LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How is it done? What sites? And how do you know they're not biased?
It's best to do the fact checking on your own since there's no such thing as an unbiased fact checker.

Reactions: 777Sloan
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suggest avoiding Politifact and Snopes. Both are known for leftist bias.
...and for proving Mr Trump and the Republican Party are wrong pretty much all the time. :wave:
tulc(knows how frustrating it is when facts get in the way) :sorry:

• Winner
Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is it done? Generally by checking original sources. If it is a news account, multiple independent sources (not multiples of the same source) verifying the same facts is a pretty reliable indication that something is true. Unedited video - yes, such a thing does exist - or transcripts of speeches. Sometimes it is done by tracking down the origin of a rumor or internet meme. Sometimes an assertion cannot be verified and sometimes it contradicts known facts.

Snopes and Politifact are fairly reliable because they cite their sources and give their reasoning. Any site that fails to do either is suspect.

How do you know they're not biased? Unless it's extreme, bias counts for less than accuracy.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When they produce evidence such as documents, official videos of speeches, things they have written, interviews they gave, etc. is the only time I feel like I can trust what any of them say.
So even if someone is biased, if they have actual evidence that supports their statements, it doesn't matter what their biases are, does it?

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I'm way further to the left than most people and if there's one thing I hate it's a lying murdering candidate who destroys complete countries.

She has power over the lives of those in Snopes and Politifact so don't expect the truth from them, even the FBI won't take her on.

Who will? Just people too old to be threatened. With Bernie it wasn't him threatened but his wife.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When they produce evidence such as documents, official videos of speeches, things they have written, interviews they gave, etc. is the only time I feel like I can trust what any of them say.
So even if someone is biased, if they have actual evidence that supports their statements, it doesn't matter what their biases are, does it?

You don't have to do that, use the big things that are well known and can't be denied.

Example When Hillary advocated bombing etc. Iraq, the war in Afghanistan had already been going on <how long> and the promised rebuilding of Afghanistan had not yet gotten much of anywhere. The initial claim was we were going to rebuild Afghanistan, oh, and maybe we would have to do a little bombing and fighting first, but even in the peaceful areas we have forgotten to do the rebuilding.

Example And after the war in Iraq had been going on for 8 years and there were 'regrets' they claimed about having destroyed all the state security services, then Hillary did guess what

Destroyed the state security services in Libya having forgotten what was going on in Iraq as a result of the same action.

The Washington Post gives her a clear pass, claiming that she had killed a lot of the right people, failing to notice that this was part of the problem, and doing the usual

claiming she isn't evil but just amazingly stupid.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who will? Just people too old to be threatened. With Bernie it wasn't him threatened but his wife.
If you cannot produce evidence for this statement how are you different than the ones you say you don't believe? I find conspiracy theories boring.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't have to do that, use the big things that are well known and can't be denied.

Example When Hillary advocated bombing etc. Iraq, the war in Afghanistan had already been going on <how long> and the promised rebuilding of Afghanistan had not yet gotten much of anywhere. The initial claim was we were going to rebuild Afghanistan, oh, and maybe we would have to do a little bombing and fighting first, but even in the peaceful areas we have forgotten to do the rebuilding.

Example And after the war in Iraq had been going on for 8 years and there were 'regrets' they claimed about having destroyed all the state security services, then Hillary did guess what

Destroyed the state security services in Libya having forgotten what was going on in Iraq as a result of the same action.

The Washington Post gives her a clear pass, claiming that she had killed a lot of the right people, failing to notice that this was part of the problem, and doing the usual

claiming she isn't evil but just amazingly stupid.
Well that is mostly just their opinion then, isn't it. Do you have to believe it? I know I don't have to believe it.
I know that I cannot possibly know everything that is going on in the Middle East. I'm not privy to all the info. and neither is the media.
When circumstances change the plan may have to change. It's good to have contingency plans even if they are not perfect.
When any tragedy, such as Benghazi, occurs we just naturally want to put a face on the blame. In the end the SoS is where the responsibility lies. But we cannot possibly believe that she was the only one that made the decisions that lead up to that night and it ending in tragedy. I have to at least give her credit for not dragging anyone else under the bus with her. Who was it that kept changing the orders on the rescue team located in Spain, who caused that delay? Was that military leader even telling the truth about that? We may never know.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Such honesty is appreciated.

If I'm not mistaken, Jill Stein has also come out about Hillary's questionable political inclinations.

Oh, I'm so glad you trust Jill Stein's opinion:

Jill Stein diagnoses Donald Trump

“I don’t pretend to be able to do TV diagnosis, but I think the guy has a problem,” Dr. Stein said on Politico’s “Off Message” podcast. “The guy has a lot of problems -- physical, mental, emotional, cognitive,” Stein said.

LOL, looks like she thinks Trump is a disaster both mentally and physically. So you agree, right?

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Well yeah, if you want reality, you're going to find a liberal bias.

If you want someone to agree with your personal fantasies regardless of the evidence, then stick with conservative sites like Breitbart, they will make you happy.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Politifact explains how they came to their conclusions. You can verify what they say, that's always the best, and avoid sites that are advocates for White Supremacists (rebranded "the alt-right") like Breitbart, they aren't reputable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So Wikileaks having actual documents can be trusted?

• Friendly
Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So Wikileaks having actual documents can be trusted?
Official documents such as votes cast in Congress, federal documents, transcripts of statements given before Congress, or an investigation, etc. not things that could have been doctored and manipulated such as hacked emails.

Upvote 0

Jack of Spades

I told you so
Oct 3, 2015
Finland
✟34,886.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

How did you find out that they have leftist bias?

Through what kind of research did you come to that conclusion?

Who funded the said research?

Was the funding-provider somehow involved in politics?

Upvote 0