Favourite Bible character/person....and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticker

...at your service!
Jun 10, 2007
The Kingdom...kinda...
✟20,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which character/person from the Holy Bible have you found you're partial to/speaks to you/is an amazing man or woman of God.....and why?

Just a fellowship thread...meant not to be controversial.

For me....Abraham.

I marvel (...and feel I can somewhat relate to) his offering of his son...as my own walk has consisted of numerous sacrifices I seem to often be lead to make.

Last edited:

AMR

Presbyterian (PCA) - Bona Fide Reformed
Jun 19, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Visit site
✟211,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Which character/person from the Holy Bible do you find you're partial to/speaks to you/is an amazing man or woman of God.....and why?
The Apostle Paul. A sinner extrordinaire who met his God on the road to Damascus, was changed solely by the work of God, to become history's greatest defender of the faith. He suffered many of the same things that we all deal with every day, yet persevered until the very end, giving his life for His Lord.

AMR

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello all,

With Paul already mentioned, I'll go with one of my OT favorites: Elihu. Why? Because I never tire of seeking out the deeper things of God.
Elihu does rock :thumbsup:

I identify with David and King Solomon, so I'd have to choose one of
them at this time.

Cool thread ticker!
:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

marlowe007

Veteran
Dec 8, 2008
✟23,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Apostle Paul. A sinner extrordinaire who met his God on the road to Damascus, was changed solely by the work of God, to become history's greatest defender of the faith. He suffered many of the same things that we all deal with every day, yet persevered until the very end, giving his life for His Lord.

AMR

Agreed. Without St. Paul, I don't believe there would be any Christians today.

Upvote 0

BereanTodd

Missionary Heart
Nov 26, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll assume we would all list Jesus and just stick to others (plural because I can't pick just one):

Moses - Such a great leader, and yet at times unsure of himself. Yet to have that intimate closeness to God, and to lead the people as he did. What a great man.

Gideon - My favorite of the judges. What a great stirring victory God used him to lead the people to, and yet it was at times in spite of him as much as anything else.

Elijah - A great profit, but not without a great sense of humor, such as when he confronted the prophets of Ba'al.

Peter - For being so bold, and yet oftentimes being the guy who would stick his foot in his mouth. I can relate to that at times.

Paul - As someone called to missions myself, how can I not list the great missionary, the great church planter?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ticker

...at your service!
Jun 10, 2007
The Kingdom...kinda...
✟20,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
St.John the Baptist
or as our eastern brothers and sisters call him, the Forerunner
I love his zeal and how he is like a prophet from the OT
Yeah, he's very old school....I like that too! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.