✟7,803.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Feeling Low?
Psalms 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
My wife was telling me about a conversation she had the other day, with a friend, a born evangelist and wonderful woman of God, who’s been experiencing some difficulties. A set of complicated circumstances have occurred in her life over the past year, and to make matters worse, people, sadly even fellow believers, have been judging her, saying that she must be doing something wrong or be in some kind of sin, to be in her situation. Furthermore she added that she didn’t feel she has a great testimony right now and as a result, hasn’t been able to share God’s love and truth much because of the way she feels people see her.
That makes me angry. Satan is so cruel! And I think most of the time we don’t even realize how he manipulates people and situations so that people are hurt and ultimately the Gospel cannot go forth.
What this lovely lady doesn’t realize is that she does have a great testimony. Quite frankly, she has the best testimony anyone could have! She is clinging to Jesus through this troubling time in her life – and that is a huge testimony! It’s easy to love and praise God when we’re comfortable and have everything we need but much, much harder to do it when things get tough.
Maybe you can relate to our troubled friend’s feelings today. Please be encouraged by this: It is only in the low places the Lord meets us with a special strength to overcome things we could never conquer ourselves. It is only in the low places that we can identify with His suffering. It is only in the low places that we can identify with others suffering. Don’t back away. Run to His embrace. Receive His love and mercy. And give it away to others in need.

Reactions: gracechick

angelwind

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2004
So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
My...there is truth in this...I have been in a low place for a while now...Have learned and seen how amazing His grace is...how strong His strength is to keep me...even cause me to be more than a conquerer.
Yes...I understand His suffering a bit better and the suffering of others...thse are not fun lessons, but they seem priceless.

sheeppic.jpg

Upvote 0

free2b

Apart from You, I am nothing
Apr 27, 2005
✟30,471.00
Faith
Christian
Great story, very encouraging!

I wonder why it is that people tend to see the negative? I have been in that low place, as I would assume most people have been. The thing I needed the most is for Christians, or people in general, to reach out...we see God's love through others, why is it so hard for some people to show it? :sigh:

I guess we need to leave the judging to the Judge...

God Bless, thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ray367 said:
Feeling Low?
My wife was telling me about a conversation she had the other day, with a friend, a born evangelist and wonderful woman of God, who’s been experiencing some difficulties. A set of complicated circumstances have occurred in her life over the past year, and to make matters worse, people, sadly even fellow believers, have been judging her, saying that she must be doing something wrong or be in some kind of sin, to be in her situation. Furthermore she added that she didn’t feel she has a great testimony right now and as a result, hasn’t been able to share God’s love and truth much because of the way she feels people see her.
That makes me angry. Satan is so cruel! And I think most of the time we don’t even realize how he manipulates people and situations so that people are hurt and ultimately the Gospel cannot go forth.
What this lovely lady doesn’t realize is that she does have a great testimony. Quite frankly, she has the best testimony anyone could have! She is clinging to Jesus through this troubling time in her life – and that is a huge testimony! It’s easy to love and praise God when we’re comfortable and have everything we need but much, much harder to do it when things get tough.
Maybe you can relate to our troubled friend’s feelings today. Please be encouraged by this: It is only in the low places the Lord meets us with a special strength to overcome things we could never conquer ourselves. It is only in the low places that we can identify with His suffering. It is only in the low places that we can identify with others suffering. Don’t back away. Run to His embrace. Receive His love and mercy. And give it away to others in need.

I came to this forum today and found this so encouraging it is so good to meet you Ray and I look forward to read more of your posts.

Reading this reminded me of Hebrews 4:14-16

Since then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathise with our weaknesses, but was at all points tempted as we are yet without sin.

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Reactions: gracechick
Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ray367 said:
Feeling Low?
It is only in the low places the Lord meets us with a special strength to overcome things we could never conquer ourselves. It is only in the low places that we can identify with His suffering. It is only in the low places that we can identify with others suffering. Don’t back away. Run to His embrace. Receive His love and mercy. And give it away to others in need.

A hard truth I would say...who among us desires to suffer & be persecuted & Jesus never promised us that our lives would be without pain or troubles. Simply that He would be there even in the fiery furnance that life can sometimes bring upon us.

Upvote 0