United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Well...
Buckle up, tomorrow Francis is set to meet with the Islamic leader.

I'm readying myself to suffer yet another attack on my faith :(

Christe Eleison!
Think of it as God's grace-filled opportunity for that leader to receive in person a final warning
and an opportunity to change before time runs out.
That's how i see all of these meetings that the Pope is carrying out.
Especially since this is the Year of Grace.

Grace is always unexpected, but all the more welcome for being so.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well...
Buckle up, tomorrow Francis is set to meet with the Islamic leader.

I'm readying myself to suffer yet another attack on my faith :(

Christe Eleison!
But why does it attack your faith? This is what I do not understand. You know what's true. This doesn't change what you know is true.

Reactions: mea kulpa
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
But why does it attack your faith? This is what I do not understand. You know what's true. This doesn't change what you know is true.

Well...
Deep down I guess I'm highly doubtful and uncertain if I even believe in the papacy.

Lets put it this way...
What's the point in even having a pope if all he does is questioning doctrine and dogma?

It seems as this is all he does to my faith now a days.
I mean the supreme pontif compare Christ and his church to Islam ???

So youre never troubled by such Bene?
If not I wish I had your faith...

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Well...
Deep down I guess I'm highly doubtful and uncertain if I even believe in the papacy.

Lets put it this way...
What's the point in even having a pope if all he does is questioning doctrine and dogma?

as often as the pope has been misquoted and/or misinterpreted by the media these days,
i usually chalk it up to the eagerness of the press to sell papers first and print the truth second.

Reactions: s_gunter
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No I'm not because he's just one pope. If he's wrong, the HS will protect the Church, doctrine, dogma. That won't change. He hasn't changed anything but one can't deny, he's liberal. Time will have to tell us if this is right or not. You need to hold tight. I have faith because I know the enemy will attack the true Church in anyway he can and this Church is under attack. For you to lose faith is what the enemy wants. Devil don't care what side of the strange you exit, right or left, just as long as your exit. This makes me know this us the true Church. That I have no doubt about at all. This pope is what I question. Is this where the HS wants to take us or not.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well...
Deep down I guess I'm highly uncertain if I believe in the papacy or not.

Lets put it this way...

You know I do not have a problem with Pope Francis except for his presentation at times. But let me say that we have had bad popes...really bad ones. Even ones that made non-infallible theological errors (I forget which one in a homily messed up some facts about Mary Magdalene that have caused centuries of confusion. I think is was Pope St. Gregory the Great).

No matter who the Pope remember the Holy Spirit gives the Church the Pope she needs. Sometimes the flaws of that Pope (which one has none?) highlight problems that need to be fixed. And the strengths fix problems from before.

So...like or dislike a Pope. But keep your faith in the Holy Spirit. And remember this is a long view...God's plan is not seen by us. My advice...pray that if He wills, you are given a little glimpse (even if only in a way your heart can understand) of His plan. I have often, in times of distress prayed for the comfort to be reassured of His plan, even in a manner I can not vocalize. I do not need to know. I do not need a secret to be revealed. I just need the comfort of the Holy Spirit. That will be my prayer for you.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
as often as the pope has been misquoted and/or misinterpreted by the media these days,
i usually chalk it up to the eagerness of the press to sell papers first and print the truth second.
That Islam comment, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around.

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

I clung to that for a long time myself, but it doesn't add up in the long run at least not for me.

Even EWTN quotes him this way...
I've come to realize that his not misquoted all of the time, simple as that.

Formal papal documents have even backed my issues such as AL.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You know I do not have a problem with Pope Francis except for his presentation at times. But let me say that we have had bad popes...really bad ones. Even ones that made non-infallible theological errors (I forget which one in a homily messed up some facts about Mary Magdalene that have caused centuries of confusion. I think is was Pope St. Gregory the Great).

No matter who the Pope remember the Holy Spirit gives the Church the Pope she needs. Sometimes the flaws of that Pope (which one has none?) highlight problems that need to be fixed. And the strengths fix problems from before.

So...like or dislike a Pope. But keep your faith in the Holy Spirit. And remember this is a long view...God's plan is not seen by us. My advice...pray that if He wills, you are given a little glimpse (even if only in a way your heart can understand) of His plan. I have often, in times of distress prayed for the comfort to be reassured of His plan, even in a manner I can not vocalize. I do not need to know. I do not need a secret to be revealed. I just need the comfort of the Holy Spirit. That will be my prayer for you.
Well said.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,987.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In before "bu-bu-but other people raped kids too! ...and besides, most of the Priests who were reported in recent decades for raping kids were reported for acts after VII!!"

Here...catch ⚾

Still out there...huh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mea kulpa

Benedictine Traditional Catholic
Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No matter who the Pope remember the Holy Spirit gives the Church the Pope she needs

David is right stabat

If the pope is valid or not if he is a good pope or not dont let it disturb your faith.....everything is in the hands of God.

The prophecy of st francis speaks of an uncanonicaly elected pontif. Not a true pastor but a destroyer sent by Jesus Christ

Even anti popes are elected at times.... but everything is being guided by the holy spirit.

In another prophecy i cant remember which it says that priests have become lax and to pray for God to send the pastor who restores their spirits.

Perhaps francis is that pastor

In a sense we have all become lax in our faith comfortable in being catholic but not defending the faith......what the holy spirit could be doing is showing us catholics our own strengh that christ is working in us and through us first to defend the faith in the church then to defend and proclaim it to the world. God works in mysterious ways.

But what i do know is the faith can never ever be destroyed because it rests in each one of us and the only way to destroy it is to kill each and every catholic and if this is the plan of christ..to let us suffer as he suffered. so be it

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In the book Light of the World (published in 2010), he was asked by an interviewer, "Have you considered resigning?" That seems to indicate that there was a lot of pressure on him to resign. Why else would the interviewer ask him that question? And if he felt pressured to resign then it would mean that he resigned under duress.

See:
http://www.ignatius.com/promotions/light-of-the-world/
thanks very much for the link. i just ordered.:)
It's not one of the books that I own, so please tell us about it if you see something in it that's interesting.

Upvote 0

Lepanto

Jun 16, 2008
Liverpool
✟27,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Fatima is actually a Middle Eastern name.
I heard that the name is that of a Muslim girl in that town.
The Muslims conquered Iberia around the eighth century.
Iberia was under their control until 1492. The name "Fatima" is a
legacy of the Islamic invasion. And so is Flamenco.

Bishop Fulton Sheen said Fatima was chosen as the venue of
apparitions because Heaven wanted to capture the attention
of today's Muslims.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lepanto

Jun 16, 2008
Liverpool
✟27,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He also said there was a masonic lobby

Most of us would laugh at the idea of a masonic mafia at work in the Vatican. I’m not sure that we should

Laugh at the idea? Haven't you thought deeper about the matter?
Do you think the Devil is stupid?

I'm not going to say anything on this. Just listen to what Our Lady told Sr Sasagawa. Your faith should not be shaken when you heard about those scandals.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I clung to that for a long time myself, but it doesn't add up in the long run at least not for me.

Even EWTN quotes him this way...
I've come to realize that his not misquoted all of the time, simple as that.

Formal papal documents have even backed my issues such as AL.
t's hard to believe that if he were the Vicar of Christ and filled with the HS that he would say the things he does and also speak so poorly he causes mass confusion. It doesn't add up.

Upvote 0

Lepanto

Jun 16, 2008
Liverpool
✟27,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
t's hard to believe that if he were the Vicar of Christ and filled with the HS that he would say the things he does and also speak so poorly he causes mass confusion. It doesn't add up.

I know what you want to say.

The Catholic Church is the true Church established by Our Lord, but a human can choose to
do whatever he wishes. A priest not acting properly does NOT mean we should lose our
faith or change our belief in the authenticity of the Church.

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

Lepanto

Jun 16, 2008
Liverpool
✟27,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
he's just one pope. If he's wrong, the HS will protect the Church, doctrine, dogma. That won't change. He hasn't changed anything but one can't deny, he's liberal. Time will have to tell us if this is right or not. You need to hold tight. I have faith because I know the enemy will attack the true Church in anyway he can and this Church is under attack. For you to lose faith is what the enemy wants. Devil don't care what side of the strange you exit, right or left, just as long as your exit. This makes me know this us the true Church. That I have no doubt about at all. This pope is what I question. Is this where the HS wants to take us or not.

I agree with you, totally.
The Devil is very very smart and organized. Think about the word organized. Anyone
who thinks the Devil is not well organized - does not understand much about the situation.

Anyway, whatever happens to the Church, you should NOT lose your faith.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Anyway, whatever happens to the Church, you should NOT lose your faith.

This is a very good statement. One i hope to adhere to in my search for the truth!

Upvote 0