May 3, 2015
✟7,883.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been loving using my ESV lately! Sometimes I will pull up a KJV online to read it alongside, but unless I get into a congregation that uses the KJV a majority of the time, I doubt I would make that shift over to it.

Do you all know of any good online Bible studies or even online Bible study groups (if there are any) that may be helpful?

Thank y'all!

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,224,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I tend to agree. I have tried the other translations and I find them confusing and hard to read.
It leaves nothing out is an accurate and excellent answer.

I think it's the RSV that omits over 33,000 words, omits "Jesus" nine times, and "Jesus Christ" over fifty times.

Changes and omissions away from the King James Bible...not good.

"reads good" is also an accurate and excellent answer. Modern versions claim to be easier to read, but they are scientifically proven to be more difficult to read, at higher reading grade levels, because of the legally required amount of substantial changes they must make in order to obtain copyright.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Landon,
Do a little comparison to see what is left out, and what leaves it out. There are 200 verses most involved in this thing of leaving stuff out. Do your own search, and consider starting with this list of verses:

200 Omissions
by New Bible Versions that are found in
the Authorized King James Version

http://www.achristianspirit.com/200VERSES.HTML

Some versions leave out from 132 to 197 of these. How many are left out of what you prefer?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Landon,
Do a little comparison to see what is left out, and what leaves it out. There are 200 nverses most involved in this thing of leaving stuff out. Do ytour own search, and consider stating with this list of verses:

200 Omissions
by New Bible Versions that are found in
the Authorized King James Version

http://www.achristianspirit.com/200VERSES.HTML

Some versions leave out from 132 to 197 of these. How many are left out of what you prefer?

If he is going to study the underlying texts he would do better to read the arguments for why each camp argues that theirs is the original, rather than just looking at verses "removed".

Some would say the text underlying the KJV is adding things.

Upvote 0