Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been really struggling with faith lately. In fact, there have been periods where I'm convinced I have no faith, and I get scared and tormented as a result. But I keep crying out to Jesus, as best as I can understand Him, to give me faith. I've been asking Him, "Why don't I have any faith in You?"

My hope is that just by the fact that I am praying to Jesus and putting my hope in Him to give me faith means exactly that I have faith.

What do you guys think?
We all have faith. It's part of who we are and how we were created. We cannot not have faith. The question isn't whether we have faith or not, but rather, what or where or who do we put our faith in?

It would appear that you have misplaced your faith in something else other than Jesus. In order to have faith in him, you'll need to know him...not just from the pages of a book about him, but also experientially, as in relationship. And the wonderful thing is, he desires that, and is magnanimous with his love and grace and mercy.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

About 24 years ago I had a immoral relationship with a woman 12 years older than me. She pushed for the sex, I pushed for the love in the relationship. When I got it thru my heart that she didn't really want me to love her, just have sex with her, I broke the relationship off. I was heartbroken and torn. I at that time wanted to join our church at home and find God. I quickly showed signs of bipolar manic/depression. And I would cry out in despair that God was damning me. So the whole "not trusting God" had to be related to my heart being broken in this relationship with her.

I do have hope that keeps me alive, otherwise this would eat me up and I'd die. I hope God will be merciful to me and look to heal my heart and so I can trust him.

Dear Jesus, please help Looking4Joy see your love for him and your faithfulness. Knowing that you are the God of truth, we know that your Word is true. That your faithfulness is everlasting, that your love for us will never change as You are the same today, tomorrow and forever. Help him see the truth in your promises. That those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved, that your Son took all sin, past present and future on the cross 2,000 years ago. That in you Lord, there is rest for us. That in you there is peace for our hearts and minds. That in you we are sealed by your Holy Spirit and that we are in you, and you are in us as long as we walk this earth. That NO principality, demon or devil could ever remove us from your right hand as the Father has given you authority over all. May you grant Looking4Joy your peace and love. Show him that he is one of your very own, a child of God and that he belongs to you. May he be comforted by your Word as he learns more about You and the promises that all believers have from you. That his faith may grow and that his heart begins to heal. In Jesus name. Amen. :prayer:

Please read Romans chapters 5-7 to see who you are positionally in Christ.http://www.christianforums.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:
Upvote 0