False Faith vs. Real Faith

ImHisServant

Let Everything That Has Breath Praise The Lord!!
Jun 21, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟18,039.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
False Faith vs. Real Faith
There are at least four types of faith that are really not faith at all; head faith, feeling faith, dead faith, and crisis faith.

Head Faith:

Head faith is merely agreeing to a set of religious creeds and historical facts about Jesus. James said in James 2:19 "You believe there is a God. Good! Even demons believe that and shudder." But the fact is, just because they believe in God doesn't mean they are saved.

Feeling Faith:

Thomas is famous for Feeling faith. His faith was based on his five senses. If his physical senses were convinced, then he would believe. In John 20:25 When the other disciples told Thomas that they had seen the Lord, Thomas said that he would not believe them until he saw the nail marks in Jesus' hands and put his finger where the nails were, and put his hand into his side. But Jesus says "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet they believe." John 20:29. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says " We live by Faith not sight." This on is very hard for me sometimes. But by faith it becomes easier and easier.

Dead Faith:

James 2:14,17,18 Say that faith that is not accompanied by action is dead. Dead faith is a faith that does not translate into action. Dead faith with no action cannot save a person. Some may say You have faith, I have deeds, and James says, "Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do." Show your faith in what you do and how you act. According to James 2:26 "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead."

Crisis Faith:

Crisis faith is also known as temporal faith. It is awakened by adverse circumstances. As soon as the bad circumstance changes, crisis faith disappears without a trace. Matthew 13:20-22 Says that the seed that landed on the rocky soil only lasted a short time because it had no root. So when trouble or persecution comes he quickly falls away. The seed that fell among the thorns were temporary because he was choked by worries of life and the deceitfulness of money and was unable to produce any fruits.

The Bible explains the four different types of false faith I have mentioned from above. Real faith is not just in the head. It is not always confirmed by feelings. It must produce action and it must last a life time. Romans 10:9, 10 say for faith to be real it must come from the heart. And that real faith believes that Jesus is Lord and that God raised him from the dead. It is by grace through faith that we are saved. The Bible defines faith in Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

God Bless ~

Gina

Reactions: Tarika

snowy27

May 10, 2006
✟15,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Thankyou, I probably fall into those categories and your message certainly caused me to think about what faith is. Coming from a non-Christian background I have found it hard to progress beyond the kinds of faith you describe. However I plan to continue learning about Christianity and although it may not be real faith the foundation I have in my thoughts and feelings about Jesus is a starting point.

Reactions: ImHisServant
Upvote 0