• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

feeling disconnected with reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2009
✟15,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have, I asked him to do that when I came for salvation. It makes no sense, its been 6 months and instead of a tender heart I am left feeling utterly and completely emotionless, this is killing me to say this but I cant even feel anything for my wife and that is really killing me.

Its as though all of my emotions are completely cutt off.

If you want salvation than you must trust in Him.

You want to feel, but that is your illness, walk by faith not feelings.

"...."The righteous will live by faith."" Romans 1:17 (does not say feelings or emotions)

Upvote 0
May 2, 2009
✟15,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can ask Jesus to forgive me and save me till im blue in the face but if the Holy Spirit isnt behind it then its of no use.

thing is, noone wants to come to God unless He is drawn by God, I just hope one day you realize Robert that HE is calling you, but He is calling you to FAITH not the feelings you are looking for.

You feel it is too late, you feel God is not drawing you to Him, you feel condemned and lost.

Stop feeling and walk in the faith. Feelings come and go we cannot base anything on them. At times convictions arent that heart breaking type convictions, perhaps that is what you are looking for.

Upvote 0
May 2, 2009
✟15,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thats my probem. My heart wasnt broken and contrite when I came to him last November. I was terrified that I was going to get left behind in the rapture, that isnt a broken and contrite heart.

Scripture means toward sin, a broken and contrite heart toward sin, you have to realize this is not done on our own accord, this is part of the work of the Holy Spirit, it is a process in life.

All God asks is that you trust on Him.

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband used to swim like a fish and then one day some kids held him under the water for a minute , after that he became terrified of water, to this day he is terrified to go in water past his waist and he can no longer swim , the terror will not let him.He cannot even swim in water only waist deep even with me beside him and I swim very well and he in fact used to swim.The terror will not let him.Fortunately for him ,his answer to ending the terror is easy , stay away from deep water.A terror of being abandoned by Jesus is much much worse terror and it is unrelenting.A person cannot just stop feeling by choice of will,anymore than a cancer patient can stop feeling by choice of will.Feelings of terror and abandonment by Jesus is a much worse pain and anguish and no less real and cannot be willed away,further severe OCD takes away a persons abilty to reason correctly.Jesus fully understands this and is patient and long suffering and compassionate and will not leave us or forsake during this horrific period, He will not let us go.Jesus will not give up on us while we go through this.This OCD affliction will never win,Jesus will win.Many people have overcome this very same affliction.What a person going through this severe OCD feels is terror and hopelessness and darkness and dread and like death warmed over.This causes ocd false thoughts.The reasoning is affected.Jesus is compassionate and caring and protecting the people suffering with this ocd.Jesus invites all to come and He will never cast us out, He will give us rest when we come to Him.A person going through this holds onto hope in Jesus.We never give up.We hold onto the truth the Jesus will never cast us out.
annrobert

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
right now Robert is a bruised reed and Jesus will not crush him,he is a smoking flax and Jesus will not snuff him out.No, rather Jesus will heal his broken heart and spirit.
Robert I was wondering if you read that post I put up about a minister discussing an affliction that sounds similiar to religious OCD.I found it described very much what I went through and sounds like what others have gone through.I thought it very interesting.
blessings
annrobert

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.