Blueforest

Created well and commanded to be sick
Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
It has come to my attention that I may be in need of a serious fashion makeover. I know from reading the posts here that a lot of ladies here are very fashion savvy, and me being a guy, well I'm not really. I am little but not as much as some people I guess. Now I'm looking for advice or opinions on some clothes that would look good for me. I'm also open to advice from the men here too, because some men are very knowledgeable about clothes and fashion for certain body types. My body type is thin so I'm wondering what types and styles of clothes would be a good choice for me. You can post up pictures or some styles that you might think would look good for me. I am open to suggestions as I think it will show what people think looks good in fashion and what doesn't.

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think it's pretty simple.
Bathe, shave, wear clothes that are appropriate for the occasion.
Button down shirts are nice but a plain tee with clean well fit jeans are good for everyday.
Honestly what looks good on each guy has a lot more to do with fit.
Do you have anyone you trust locally?

I've taken a couple of my guy friends out for shopping trips before.
It's much better to go with someone who will help you take an honest look at fit and style.

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

When I was a kid and younger teen, my "fashion" consisted of a drawer of shorts and a drawer of shirts (mostly T's but some polo types). After my morning shower, I got my boxers out of one drawer, shorts from another and (MAYBE) shirt from another (I wore shirts as little as I could) - and if it matched, cool. If it didn't, I didn't notice. I wore long pants to church and if it was REALLY cold but otherwise, it was shorts.

My sister (7 years older) would at times take me aside and put clothes out for me. I actually had some really nice clothes and she'd put them out for me. She kept saying, "You clean up really nice - just take some time to do it!" By the time I got into my later teen years, I started to. It's good to have someone with GOOD taste that will be honest and helpful.

I can do it pretty well now, but she occasionally still gives me pointers. And I've FINALLY gotten to were I like to do it - taking some pride in how I look, at least in public (right now, I'm in shorts and shirtless and shoeless - in my apartment).

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I say wear what makes you feel good and is comfortable. To heck with "fashion". But I'm probably the minority. I've never cared about fashion, I think it's ridiculous that someone else would tell ME what I should wear lol. I like to see guys who are just as casual as I am. Guys that look all primped and pretty definitely put me off. But again, I'm probably the minority. Give me a guy in a cute t-shirt and jeans and that's more than good enough for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I was going through my clothes and it turns out I do have some pleated pants. I didn't know I did but I guess I do now. Why should I not wear pleated pants?

Because they can create a puffy crotch. The pleats mean they use more fabric because of the folding to create the pleats, and the extra fabric sort of flairs out and gets puffy over the crotch area. And it pretty much always looks silly and never flattering no matter who's wearing it. Plus pleats make the pants look older.

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think it's pretty simple.
Bathe, shave, wear clothes that are appropriate for the occasion.
Button down shirts are nice but a plain tee with clean well fit jeans are good for everyday.
Honestly what looks good on each guy has a lot more to do with fit.
Do you have anyone you trust locally?

I've taken a couple of my guy friends out for shopping trips before.
It's much better to go with someone who will help you take an honest look at fit and style.

^^ This :thumbsup: Although I think button down shirts should be for church or special occasions. Make sure it's clean and fits well, and don't worry about what's in-style or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Metrosexual is like Ryan Seacrest's style, so I've been told.

My BIL got upset when my sister asked him if he was a metrosexual when they were dating :p Nothing wrong with caring about how you look, but I admit I think it's silly for guys to have anything waxed or polished.

Upvote 0
M

MarkSB

My BIL got upset when my sister asked him if he was a metrosexual when they were dating :p Nothing wrong with caring about how you look, but I admit I think it's silly for guys to have anything waxed or polished.

Even putting gel in my hair used to be a stretch for me - now I'll use it once in a while, after it gets cut maybe. Personally I feel like a dork if I put too much effort into my appearance, but it works for some guys I guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It has come to my attention that I may be in need of a serious fashion makeover. I know from reading the posts here that a lot of ladies here are very fashion savvy, and me being a guy, well I'm not really. I am little but not as much as some people I guess. Now I'm looking for advice or opinions on some clothes that would look good for me. I'm also open to advice from the men here too, because some men are very knowledgeable about clothes and fashion for certain body types. My body type is thin so I'm wondering what types and styles of clothes would be a good choice for me. You can post up pictures or some styles that you might think would look good for me. I am open to suggestions as I think it will show what people think looks good in fashion and what doesn't.

I'm no fashionista. ;) But, I can tell you that you will look good in anything you feel comfortable and confident in. The key is to make her not forget you, and you do that by being yourself. We are all unique. :wave:

Upvote 0

Blueforest

Created well and commanded to be sick
Jun 10, 2011
✟1,191.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Metrosexual is like Ryan Seacrest's style, so I've been told.

His girlfriend is pretty good looking, so I'd say whatever he did is working for him. I think some people are just jealous when others are more successful in life.

Upvote 0