Blueforest

Created well and commanded to be sick
Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure if the term was coined for him though, I think he's just like the metro 'poster child,' if you will.

Yeah it's pretty weird.

Metro makes me think of a "city" so I don't get it.

As far as I know, there is only gay, straight and bi. Which would "metro" be? If Seacrest is metro, why is he with a woman?

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Which would "metro" be? If Seacrest is metro, why is he with a woman?
A 'metrosexual' is a straight man who preens like a stereotypical gay man. It refers to level of care about fashion and grooming usually associated with women and gay men, it doesn't refer to sexuality.

Upvote 0

musicmanex

once killed a man with a trident
Jul 4, 2011
Christchurch, New Zealand
✟7,630.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It has come to my attention that I may be in need of a serious fashion makeover. I know from reading the posts here that a lot of ladies here are very fashion savvy, and me being a guy, well I'm not really. I am little but not as much as some people I guess. Now I'm looking for advice or opinions on some clothes that would look good for me. I'm also open to advice from the men here too, because some men are very knowledgeable about clothes and fashion for certain body types. My body type is thin so I'm wondering what types and styles of clothes would be a good choice for me. You can post up pictures or some styles that you might think would look good for me. I am open to suggestions as I think it will show what people think looks good in fashion and what doesn't.

So dressing fashionable comes down to three things, Fit, colour and style....

Fit: google up on your size and find what looks best with your body shape... the same clothes wont work for a 5 foot 4 80kg person and a 6 foot 65 kg person....

Colour: what goes best with you're eye/skin colour... also learn the colour rules with clothes... for example never where grey pants/jeans with a grey hoodie/ top because you will look like you just got out of prison..

Style: look in magazines, what are celebrities wearing and what is advertised in clothes store windows and go with those styles....

DONTS: trackpants (always go jeans), Sneakers (leave them for running), Denim jackets (leave it to the cowboys)

DOS: Jeans and tee (best casual way of dressing works for anything from a casual date to watching tv at home), Over dress for good occasions (I always wear a colared shirt tucked into black pants with a nice tie for family events, dinners, weddings, 21sts etc etc), Plain shorts (easier to match with a tee shirt than board shorts in summer)

FINAL AND MOST IMPORTANT TIP: CONFIDENCE! whatever you wear, wear it with confidence.... sometimes you could be the only one at an event dressed in a shirt and tie but if you pull it off with confidence you will be turning heads... as my mumma always said stand up straight, dont slouch your shoulders and look people in the eye... GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0

Blueforest

Created well and commanded to be sick
Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
So dressing fashionable comes down to three things, Fit, colour and style....

Fit: google up on your size and find what looks best with your body shape... the same clothes wont work for a 5 foot 4 80kg person and a 6 foot 65 kg person....

Colour: what goes best with you're eye/skin colour... also learn the colour rules with clothes... for example never where grey pants/jeans with a grey hoodie/ top because you will look like you just got out of prison..

Style: look in magazines, what are celebrities wearing and what is advertised in clothes store windows and go with those styles....

DONTS: trackpants (always go jeans), Sneakers (leave them for running), Denim jackets (leave it to the cowboys)

DOS: Jeans and tee (best casual way of dressing works for anything from a casual date to watching tv at home), Over dress for good occasions (I always wear a colared shirt tucked into black pants with a nice tie for family events, dinners, weddings, 21sts etc etc), Plain shorts (easier to match with a tee shirt than board shorts in summer)

FINAL AND MOST IMPORTANT TIP: CONFIDENCE! whatever you wear, wear it with confidence.... sometimes you could be the only one at an event dressed in a shirt and tie but if you pull it off with confidence you will be turning heads... as my mumma always said stand up straight, dont slouch your shoulders and look people in the eye... GOOD LUCK!

Those are all good tips.

I have looked around online and most say I should go with an indie-rocker type look for my build. That's not me at all. I'm not even a musician!

So I thought I'd ask around and see if anyone here had any good tips.

I don't even own a pair of sweatpants or sneakers anymore. I stopped wearing those in grade school gym class.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No socks with sandals.

Don't wear dark shirts with light pants.

Shoot yourself in the head before popping a collar.

If your pants sag below your pelvis, either wear a freaking belt or again, shoot yourself in the head.

That's all I know and it works well enough for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicmanex

once killed a man with a trident
Jul 4, 2011
Christchurch, New Zealand
✟7,630.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
so realistically you want slim fit clothes... try straight cut jeans mixed with a surf style tee... if wearing a tie with anything make sure the tip of the tie just touches you belt.... any other length of tie doesnt work with this body shape.... also you can pull of skinny ties... with shoes go for something like fashion tennis shoes (google image tennis shoes)... now shorts depend on your height but at the moment the fashion tends to be to denim shorts to be cut just above the knees.... any of this help?

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
No socks with sandals.

Don't wear dark shirts with light pants.
Shoot your
self in the head before popping a collar.

If your pants sag below your pelvis, either wear a freaking belt or again, shoot yourself in the head.

That's all I know and it works well enough for me.
1245864284427.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Shoot yourself in the head before popping a collar.
What if I'm popping my collar to avoid my neck getting sunburned, as tennis/polo shirt were originally designed with collars to be popped for?

No reason to pop a collar unless you're doing some sort of sport/exercise though.

Or, you could carry that gun IWB instead of shooting yourself with it. That's what I did with the pants that no longer fit me thanks to diet/exercise. Instead of buying pants a size or two too large for concealed carry, I shrank.

Upvote 0