Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We live in a world with skewed values, false promises and
fleeting fame. What can we boast in other than the steadfastness of
the Lord's love, the incredible riches of the Lord's grace, the
incomparable supply of the Lord's blessings, the sweetness of the
Lord's people, the mercy of the Lord's plan for our salvation, the
promise of the Lord's tomorrow, the ...? What other meaningful
boast is there than the Lord and his eternal grace?

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
1 Timothy 1:14
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Lord Jesus, I know Your grace that though You were rich, yet for my sake You became poor, that I through Your poverty I might become rich. Where sin abounded, grace abounded much more.

In the coming ages the Father might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward me in You, Jesus For by grace I have been saved through faith, and that not of myself; It is God's gift, not of works. lest I should boast. Knowing that I am not justified by the works of the law but by faith in You.

Jesus I have believed in You, that I might be justified by faith in You and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.
According to God's mercy... He saved me through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on me abundantly through You, Jesus Christ my Savior.

Father God, You bless me abundantly with grace and faith and love!
I praise You for Jesus and the gift of salvation by faith!
To You be the glory!

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thankful
That is to be your attitude toward others.
Believers are challenged to look at their loved ones, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and acquaintances with a spirit of gratefulness.

Know that as you read this, someone is giving thanks for you, for God's work in your life and for what you mean to the people around you.
You are also called to give thanks for those you know.
Even if those people are difficult, you can praise God that He is teaching you through them.

You will be amazed at how much God will bless you, making your love for them and for him grow through your thankfulness.

I never stop giving thanks
I remember you in my prayers

1 Corinthians 1:4
I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You know you can't earn God's love
But, how can you live your life in a manner that honors him and shows him you love him?

First - Be a person of integrity and honesty, and love everyone impartially.
Second - love mercy. Always model God's compassion and grace to others.
Third - Walk humbly with your God.
Acknowledge that God's great wisdom is more sufficient to guide you as you obey him.

This day, your life will show how much you love God when you act justly, love mercy, and accept his instruction with humility.

Deuteronomy 11:1
“Therefore you shall love the Lord your God, and keep His charge, His statutes, His judgments, and His commandments always.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Without Fault
Spotless, Flawless, Holy, without blemish, Beautiful.
These are all words that describe you because of what Jesus has done.

It is often easier to believe the negative things people say than to keep a steady heart knowing that Christ has taken away your failings.
Before you catalog your faults, call this to mind.... you are wonderfully created, beautifully forgiven, and absolutely flawless in God's sight.

Whatever others may say, whatever the world may prescribe, whatever you have been raised to believe.
God looks at you with great joy.
Praise him for transforming you and bringing you into his presence without fault.

Jude 1:24
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Scripture Prayer
Father God, Your love has been poured out in my heart by Your Holy Spirit who was given to me.
I did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but I received the adoption by whom I cry, "Abba Father"
The Spirit Himself bears witness with my spirit that I am Your child.
I believe in Your Son and have the witness in myself.

In this the love of God was manifested toward me, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that I might live through Him.
In Him I have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace.
That in the ages to come You might show the exceeding riches of Your grace. Father in Your kindness towards me in Christ Jesus.

Since, Lord God, You so loved me, I also ought to love others.

You are love, God! It's Your very nature!
Fill me with that love, I ask, so that I might honor You
As I love people with Your love.

Upvote 0

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Love is shown by the actions that back up a person's words. We
show our love for Jesus by what we do, especially by obeying what
he has taught us. Jesus, however, doesn't expect this demonstrated
love to be a one way street. He shows us his love for us by having
the Father send another Friend like himself to us. This Friend is
called the Advocate or Comforter or Helper in other translations.
The Father sends this Friend so that we will never be alone. We can
be confident that we will always have the presence of God in our
lives!

Father, words can't express my thanks for the gift of the Holy
Spirit. I know that even when I am by myself, that I am not alone.
I know that when earthly friends forsake or those close to me
betray me that your Presence is my Helper and my Friend. Thank you.
Please forgive me for not seeking this Friend's help and support in
times of trouble. Please make the presence of this Friend very
clear as I live my daily life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
Isaiah 12:1-2
1 Then you will say on that day, "I will give thanks to You, O Lord;
For although You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away,
And You comfort me.
2 "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the
Lord God is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."

Reactions: doc329
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Awake to righteousness
And do not sin.
I am a son of light and of the day. Therefore I will not sleep, Lord God, as others do, but will watch and be sober.

It is high time to awake out of sleep, for now my salvation is nearer than when I first believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand.
Therefore I cast off the works of darkness, and I put on the armor of light. I take up the whole armor of God, that I may be able to withstand in the evil day and having done all, to stand. I cast away from myself all the transgressions which I have committed, and myself a new heart and a new spirit.
I lay aside all the filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save my soul.

As a little child, I abide in Jesus, that when He appears, I may have confidence and not be ashamed before His coming.
If I know that He is righteous, I know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Lord God, only in Your strength
can I live a righteous life that pleases You
Please empower me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Our salvation rests in a great and marvelous transformation process, symbolized by the change we witness every year from the relatively "dead" time we call winter to the incredibly alive time we call spring. The secrets of heaven, and our salvation, are revealed in the life, death, and resurrection of Christ, our Lord. They are also shown in the dynamics of nature: the cycles of birth, growth, fruitfulness, seed production, and death . . . and new life once again when springtime returns.

I appreciate living in a temperate zone where we experience the four seasons. This time of year we are reminded of two things:
1) how wonderful it is to experience a substantive new joining with our Lord and Savior, when his divine love and truth come anew and grow within us;
2) how the great spiritual growth agenda is foremost in God's mind, as the Lord leads us down a path toward the springtime of love and faith that is God's kingdom.

In the spring, there is a gradual increase in warmth, which is accompanied by an increase in light. Winter has plenty of light, but not much warmth. Temperatures can be frigid even on bright, sunny days. The real key to spring an increase in warmth. This teaches us how crucial it is to invite the Lord's love to make an ever-renewing home in our hearts, minds, and lives.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Is it any wonder that God tells His people "Be still and know that I am God?"
He clearly reminds us "my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than yours and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Why do we proclaim Him God, and then frantically attempt to make it all work out according to our plans?
If history has taught us anything, it has taught us that humanity's attempts are futile from the start. When we place our faith in God and let Him be God, we discover that He does far more than we could have ask or even imagined and His timing is flawless.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
1 Corinthians 13:4-13
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.

When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.
All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We easily speak and sing of God's greatness.
We readily join with the Psalmist as he proclaims, "Great is our God and greatly to be praised; His greatness no one can fathom!"
Yet, no sooner have we proclaimed this than we are angry with God because He isn't working the way we want or expect.
We do not deny He is great. We just want Him to work according to ways that we can understand.
We want His timing and methods to fit our logic, our reason. We want Him to be God - All Powerful, All Knowing, Omnipresent - but in accordance with human logic and reason.
We want to be able to figure out His way and timing.
Even more, we want to dictate His way and timing.

Upvote 0

barb754

Believer
Dec 26, 2004
Guilford, New York
✟270,339.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If God gave up his Son to save us, what would he not give up to
bless us and keep us! That's Paul's point. In 1 Corinthians