Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
This is a very good statement. One i hope to adhere to in my search for the truth!

Yes indeed.
Popes comes and goes but the office remains the same, the chair of saints Peter.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It's not one of the books that I own, so please tell us about it if you see something in it that's interesting.
I just got the book today. Benedict XVI Light of the World,published by Ignatius Press.
In thumbing through it i found the following Q&A on page 165:
Quote:
"Q. The famous "third secret of Fatima" was not revealed until the year 2000---by Cardinal Ratzinger at the behest of John Paul II. The text speaks of a bishop clothed in white who collapses amid the bullets fired by a group of soldiers---a scene that was interpreted as a prophecy of the attempted assassination of John Paul II. Now you stated that "we would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." What did you mean? Does the fulfillment of the message of Fatima really still lie in the future?"

A. There are two aspects of the message of Fatima that have to be distinguished. On the one hand, there is a particular event, which is recounted in forms typical of visionary experience,
and, on the other hand, there is the fundamental significance of the event.
I mean the point was not to satisfy some curiosity. If that had been the case, it would have been logical for us to publish the text much sooner. No, the purpose was to allude to a critical point, a critical moment in history, by which I mean the whole power of evil that came to a head in the major
dictatorships of this twentieth century---and that in another way is still at work today....."

there is one more paragraph to the answer, but i'll cut it short here so as not to be in conflict with the quotation rules.

Upvote 0

mea kulpa

Benedictine Traditional Catholic
Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just got the book today. Benedict XVI Light of the World,published by Ignatius Press.
In thumbing through it i found the following Q&A on page 165:
Quote:
"Q. The famous "third secret of Fatima" was not revealed until the year 2000---by Cardinal Ratzinger at the behest of John Paul II. The text speaks of a bishop clothed in white who collapses amid the bullets fired by a group of soldiers---a scene that was interpreted as a prophecy of the attempted assassination of John Paul II. Now you stated that "we would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." What did you mean? Does the fulfillment of the message of Fatima really still lie in the future?"

A. There are two aspects of the message of Fatima that have to be distinguished. On the one hand, there is a particular event, which is recounted in forms typical of visionary experience,
and, on the other hand, there is the fundamental significance of the event.
I mean the point was not to satisfy some curiosity. If that had been the case, it would have been logical for us to publish the text much sooner. No, the purpose was to allude to a critical point, a critical moment in history, by which I mean the whole power of evil that came to a head in the major
dictatorships of this twentieth century---and that in another way is still at work today....."

there is one more paragraph to the answer, but i'll cut it short here so as not to be in conflict with the quotation rules.

Wow i would love to read the next paragraph

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2010
San Juan del Río
✟26,797.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Our Lady of Fatima - Pray for Rome.

:crossrc:
- in nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Amen.

And Pray for the Conversion of Dubitative Catholics who are flirting with Non catholics who deny Your Immaculate Conception and your Glorious Assumption .

Upvote 0