so the Lord alone did lead him.

Even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you:
I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.--
This God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee.--Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Hitherto hath the Lord helped us.

Exo. 19:4. -Isa. 63:9. -Deut. 32:11,12.
Isa 46:4. -Psa. 48:14.Psa 55:22.
-Matt. 6:25,32.I Sam. 7:12.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"Read it much, read it often, brood over it, think over it, meditate over it—meditate on the Word of God day and night.
When you are awake at night, think of a helpful verse. When you get up in the morning, no matter how you feel, think of a verse and make the Word of God the important element in your day.

The Holy Ghost wrote the Word, and if you make much of the Word, He will make much of you. It is through the Word that He reveals Himself. Between those covers is a living Book. God wrote it and it is still vital and effective and alive. God is in this Book, the Holy Ghost is in this Book, and if you want to find Him, go into this Book."

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
[SIZE=+1]Psalm 145:8-21 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power; To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down. The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works. The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever. [/SIZE]​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
1John 5:16
If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death.
There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
We have to make prayers not only for ourselves, but also for our brothers who sin, that their sins be not to death:
and yet he excepts that sin which is never forgiven, or the sin against the Holy Spirit, that is to say, universal and wilful falling away from the known truth of the gospel.
This is as if he said, let him ask the Lord to forgive him, and he will forgive him being so asked.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Ephesians 2:8-9
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; (and that’s where I get + nothing, because there’s nothing after that word faith.) and that not of yourselves: (there’s nothing you and I can do.
Why?
Because) it is the gift of God: (now how much work do you do for a gift? Nothing. The minute you do even a penny’s worth it’s no longer a gift, but rather it something you’ve worked for.) Not of works, lest any man should boast." Well you don’t see that brought out anywhere else in Scripture until we get to the apostle Paul, and his letters to Gentiles

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
1 Thessalonians 2:19-20
For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
For ye are our glory and joy.

Paul says that one of the great things he antisipates when Christ comes to take his church will be the opportunity to see these people whom he has led to the Lord.

The question I ask you...
"Is anyone going to be in heaven who will come up to you and thank you for having a part in giving out the Word of God"?
There may be someone that you have never known, someone from the other side of the earth, may come up to you and thank you.
He will thank you for being interested in getting out the Word of God, becaused the Word reached him and enabled him to be saved.
That, my friend, is going to be part of the reward we will get in heaven.
We need to recognize that.
It is a wonderful hope to look forward to the time when Christ Jesus takes the church out of this world.

It is even more joyous to know that someone who trusted Christ because of your witness will go along with you to meet the Lord!

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Did you ever hear of a man who got his health by being sick?
That is a Christian.
He gets rich by his losses, he rises by his falls, he goes on by being pushed back, he lives by dying, he grows by being diminished, and becomes full by being emptied.
Well, if the bad things work him so much good, what must his best things do?
If he can sing in a dungeon, how sweetly will he sing in heaven!

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Psalms 9:1
I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth (recount and tell aloud) all Your marvelous works and wonderful deeds!
Some Christians feel guilty when they are doing something that isn't "spiritual." Somehow or another, they feel the need to hurry through the grocery store, dash through the house cleaning, and rush through all the daily aspects of life that seem irrelevant to their faith.
They want to get back to doing something "spiritual" so God will be pleased with them again. God did not intend for you to hate the secular side of life. You can enjoy holiness and time with God even when you are doing daily chores, running errands, or taking the children somewhere they need to go.
Don't begrudge the routine things of life; see every activity as an opportunity to serve God with your whole heart.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.