Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I totally miss having the faith icons and other self identifying features. I was never one to complain about labels; labels help me know which vegetables are in the can. With the zillion of folks in the forums, there are many whom I don't really know or can't remember. The faith icons helped me have a handle on where they were coming from. Now I feel so lost....

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't like how people get labelled as "anti" something by having an opinion.

People here have labelled me as anti-Paul, which cannot be further from the truth.

Similarly, I might be labelled as "anti-Torah" because I don't believe it was written by Moses or that Gentiles have any obligation to it.

That certainly doesn't make me anti-Torah. Why are such labels useful here? Why not use labels that are more accurate and less accusatory, if you choose to use labels?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

People here have labelled me as anti-Paul, which cannot be further from the truth.

Similarly, I might be labelled as "anti-Torah" because I don't believe it was written by Moses or that Gentiles have any obligation to it.

That certainly doesn't make me anti-Torah. Why are such labels useful here? Why not use labels that are more accurate and less accusatory, if you choose to use labels?

Just curious....but why do you believe Torah was not written by Moses? Are you referring to the 613 commandments?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Are you posting that on the correct thread? It doesn't seem to relate to the use of Faith Icons, although it does sound like what's being discussed on another thread.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Just curious....but why do you believe Torah was not written by Moses? Are you referring to the 613 commandments?

There are enough little discrepancies that might raise the question.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I like to refer to two things: (1) the word אז "at that time" with reference to the Canaanite clans, and (2) the name of the place where Abraham chased those who had kidnapped Lot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like to refer to two things: (1) the word אז "at that time" with reference to the Canaanite clans, and (2) the name of the place where Abraham chased those who had kidnapped Lot.
Huh?...I need a little more help understanding you

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Huh?...I need a little more help understanding you
What was the name of the northern city to which Abraham pursued those who had kidnapped Lot? At what point did that city receive its name - before or after the conquest narratives of Joshua?

I'll let you consider this one first.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was the name of the northern city to which Abraham pursued those who had kidnapped Lot? At what point did that city receive its name - before or after the conquest narratives of Joshua?

I'll let you consider this one first.
Dan?....coincidence?

Perhaps the story was written after the 12 tribes existed. pursuing as far as Dan is stating how far Abraham pursued to the land of Dan...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are there anymore?...I believe the new testament was tweeted here and there. .are you saying sI was the old testament?

Last edited:
Upvote 0