Manhattan, KS
✟188,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the most misunderstood and misinterpretted phrase in scripture is to have the faith of a child. Jesus says no one can enter the Kingdom of Heaven except they have the faith of a child so it is of utmost importance that we understand this teaching and apply it.

Children trust their parents to provide everything they need to survive. In fact, children depend on their parents for survival. A large part of denying the flesh deals with this idea. The flesh says, I can do it. I dont need help! That is not having the faith of a child. We must depend on the Father to provide all we need to live.

This also means that we did nothing and do nothing to earn our place at the Fathers side. Not saying obdeience isn't important, but rather children do not have to earn their place at their Father's table. It is their right as children to eat at the Father's table. Their birth right if you will. Jesus came to earth to show us this. The Father didnt say, they deserve salvation now so send Jesus. The Holy Spirit didnt say Bryan has earned salvation so let me live within him. These were all gifts, done entirely by God in his nature as a provider and lover of humanity. Done by him, chosen by him, of his will. Not my own!

Obedience is still important. I expect my children to obey me. I warn them of dangerous living and lifestyles because I do not want them to see harm or hurt. We also should be obedient because God wants us to be safe from the snares of Satan. Disobedience does not mean we lose our place at the Fathers side though. I do not expel my children when they disobey me. I may discipline them sure, but I do not cast them off. If we as parents are merciful and gracious, HOW MUCH MORE is our Father in heaven? If you have been disobedient or wandering, ask him to forgive you and return to his bossom and experience his warmth and embrace again!

Children also imitate their parents in what they do. How many times do my children see me playing guitar and try to play too? Children often say they want to be whatever their parents are when they get older, why? Because they want to be like them! Jesus said he worked because his Father was working and he always did what he showed him. Having the faith of a child means imitating the Father in all he does. This is only made possible through communication with the Holy Spirit. He will show us the Father and it is our childlike nature that imitates him. Remember, our Father provides for us as his children, dont say I cant, say He can!

Really in all, Jesus life on earth is an exact representation on what having the faith of a child should look like. I know we say that all the time and it seems impossible to do, but just read through the gospels with that frame of mind in mind. That Jesus was an obedient child and see how he handles each situation in a childlike manner. It will be made clearer on what exactly we as children should be doing with our time as we approach our faith with that of a child.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i agree . the child behaves as son. not as a stranger . this is how we know who the children of god are and who the children of the devil are .John said , one of them continues to do unrighteous actions the other continues to do righteous actions .the adopted son (us) learns to behave as the first born son .. sometimes gets it wrong . but does not continue to get it wrong ..he "learns " and goes forward and gets it right :)

you've presented a good post for sure and it has aided me with more understanding .

Upvote 0