Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello guys and gals..

Something crossed my mind today…

We all know there will be Christians who will be very affected by the financial crisis.

Some will loose jobs,or maybe their business.They will not be in a present position of being prosperous,to say the least.And that problem could last for them a long time!

We all know faith seems to disregard time and space,and is not bound by natural law,it trumps all!.

Move a mountain,raise the dead,ask and you will receive, etc…

But the circumstance will seem to dictate to some,a financial crisis.

So that raises a question..:confused:

What is wrong,,,,does the saint not have enough faith to overcome, if he or she is broke?

Was it Gods will,or are they a victim of circumstance,or a lack of faith?:scratch:

What do ya think?

What would you say to those who lost all?:(

To me,I think God allows trials and sufferings,look at the saints that were struck by Katrina.Whole lotta Chrisitians live in the gulf coast region.

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7272983&highlight=storm

Some of us use our faith to stay in touch with God and He forewarns us to prepare us for this crisis. One thing that I have learned early on is hearing from God and being a good steward of God's finances -

I have been debt free except for my home mortgage for more than 12 years. Back in September I secured a line of credit on my home with a locked interest rate for any emergencies and about 400.00 in credit card debt.

But even if I didn't hear from God and make the preparations - I would still be well taken care of because I don't live above my means. True Biblical prosperity is NOT having scades and scades of money - it's having all sufficiency to give into every good work - seems like I've read that some place.

It wasn't 10 years ago that my total income was about 7.700 dollars - but I NEVER made a payment late, I NEVER stopped tithing and it was the year that I was in three countries in Europe preaching the Gospel.

God is able (and willing) to meet all my needs - and I strive to be the best possible steward of His money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think that financial or even health difficulties mean a 'lack of faith'. God allows trials to sanctify us. If we use faith just as a way of getting what we want, that can't be real faith. Real faith is surrendered to God's will.

Hi Monica,good point.:)
True faith is in submission to Gods will,after all,fatih and grace run hand in hand.

Some of the pillars of faith were commended in Hebrews,and they did not receive,yet thet had faith.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi Monica,good point.:)
True faith is in submission to Gods will,after all,fatih and grace run hand in hand.

Some of the pillars of faith were commended in Hebrews,and they did not receive,yet thet had faith.
The thing is, no one here has said that financial or health difficulties means a lack of faith.

Never mind, I see now that you did mention it in your OP.

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said:

"In this life you will have trouble"

But he also said" "Seek first the kingdom and all your needs will be added to you"

God will take care of his people one way or another

John O.

So true!!!

In the last 2 months, my employer has paid me the equivalent of my entire year's salary. This was just after I told God I would follow Him, no matter what the consequence.

God does take care of His own.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So true!!!

In the last 2 months, my employer has paid me the equivalent of my entire year's salary. This was just after I told God I would follow Him, no matter what the consequence.

God does take care of His own.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.